Problem with REW settings? - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 23 Old 01-25-13, 12:01 AM
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Re: Problem with REW settings?

Quote:
madbrayniak wrote: View Post
Ah, sorry, I should have been more specific. The microphone is working now but it seems that the signal that is going from laptop to the receiver isn't correct.
No signal? Level too low? Does the test sweep sound wrong, out of balance, like the frequency response of the test sweep has something wrong with it? What is your indication that there is something wrong with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 01-25-13, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

First: I am sorry I have not be good at communicating what is going on. With as busy as I have been I have only had about 10-15 minutes a day to work on this. I know if can be frustrating to help someone who doesn't meet you half way and I apologize.

Yes the test signal sounds wrong possibly.

When I plugged the laptop into my AVR to run even some test signals through it I got almost no volume through the speakers. I could hear something but it was very quiet.

I think I need to return REW to default settings and start all over again.

Hopefully I will have more time tonight to work on this and if not I will over the weekend to give you guys some information that can actually help you help me.

Once again, I am sorry for the nonsensical and sometimes weird ramblings that is going on with my measurements.
post #23 of 23 Old 01-26-13, 12:03 AM
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Absolutely no need to apologize. As cool as this forum way of communicating is, it has its obvious limitations, and we are all doing our best to get our thoughts communicated.

And it is frustrating for you, no doubt, trying to make progress with limited time available. We all wish we had more bandwidth for our home theater/audio projects.

Sometimes when the universe seems to be working against you in figuring out the cause of a problem, it doesn't hurt to take a day or two off and come back to it fresh. Can't tell you how many times for me doing so has led to one of those immediate "doh, now I see the problem" revelations. And it can be useful to go back to square one sometimes, take it step by careful step, you might see one little thing you missed before that solves the problem.

When you get time to dig in a little deeper, give us a shout.