V5.10 Beta release - ASIO Support - Page 13 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #121 of 849 Old 02-08-12, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
REW Author

John

Re: V5.10 Beta release - ASIO Support

Quote:
Eric Walter wrote: View Post
It seems I have to first run a measurement. After that, filter retrieval works just fine.
Thanks Eric, I'll fix that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 849 Old 03-01-12, 11:07 AM
Shackster

I am using 5.01 beta 7 and I see issues with loading saved EQ filters. The Q value of a couple of the filters is trash upon loading. Usually the same trash value. A Q of 15.36 on EQ filter 3 in my case.

miniDSP is my equalizer setting. The saved values seem fine by looking at the settings preview in the file selection dialog. Filter 3 having a Q of 7, but when loaded it gets trashed with the 15.36 Q.

This happens regardless of the saved eq filter set. All saved files load whacked and always filter #3 and #5.

Also EQ filter in a saved measurement has showed up whacked in the same manner when the measurement was reloaded.

I am on Windows 7 64-bit.
post #123 of 849 Old 03-01-12, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
REW Author

John

Quote:
NormanPCN wrote: View Post
I am using 5.01 beta 7 and I see issues with loading saved EQ filters.
Could you attach an example .req file that shows the problem?

post #124 of 849 Old 03-01-12, 03:29 PM
Shackster

Here is a sample .req file. It has 6 filters. #4 and #6 get their Q values whacked. In the EQ filter file load dialog preview pane #4 shows be 5.00 which is correct and #6 should be 9.24. After loaded the EQ filters window shows 10.27 for #4 and 21.42 for #6. Everything else is correct.
Attached Files test.req (2.3 KB) 
post #125 of 849 Old 03-01-12, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
REW Author

John

Quote:
NormanPCN wrote: View Post
Here is a sample .req file.
Thank you. This is a side effect of a bug I came across earlier in the week due to its effect on the predicted response when changing filter types between PK and Modal and back again. I've fixed it for the next release, in the meantime the only workaround is to use the file preview to check for the correct Q values, sorry about that.
post #126 of 849 Old 03-01-12, 04:18 PM
Shackster

No worries. Just glad it was an easily reproducible bug.

Thanks for the great program. I am having too much fun playing with this. I was initially annoyed I had to go through getting a setup to get good sound in my room, but it has turned out to be a of a tool to have some fun with beyond getting good sound.
post #127 of 849 Old 03-11-12, 02:31 PM
Senior Shackster

Brad

My System

I'm trying to use ASIO4ALL with two devices - USB sound card for mic input, and HDMI for output - so I can easily switch between measuring all 7 channels and sub without having to manually fiddle with wires. Seems to be working well, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing a loopback to calibrate the sound card, since input and output is handled by two devices. Does loopback even apply in this case, if so how would I go about it? The only way I can think of would be to calibrate the sound card itself - then take a measurement using the sound card, another measurement with the sound card in / HDMI out, and then manually subtract deltas and apply to the calibration file.

Appreciate any advice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

XBox Live ID: Atomic Hamper
post #128 of 849 Old 03-11-12, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
REW Author

John

Quote:
fitzwaddle wrote: View Post
I'm trying to use ASIO4ALL with two devices - USB sound card for mic input, and HDMI for output - so I can easily switch between measuring all 7 channels and sub without having to manually fiddle with wires. Seems to be working well, but I'm not really sure how to go about doing a loopback to calibrate the sound card, since input and output is handled by two devices. Does loopback even apply in this case, if so how would I go about it? The only way I can think of would be to calibrate the sound card itself - then take a measurement using the sound card, another measurement with the sound card in / HDMI out, and then manually subtract deltas and apply to the calibration file.

Appreciate any advice.
If you were determined and had enough control over the gain of the USB soundcard you could make a loopback connection from a line level output of your receiver (assuming the HDMI output is feeding a receiver) to the input of the USB soundcard. Could also do without a cal file, but make doubly sure that the signal from the mic is not making its way back to the output, if you speak into the mic you should not hear anything from the HDMI out.
post #129 of 849 Old 03-17-12, 01:47 PM
Senior Shackster
Matt

I have a quick point/question about the loopback calibration... Since there will be impedance mismatches between the various devices introduce errors in the calibration file?
post #130 of 849 Old 04-08-12, 11:49 AM
Shackster

wooo eeeee this site is having way more fun then the one I just left.

Do you compare the results with a reference audio analyzer??

Would be interested to try out the software. I am way too busy right now to play damnit.. but what mic do you use to take measurements.

At some point I would like to give it a whirl and compare with my sencore sp295.

The interface and graphics look great.