Sealed TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" NOOB STYLE!! - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #81 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 08:59 AM
Elite Shackster

PHIL

Re: Sealed TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" NOOB STYLE!!

Quote:
sub_crazy wrote: View Post
Ummmmm, and when are you planning on sharing the info on your dual 21's, I don't want to have to warn you a third time This is what I had to do to the last guy that teased me with sub-woofer info but didn't deliver And these are the people who told me about there sub build

Choose wisely friendo
LOL, I'm gettin there. I mistakenly had the camera in megapixel mode when I took all the pictures. I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the pixel size so they'll fit the HT file size limitation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 10:13 AM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
ISLAND1000 wrote: View Post
LOL, I'm gettin there. I mistakenly had the camera in megapixel mode when I took all the pictures. I'm trying to figure out how to reduce the pixel size so they'll fit the HT file size limitation.
You should download Picasa and set-up an account: http://picasa.google.com/

You can upload the pics to your picasa acct then insert the photo's into the the HTS thread or you can even reduce the pic size using picasa as well.
post #83 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 10:39 AM
Elite Shackster

PHIL

I have an account with Photobucket, it too will reduce the pixel size. My problem right now is my ISP. It runs at about 25Kbps upload and often drops/breaks the upload sequence. It's driving me nuts.
I'd like to be able to reduce the pixel size in Windows XP and upload to HT from my computer. But I can't find where to reduce pixel size in XP.

post #84 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 10:44 AM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

I don't know of any photo editing software in XP, I think you need to download a separate photo editing software to do that.
post #85 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 10:49 AM
Elite Shackster

PHIL

I'm looking at that possibility now.
post #86 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System
Started glueing birch on..... Not as easy as it sounded but I'm getting there

Also went to Meeks and had them make me some black stain. I did a test piece and I think it's going to look good. And for the finish I wasn't to sure which would look better, high gloss or semi gloss, so I went with semi
post #87 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
I have an account with Photobucket, it too will reduce the pixel size. My problem right now is my ISP. It runs at about 25Kbps upload and often drops/breaks the upload sequence. It's driving me nuts.
I'd like to be able to reduce the pixel size in Windows XP and upload to HT from my computer. But I can't find where to reduce pixel size in XP.
i reduce all of mine in microsoft office picture manager. Just click edit picture. compress to a document, then resize 800x600
might check that out if you have it
post #88 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System
EQ

One of the biggest headaches in trying to decide what equipment to buy was the EQ. Reading about other peoples set ups and then the manuals on some of these made it sound confusing.

So for ease of use, i narrowed it down to two different ones. The Velodyne SMS-1 and the ANTI-MODE 8033.
Both have automatic features and came with microphone/power adapters.

I read several reviews on differenct sites discussing each one. The SMS-1 for the most part got good reviews. I think the biggest complaint i read about was a hum problem. And who knows, that could be something the owners were doing to cause it. IDK.

The Anti-mode had really good reviews, and found that it was an award winning product. One experienced individual tested it against his own eq skills and if i read it right, they were pretty matched up. http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...de-8033-a.html

i am not really sure how to use all of the EQ style programs that are mentioned alot on this board. Figured it will take quite a bit of studying, trial and error, and more equipment. Plus not really sure what i would be listening for that needed fixing.

So i ended up going with the Anti-mode. The SMS-1 was a close call, but it would be my luck i would get the hum noise. so didn't want to risk it.

Got with Creative Sounds from this board, told him about the project i was working on, and he was able to help me get a pretty good deal, which made me even more glad i went that route lol.

Ordered it on monday and got it today. Here are some pics of the unit, microphone, and power supply. I put a pen on the unit to show how small it really is. Sucker is tiny.
Attached Thumbnails
Sealed TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" NOOB STYLE!!-img_2089.jpg  

Sealed TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" NOOB STYLE!!-img_2090.jpg  

Sealed TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" NOOB STYLE!!-img_2092.jpg  

Sealed TC Sounds LMS Ultra 5400 18" NOOB STYLE!!-img_2094.jpg  

Last edited by brandon123; 05-11-12 at 02:53 PM.
post #89 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 05:28 PM
Elite Shackster

PHIL

Wow! I had thought from the pictures I've seen of the 8033 that it was MUCH bigger. Reality is it's not much larger than a Mini EQ/DSP.
Is that the total instruction manual on the back of the unit or is there an actual book that comes with it?

Last edited by ISLAND1000; 05-13-12 at 11:49 PM.
post #90 of 446 Old 05-11-12, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Wow! I had thought from the pictures I've seen of the 8033 that it was MUCH bigger. Reality is it's not much larger than a Mini EQ.
Is that the total instruction manual on the back of the unit or is there an actual book that comes with it?
Yep, that was the entire manual!!! Just kidding. It came 4 page instruction manual. What i don't know just yet. is it suppose to be hooked up in this order.

Receiver-Antimode-Amp-Sub

Also on the crown, am i suppose to set all of the highpass and low pass settings to flat?