Roland Quad Capture - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 24 Old 01-14-13, 09:55 AM
Elite Shackster

Re: Roland Quad Capture

This pic ( en francais ) is worth studying because it shows that this particular sound-card "auto-registers" ( with the computers OS ) as two separate sound devices ( on the input side ) within both REW & the Win7 sound control panel /// leading to twice as many opportunities for signal-routing foul-ups , ( as documented in the text below ) .

FWIW, I would choose "1-2 (QUAD-CAPTURE)" since it looks like it just might bypass the software-based monitor mixer ( just guessing ) .

NOTE ;

Quote:
bluemax_1 wrote:
Thanks for all your patience everyone. Well I finally got back in town and had some time to check everything again and I think I've found the problem.

For anyone interested, it was a Windows 7 setting I had to go into the 'Sound' settings in the 'Control Panel' and under 'Recording', I had unchecked the 'Listen To This Device' box under '1-2 (QUAD-CAPTURE)' but it appears I didn't do this under 'MAIN (QUAD-CAPTURE)'.

This in turn caused feedback in some configurations of the card, thus I couldn't use them without producing some seriously funky graphs.

Here's what the new calibration graph looks like. Finally, something that looks normal:
Now to actually try measuring with the card

Max
All from here ! (which was previously linked to) .

Last edited by EarlK; 01-14-13 at 03:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 01-16-13, 09:06 AM Thread Starter

I do appreciate all of the help I've been getting here, but please realize I did not go to school for this and this is all new to me.
I have read through all the help files (as far as I know) and all the forum and all of the links and am still unable to get a reading.
I have Windows 7, not XP and there is no operating system mixer, just the sounds icon on the control panel. I have the recording set to 100% level as well as the playback set to 100% level, this is the only way I can get a calibration. I have everything set to 2 channel, 48000 khz. I have all the correct settings (according to your prior post) set on the mixer itself. I have the Hi-z off and the phantom power on, everything set to the left channel, the mixer inputs all the way down and the mix set to playback. I did change in the operating system mixer to MAIN as in prev post. Now, knowing all this, what am I still not seeing? Thank you.
post #23 of 24 Old 01-16-13, 11:31 AM
Elite Shackster

Quote:
wrtorn wrote: View Post
I do appreciate all of the help I've been getting here, but please realize I did not go to school for this and this is all new to me.
I have read through all the help files (as far as I know) and all the forum and all of the links and am still unable to get a reading.
I have Windows 7, not XP and there is no operating system mixer, just the sounds icon on the control panel. I have the recording set to 100% level as well as the playback set to 100% level, this is the only way I can get a calibration. I have everything set to 2 channel, 48000 khz. I have all the correct settings (according to your prior post) set on the mixer itself. I have the Hi-z off and the phantom power on, everything set to the left channel, the mixer inputs all the way down and the mix set to playback. I did change in the operating system mixer to MAIN as in prev post. Now, knowing all this, what am I still not seeing? Thank you.

- Certainly, it's not immediately apparent what the problem here is .

Last edited by EarlK; 01-18-13 at 05:08 AM.

post #24 of 24 Old 01-17-13, 07:42 AM
Senior Shackster

Are you using Java or ASIO drivers? Go with ASIO.

Results from post #11 looked promising. If you would run loopback for that set of conditions and post .mdat of saved measurements I will take a look and see what you've got.