REW V5 Tips - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #11 of 114 Old 07-25-11, 09:57 PM
Shackster

JIMKO

Re: REW V5 Tips

How can I link your program to my Blog, bro ?? Or is there a Facebook link ? There must be thousands out there who would appreciate this work of art...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 114 Old 07-25-11, 09:58 PM
Shackster

JIMKO

just press CTRL and use the mouse wheel (for newbies...).
post #13 of 114 Old 07-26-11, 03:32 AM
Elite Shackster

engtaz

My System

Thanks for the for taking the time to share your tips.

Don't you like how music can make a bad day better.

post #14 of 114 Old 07-27-11, 12:20 AM
Shackster
TomCat

Quote:
JIMKOVACS wrote: View Post
not to mention the mouse-wheel scrolling option to zoom in on out-of scene measurement areas.
I do anlaysis from 20Hz to 16KHz, and the normal window gives me to 200Hz. BUT if you scroll into the end you find you can open the entire spectrum.... THIS IS AWESOME AND MUST BE TOLD !
(I just discovered by fiddling).
Incredible Design, John, thanx....
MAN! That is so cool. Sure glad you posted this. I have two ECM8000 and two EMM6. I use a Blue Icicle or MXL Mic Mate to connect to USB.

When I read this, I had to experiment a little. Neither model have had the "HTS Official Calibration Curve" run. I used a pair of Koss R80 Headphones to play with. Placing the mic's between the cushions and gently holding them in place, I ran a number of 30-20,000 curves. The response between all 4 mic's was almost identical from 30 to 3,000hz. After that there were variations , but averaging the high end showed they were not too far off. Minor variations can show up just by how you hold the cushions and the exact placement of mic each time a curve is run. I'm going to do some free field speaker test's when time permits, but it was sooo neat I can't get over it. All my thanks to everyone who had anything to do with developing the REW.

I'm 70 yrs old and it makes me feel like a youngster when I was a Lab Tech at American Microphone Co.

Best to All, Uncle Tom (tomegun)
post #15 of 114 Old 07-27-11, 10:45 AM
Shackster

JIMKO

hey, oldster, I'm only 57 but feel the same. I actually studied at Altec Lansing in Anaheim in the 30s, and never DREAMED about being able to do all this in Java when I got my hands on my first IVIE RTA unit in the 70s. Enjoy, and keep in touch. http://jimkovacs.blogspot.com/
post #16 of 114 Old 08-16-11, 09:39 PM
Shackster

great thread thanks
post #17 of 114 Old 01-03-12, 12:35 AM
Shackster
Ilian

Guys, I am just getting ready to start using the REW..One thing I can't understand, at what level do you set the Volume Master on your preamp/ processor when you run the REW. I did quite a bit of reading but it seems I can't find the answer to this question...
Thanks...
post #18 of 114 Old 01-03-12, 04:41 AM Thread Starter
REW Author

John

Quote:
kamenoff wrote: View Post
One thing I can't understand, at what level do you set the Volume Master on your preamp/ processor when you run the REW.
Best to set it at the level you normally use when listening, saves any surprises when you go back to normal content and forget to reset it
post #19 of 114 Old 02-01-12, 09:42 AM
Shackster

Exclamation Re: REW V5 Tips

John,

I just bought a Berhringer FBQ2496 and am investigating it's many features with my 10 yr old laptop and my vintage RS 33-2050. I have also downloaded you REW. While my budget recovers from my afore mentioned purchase, I am looking at purchasing a USB sound card and USB/midi iinterface. Recently the Tascam
US-122MKII came into view. It has midi out & in and I wondered if this would replace the USB/midi adapter required for REW? With it's phantom powered XLR mic inputs, it would supply the entire suite of componnets
when I buy a calibrated mic.

Your REW is fantastic, by the way!!!

terrydeal
post #20 of 114 Old 02-01-12, 09:49 AM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
It has midi out & in and I wondered if this would replace the USB/midi adapter required for REW?
> Yes it will .