Back In The Saddle Again - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 24 Old 09-09-13, 08:58 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

weverb

Re: Back In The Saddle Again

Quote:
Wayne A. Pflughaupt wrote: View Post

It would be surprising if both speakers individually had the dip at 660, since the room layout you gave us in the opening post shows non-symmetrical placement in relation to the room boundaries. It would be enlightening to see measurements of each speaker separately, but regardless, if there was no change in response after equalizing both speakers at 660 Hz, then thereís nothing you can do about it, short of re-locating the speakers.

Regards,
Wayne
Here you go. The first graph is the right speaker (green = no eq). On the left speaker (purple = no eq), I was just trying to see if I could get the dip to move up. Not the final result.
Attached Thumbnails
Back In The Saddle Again-right-speaker.jpg  

Back In The Saddle Again-left-speaker.jpg  

System 1: Pioneer SX-950, CT-F9191, modded CA 651P, PL-707 w/DV Karat 23RS MKII, RH-65, RG-1, SR-202, Monitor 10/HE-500 hp's
System 2: Laptop, M2tech Young, Oppo 83, JVC QL-A75 w/DV XX2 MKI, DIY phono preamp, Simaudio i5.3, Dali Mentor 2's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 Old 09-24-13, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

weverb

What the is going on! The blue trace is with sample rate of 4 versus the purple set to 1. I went back and redid everything with a sample rate of 1. These seem more realistic to what I am hearing. The second graph compares the left speaker before and after applying some eq filters. The third compares the right speaker.
Attached Thumbnails
Back In The Saddle Again-4-samples-versus-1.jpg  

Back In The Saddle Again-left-before-after-eq.jpg  

Back In The Saddle Again-right-before-after-eq.jpg  

System 1: Pioneer SX-950, CT-F9191, modded CA 651P, PL-707 w/DV Karat 23RS MKII, RH-65, RG-1, SR-202, Monitor 10/HE-500 hp's
System 2: Laptop, M2tech Young, Oppo 83, JVC QL-A75 w/DV XX2 MKI, DIY phono preamp, Simaudio i5.3, Dali Mentor 2's
post #23 of 24 Old 09-30-13, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

weverb

Ok, I want to learn more. What's next? Is it time or worth while looking at impulse responses? I started reading the sections about impulse response and phase. I will admit my eyes started glazing over trying to take it in and understand it. It just brought up a lot of questions. What settings to use? How do you interpret the graphs? How do you make improvements? etc. etc.

post #24 of 24 Old 09-30-13, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

weverb

Do these look right? First is both speakers. The second is the left speaker and the last is the right speaker. Are these really only helpful when it comes to adding and placing treatment panels?
Attached Thumbnails
Back In The Saddle Again-impulse-both-speakers.jpg  

Back In The Saddle Again-impulse-left-speaker.jpg  

Back In The Saddle Again-impulse-right-speaker.jpg