REW V5 Tips - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #21 of 114 Old 02-01-12, 11:08 AM
Shackster

Re: REW V5 Tips

John,

I recently purchased a Berhringer FBQ2496 after downloading REW. I have been using a ten yr old laptop and a
vintage RS 33-2050 to explore my system. When my budget recovers, I will buy a USB sound card and a USB/midi adapter. Recently, I have noticed a Tascam US-122MKII. It is an elaborate device with USB sound card capabilities plus, midi in & out and XLR mic inputs with phantom power. Would this device replace the USB/midi interface? It would surely replace a seperate mic/phantom power device when I can buy a calibrated mic.

Also, try as I may I cannot create the test tone CD mentionned else where in this site.

Thank you for REW!!! It promises to solve most sub woofer problems.

terrydeal

My system (all home designed & built) :

a pair of three-ways, 2-5 1/2 woofers, 2 dome mids & dome tweeter arranged symetricaly around tweeters.

a pair of RS 18s in 5 cu ft boxes.

an ONKYO 555

a SoundTech A-300 amp driven by an ESP project 71, a Linkwitz Transform Circuit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 114 Old 02-02-12, 05:54 AM
Shackster

Thanks
post #23 of 114 Old 02-07-12, 06:21 PM
Shackster
Ilian

I was wondering if I could use the AV Processor noise generator? Thanks...

post #24 of 114 Old 02-07-12, 09:46 PM
Shackster

Smile Re: REW V5 Tips

Since my posting on 2-1-2012I have been able to create those test tones. Just download REW and you will have a choice of white or pink noise. Go REW!
post #25 of 114 Old 05-08-12, 11:27 AM

many thanks!!!!
post #26 of 114 Old 07-31-12, 07:17 AM
Shackster
drumslinger

excellent tips, thank you sir.
post #27 of 114 Old 09-27-12, 12:54 PM
Shackster
Per Ivar Nerseth

Hi,

I am one of those guys that hate doing the same manual work many times and right now I am annoyed that my long post was lost because when I posted my long post it contained a link which incidentally is illegal for the first five posts here!?

Anyway, enough ranting.

Because of the same reason that I hate doing boring things many times over, I created a little utility that basically takes REW EQ Filter files and converts them into a usable preset file for some VST EQ Plugins.
The reason is that for my little music production studio I needed to correct the room acoustics for mixing purposes.
So I needed to do something like this chap:
[Room Correction with Plugin and Measurement by DozerBeatz]

The current support is ReaEQ which is a free VST Plugin and FabFilter Pro-Q which is a commercial one.

The utility is a simple Windows tool called REWEQ2EQPreset and can be found here:
https://github.com/perivar/Code/downloads

Hopefully useful for more people than I.

Cheers,
Per Ivar

Last edited by perivar; 09-28-12 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Add urls
post #28 of 114 Old 09-27-12, 01:00 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Per,

Thanks for the tip. The reason we have a 5 post minimum is that is helps to deter spammers from our site. If you would like, you can use the post padding thread to get to 5 posts - it is located here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #29 of 114 Old 11-14-12, 01:32 AM
Shackster

Hi Per Ivar,

Tried using your Room EQ filter converter. Followed your txt file for setup etc. Drop the filter .txt on the converter ... But nothing happens!

Ron.

Last edited by ronsound; 11-15-12 at 04:06 PM.
post #30 of 114 Old 11-16-12, 02:39 AM
Shackster
Per Ivar Nerseth

Strange.
If you click and drag a equaliser filter format (exported as a text file), a preset file should be created in the same directory as where you clicked and dragged the file from, but with the extension *.ffp or *.fxp dependent on what plugin you chose. You copy that file to where the plugin stores it's preset files and you should be good to go.
Try to run the app as "Administrator" if it still doesn't work. (For Win7 and Vista I think).
If you still have problems, send me the equaliser filer text file and I will try to find out what's wrong.
Cheers,
Per Ivar