The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do! - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #31 of 39 Old 01-31-14, 05:45 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Re: The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!

One off $2000 plus driver. I think it has been mentioned before that this driver will be EXPENSIVE. If needing excursion and have LOTS of money the new Powersoft woofer design looks awesome.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 39 Old 01-31-14, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

martin

Quote:
ellisr63 wrote: View Post
Have you tried contacting Ricci to see where you can get one?
Yes I have, but no word yet. I can't find any mention of it on internet searches...besides data-bass that is. Big mystery I would say.

MBoutte
south Louisiana
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Klipsch RB-35
Klipsch RB-35
Acoustech HT-65
Cerwin-Vega CV-2800

B&C 21SW152-4 [21" critical Q]
post #33 of 39 Old 01-31-14, 07:05 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
kramskoi wrote: View Post
Yes I have, but no word yet. I can't find any mention of it on internet searches...besides data-bass that is. Big mystery I would say.
Yeah, I tried searching too.

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..

post #34 of 39 Old 01-31-14, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

martin

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
One off $2000 plus driver. I think it has been mentioned before that this driver will be EXPENSIVE. If needing excursion and have LOTS of money the new Powersoft woofer design looks awesome.
Yeah, that rascal is quite a bit on the purse. Curious if I could find one used though. 21 mm will get me 3 dB @ 20Hz, 28 mm, about 6, given the same Sd. Probably better to build the dual and I'm sad about that because I don't actually need more output versus time/desire that will be required to extend the enclosure from 3.5 to 5.5 cu.ft. Why can't someone make a stupid little 21" HT driver with high xmax and low qts? Just one is all I ask and then sell it to me for whatever. And yes I'm hung up on low qts because it keeps the box sinfully small considering the size of the driver. It does many other things that I like as well.

The M-Force indeed looks likes something that will consume an even more perverse amount of pecuniary reserves.

MBoutte
south Louisiana
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Klipsch RB-35
Klipsch RB-35
Acoustech HT-65
Cerwin-Vega CV-2800

post #35 of 39 Old 11-04-14, 05:34 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Resurrecting this older thread. As I am sure you know now. ZOD= 21" IPAL

How many subs do you have in your room to produce the posted results at 8hz and 10hz?

I only ask because after trying to have as much bass as I can in my room because of ULF I am looking at doing some pro audio 18's. Could do the 21's but that would cost me double. Was looking at using a pair of 18 Sound 18LW2500's. Each would go in a very small enclosure beneath my 3way designs with 8's. So some what similar to what you have/had. I would be using the subwoofer enclosures as speaker stands for the 3 ways.

AND being restricted on space and money the pro audio drivers that are here already are a much easier option to incorporate into my application. And as I have noticed before I dont tend to listen to movies that loud. But did much prefer the sound of my ported dual 15 cabinet over my sealed FTW 21 when watching movies. The 15's were 18 Sound NLW 9300's ported in 3cuft at 42hz. When watching movies they just sounded amazing with such clarity. Even when asked to produce notes around 20hz they sounded great albeit moving a LOT.

Anyways sorry for the long winded reply.

[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #36 of 39 Old 04-26-15, 01:05 PM
Shackster
Elwin

My System

Seeing that this 21SW152 can reach 8Hz on 103dB, I have more faith in my Coloss 24 Auna, tough it has a lower Fs and A RMS rating of 4500 I still think it should perform awesomely. Thanks for the insight.
post #37 of 39 Old 05-08-15, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

martin

Quote:
PhilosophyOfSound wrote: View Post
Seeing that this 21SW152 can reach 8Hz on 103dB, I have more faith in my Coloss 24 Auna, tough it has a lower Fs and A RMS rating of 4500 I still think it should perform awesomely. Thanks for the insight.
Would you mind telling me what the Fs, qts and qes figures are for the 24"? It seems to be designed for automotive applications, which would make it a non-starter for me. I would be interested in the 21" though, even if I doubt it will match the 21SW.

MBoutte
south Louisiana

Klipsch RB-35
Klipsch RB-35
Acoustech HT-65
Cerwin-Vega CV-2800

post #38 of 39 Old 05-08-15, 07:55 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

2450 is:
Fs 32
Qes .34
Qts .32

Older technology than the current BC lineup.

post #39 of 39 Old 07-03-16, 09:57 PM
Elite Shackster

PHIL

I made a 9cf sealed cab for 2 RCF 21s back in 2012.
Using 1 4x8 sheet of 3/4 inch Birch Plywood with bracing
Outside dimensions are 48X24X16
Awesome with equalization.
`
`
The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!-zzzrcf-hand.jpg

The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!-zzzrcf-beer.jpg

The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!-zzzrcf-magnet-structure-cooling-system.jpg

The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!-zzzrcf-vs-lms-5400.jpg

The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!-zzzrcf-cabinet-structural-bracing.jpg

The 18SW115 is history...lets see what a 21" can do!-zzz-rcf-finished-cabinet-48x24x16-2012may1dualrcfsubwoofer011.jpg

The RCF is very well constructed. Fit and finish are near perfect.
Neodymium magnet and cooling system are amazing.
21 inches IS big. I show the RCF next to the LMS 5400 18" in a sealed cab in one picture.
The reproduction quality is excellent even down to 10Hz. I haven't measured the output but know it's substantial
by the way my two sliding glass doors begin to show waves under 20Hz.
The box is big and heavy. I installed wheels on the back and sunken steel handles on the sides.
I use a Peavey IPR 3000 amp for power with a Behringer DEQ 2496 for audio processing and EQ.
I like the LMS 40Hz on down and the RCFs 40Hz on up. That may have everything to do with room acoustics.
The RCF enclosure is the first box I ever had to reglue, rescrew, and reseal after pressurization by the dual RCF drivers.
The power of those drivers is amazing.
I've always meant to hookup the RCF enclosure and use it as a PA speaker.
I wonder what 400 to 2000Hz pushed by 2000 watts through that thing would sound like down the block?

Last edited by ISLAND1000; 07-03-16 at 10:39 PM.