Samsung HLN567w Screen freeze with white dots - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 17 Old 01-11-14, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: Samsung HLN567w Screen freeze with white dots

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
I don't know where a reset will leave you. I would set each setting from where you are.

I tinkered with the settings but it didn't seem to change anything. Here is a picture of the lines I see on the lite backgrounds. It is not the best picture but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

It is almost like the lines are created from a change in brightness in each of the strips. The lines are horizontal and perfectly straight across the screen and are about 1/4" apart.

I didn't have this particular issue before the new parts were installed. So, I started to install some of the old parts back in to see if I could eliminate the lines. I put the old Digital and Analog board back in at the same time and still had the lines which made me think it has to be the DMD board. Then I tried the old DMD board with the new Digital and Analog board and still had the lines.

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Last edited by Sammysofa; 01-30-14 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 01-13-14, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Anyone have any idea on what to check?
post #13 of 17 Old 01-20-14, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

If it is not the Digital, Analog, or DMD board, what else is left that could cause an issue with the picture like that?

If the ballast is firing the lamp, that can't be an issue right? Could the cable coming from the color wheel to the DMD board be an issue?

post #14 of 17 Old 01-21-14, 07:33 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo

Probably reflections in the light tunnel. Those things tend to fall apart. Could still be some power supply artifact but if they are stationary it is likely optical.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #15 of 17 Old 01-22-14, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
Probably reflections in the light tunnel. Those things tend to fall apart. Could still be some power supply artifact but if they are stationary it is likely optical.
Thanks for the input! The lines are stationary. I found a good deal on a new light tunnel. Should be here in a few days. I'll let you know if that is the issue.

Thanks!
post #16 of 17 Old 01-28-14, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Sammysofa wrote: View Post
Thanks for the input! The lines are stationary. I found a good deal on a new light tunnel. Should be here in a few days. I'll let you know if that is the issue.

Thanks!
Got the new light tunnel installed, but the lines are still there.

I finally found a thread on a different forum where a guy had the exact same problem with the faint grey lines on the screen. Only one person had a reply with any info. That guy who replied said a Samsung tech told him that it was a problem with the screen lamination and said it was not repairable.

Have you ever heard of problems with screen lamination? What are the odds that I start having issues with the lamination on the screen just days after replacing boards in the T.V?
post #17 of 17 Old 02-07-14, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Sammysofa wrote: View Post
Got the new light tunnel installed, but the lines are still there.

I finally found a thread on a different forum where a guy had the exact same problem with the faint grey lines on the screen. Only one person had a reply with any info. That guy who replied said a Samsung tech told him that it was a problem with the screen lamination and said it was not repairable.

Have you ever heard of problems with screen lamination? What are the odds that I start having issues with the lamination on the screen just days after replacing boards in the T.V?
I was able to talk to a guy who works on Samsung DLPs and he said if it was a screen lamination problem, I would see a difference when I pressed on the screen. There was no difference, so I guess I am back to it being an internal issue.

I would think it has to be either the internal cables / wires, or the power board. Those are really the only things left.