Sealed test enclosure - Page 12 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #111 of 114 Old 03-17-10, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Josh

Re: Sealed test enclosure

Update.

Here is the best response I can seem to get with the current equipment and room. I've been tweaking when I have time for the last 3 weeks and I've started from scratch 3 times. It's not bad and sounds fairly good too. Treatments are next on the list. I still have a lot of reverberation as the walls and ceiling are mostly flat and bare. There's more eq involved than I would like, but until I get some treatments in the room it is needed. I've got about a +6db shelf below 20hz dialed in and a major q10 cut at 45hz to counter a very nasty room resonance. I also have a slight cut with q8 at about 73hz. I'm trying to get the average response as clean as possible with the main position also a prime consideration. Anything that will improve on both is what my eqing decisions were based on.

Main position, subs plus mains, fullrange response, measured in HolmImpulse. 1/3rd octave smoothing.

Main position, bass range, subs plus mains.

Average response, subs plus mains.

Main position waterfall. Needs improvement. Lots of low end energy storage, but I'm stuck with that.

Here is the progression from 1 (green), 2 (red),3 (blue) to 4 (black) subs and how it fills in and improves the response. Multiple cabs around the room are a huge improvement.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 114 Old 03-17-10, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Josh

Here's one more at the standard HTS scale. Looks a little better like that.

post #113 of 114 Old 03-19-10, 12:16 AM
Shackster

Bob

Looks good! What kind of mains are you running to keep up with those 4 monsters?

post #114 of 114 Old 03-19-10, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Josh

Klipsch CF4's.

102lbs each, 100db sensitivity rating, 2-ways, 2 12" drivers tuned to 32hz via 2 4" ports and a 2" compression driver in a 14x10 tractrix horn. You can see a picture of them on the last page. Post #102. Also that's a close up of one in my avatar pic.

Not the most pristine, angelically pure speaker ever made, but it's not bad either and there are some things that it does do very well.