HLR4266W (or HLR5066W) L6 with Green Static? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 6 Old 01-09-14, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

My System
HLR4266W (or HLR5066W) L6 with Green Static?

Green Static on Samsung DLP. Model HL-R4266W (Or HLR5066W?) with L64A Chassis (Robocop/Hurricane)? (Previously replaced or swapped chassis/digital board?)

On Tuner, Composite and HDMI input. Intermittent, can go hours without it, sometimes shutting off for 3 minutes will fix it. Can go away after a few minutes or stay on for hours too. Mostly affects black and/or contrast areas. Service Menu DDP Test mode not affected by the static, but DNIe Test modes are.

I took the chassis out, checked the connectors, reseated them all including the main grounding cable between the main Digital board and the power supply. Problem went away for a few days but is now back with a vengeance. Lasts longer.

NOT GREEN + PURPLE PLAID ISSUE. Issue is also the same regardless of HD or SD content, so most likely not ram issue either. It affects the overlay menus and CC as well. Not much, but can be seen.

Any ideas of what might be it?

A video of it is at youtube.com/watch?v=iIQCGBx191k
Attached Thumbnails
HLR4266W (or HLR5066W) L6 with Green Static?-samsung-hlr-green-issue.jpg  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-17-14, 08:08 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System
Re: HLR4266W (or HLR5066W) L6 with Green Static?

Hmm I have seen a good number of display issues, but that is not one I am familiar with.

Have you been able to touch base with Samsung on this issue and they should know straight away.

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
post #3 of 6 Old 01-22-14, 09:43 PM Thread Starter

My System

Quote:
Savjac wrote: View Post
Hmm I have seen a good number of display issues, but that is not one I am familiar with.

Have you been able to touch base with Samsung on this issue and they should know straight away.
They had no idea. Called Samsung, the agent was just customer service. Took my info, checked the warranty (long expired), arranged for a repair service to call me back. They did, was quoted 100 for a diagnostic, plus 80 for labor and part cost if I go for a repair. Tried to push for more info, a tech apparently mumbled something about it being a digital chip (generic term) issue to the service's rep, so I was looking at 320 for the part (assuming they would just swap the chassis or digital board), 500 total. The cost of a new comparable sized lcd, minus the bulk...

Nothing specific was said so I'm still at square one. Grrr. I'm going to double check the board for bad caps again.

post #4 of 6 Old 01-23-14, 04:28 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
It is most likely the digital board. I have seen that on these sets.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.
post #5 of 6 Old 01-23-14, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

My System

Any specific part of the board? Needs reflow or just a total replacement?
post #6 of 6 Old 01-24-14, 03:55 AM
Plain ole user

Tech Guru

Send a message via AIM to lcaillo
Not much luck with either in the long run. Every board repaired or replaced failed again within two years or was defective right away in my experience. This was a truly faulty product IMO and I gave up on mine.

Looking for me, just google my username. I have used the same one for most sites for many years.