First Sub finished TC-2000 Sealed vs JL F112 - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 11:41 AM
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: First Sub finished TC-2000 Sealed vs JL F112

Nice work Warp...

Brandon... that does look pretty good for a natural response, although it might be a little peaky at 45-50Hz. A BFD would easily level that out for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 11:43 AM
Elite Shackster

thxgoon

That bump at 45hz could easily be solved with an eq and it wouldn't take much work to get pretty flat resonse from there. Have you tried the sub in different locations?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #33 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Warp

Thanks Sonnie....

Brandon, you really need to post up some closer up pics of your sub since we routered all the corners before delivery, next to those Ribbon Tweeter Rosewood Songtowers, or I'm going to come over there and reclaim that product.

My preliminary thoughts, the 80hz crossover looks the best. Using the EQ, boost the 20hz range a couple db, then pull down the 40-45hz range about 4-5db and pull down the 63hz a few notches as well for starters, you would have a pretty smooth response.

Last edited by Warpdrv; 12-13-08 at 12:00 PM.

post #34 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 12:22 PM
Elite Shackster

Steve

I'd definitely go 80hz. Even though your speakers may be able to reproduce relatively flat response down into low frequencies, it's best to keep as light a load on them as possible and let the beastly subwoofer take care of the rest. A little distortion from the sub isn't very easy to notice, but a little intermodulation distortion from the woofers used in the speakers created as the result of trying to do too much on the low end while also handling upper bass through midrange will be noticed much more easily.

post #35 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 12:40 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

I ain't seen graphs like that in a long time. You really should try out REW... it will give you a much more accurate picture of what's going on with your response.
post #36 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 02:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
Warp

Heheheh I got the Galaxy meter and the external SC, but haven't had the time to get familiar with it just yet.... Working on it though.... Holiday season is a bit time consuming for me....

Not sure Nuance has the money for all the equipment just yet...
post #37 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 09:30 PM
Senior Shackster
Brandon

Quote:
thxgoon wrote: View Post
That bump at 45hz could easily be solved with an eq and it wouldn't take much work to get pretty flat resonse from there. Have you tried the sub in different locations?
I've tried it a foot from the back wall, but the response was worse. I don't have much room to play right now, but maybe down the road. To show you what I mean I've attached a pic of my listening room. Sorry for the camera, hence the weird white marks on the wall behind the speakers. Gotta love the oh so appropriate Dora shot, though (I have a 2-year-old).

Quote:
SteveCallas wrote: View Post
I'd definitely go 80hz. Even though your speakers may be able to reproduce relatively flat response down into low frequencies, it's best to keep as light a load on them as possible and let the beastly subwoofer take care of the rest. A little distortion from the sub isn't very easy to notice, but a little intermodulation distortion from the woofers used in the speakers created as the result of trying to do too much on the low end while also handling upper bass through midrange will be noticed much more easily.
I kind of felt the same way, so I removed the 60 and 70Hz responses and am using the 80. Thanks, Steve.

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
I ain't seen graphs like that in a long time. You really should try out REW... it will give you a much more accurate picture of what's going on with your response.
True, but I am too poor right now to buy a decent mic. Eventually I'll get there, though.

Thanks for all the responses everyone. My main focus is paying Patrick back for the sub, then it's on to picking up an EQ. Until then, have a happy holiday!
post #38 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 09:33 PM
Senior Shackster
Brandon

Quote:
Warpdrv wrote: View Post

Brandon, you really need to post up some closer up pics of your sub since we routered all the corners before delivery, next to those Ribbon Tweeter Rosewood Songtowers, or I'm going to come over there and reclaim that product.
Ask and you shall receive.

post #39 of 51 Old 12-13-08, 11:37 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Looks really nice...

You oughta be working on winning a little bit of that $2500 we are giving away. 100 bucks will just about get you a Galaxy CM-140.
post #40 of 51 Old 12-14-08, 01:13 AM
Senior Shackster

robert

What 2500.00 bucks?