Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   REW Forum (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/)
-   -   Another dumb cabling question (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/rew-forum/73160-another-dumb-cabling-question.html)

adrianproduces 02-13-14 09:33 PM

Another dumb cabling question

I'm almost ready to begin testing my newly-treated room, but I'm confused about the REW Interconnect diagram using an SPL Meter. I have a 2.1 monitoring system (TAPCO), and the crossover control is on the subwoofer. The diagram shows a processor sub-out going to an EQ box then to the subwoofer. I'm running a G5 and a PreSonus Firebox interface, and I don't think I can breakout a signal as shown. My current signal path is G5 - Firebox - external EQ box - subwoofer input - crossover feeds out to monitors. Can I still use REW with my signal path as is? If not, would it be possible to create the correct path w/my rig?

And I apologize for the rank newbie question, M8s.

Cheers!

Wayne A. Pflughaupt 02-13-14 10:42 PM

Re: Another dumb cabling question

Welcome to the Forum, Adrian!

I don’t know what a G5 is, but if you can get a signal from your computer to your speaker system (sounds like it’s active?), that you can hear music through, then it will work for REW.

Regards,
Wayne

EarlK 02-14-14 10:22 AM

Quote:

adrianproduces wrote: (Post 680476)
I'm almost ready to begin testing my newly-treated room, but I'm confused about the REW Interconnect diagram using an SPL Meter. I have a 2.1 monitoring system (TAPCO), and the crossover control is on the subwoofer. The diagram shows a processor sub-out going to an EQ box then to the subwoofer. I'm running a G5 and a PreSonus Firebox interface, and I don't think I can breakout a signal as shown. My current signal path is G5 - Firebox - external EQ box - subwoofer input - crossover feeds out to monitors. Can I still use REW with my signal path as is? If not, would it be possible to create the correct path w/my rig?

And I apologize for the rank newbie question, M8s.

Cheers!

I'll be very curious to see if you can get an input signal from that soundcard to show up within REW's preferences window .

The G5 ( PPC chipset from older Macs ) should allow you to run REW & execute all the programs file parsing commands ( I've tried this with a G4 Mac Mini running OSX 10.4 & 10.5 , using files obtained from running REW on my PC ) .

The hiccup I've encountered is that I can't get any input to show ( & maybe even output ?? ) within the REW preferences box ( & this is after trying all the Java-Mac suggested work-arounds .

:sn:

HifiZine 02-15-14 05:20 AM

I was able to get REW to work with a FireBox... in fact that's what I used when figuring out the workaround... Not a G5 tho, so that could mess everything up.

adrianproduces 02-18-14 12:37 PM

Just about to begin the process. I'll update and ask further questions as needed. Much thanks for your replies. Cheers!