SI 24HS D2 quad - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #31 of 77 Old 04-01-14, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: SI 24HS D2 quad

Quote:
Fazorcat wrote: View Post
So what are you going to use for stuffing and how much? Are you gonna stick to the 1lb per cubic foot rule, or do you have a different plan?

After looking at your boxes, I've decided to go with the 30x30 front as well, mine will be only 24" deep though.

Looks great!
Thanks, that's what I keep telling Dale (builder)

I plan to stuff zippered pillow cases with the 5lb bag of loose polyfil, meaning .5lb per cubit foot. BUT I'm open for suggestions on this. I stuffed my first build with 1lb per cubic foot but they weren't as pleasing to the ears, it sounded better to me using .5lb per cube. I realize it's all subjective

Last edited by cowboyup; 04-01-14 at 07:35 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 77 Old 04-01-14, 04:32 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
chrapladm wrote: View Post
You can always add dowels for bracing. Even when using very thick panels at least every 8" in any spot should be braced. And with a 24" woofer that will be moving a LOT of air. SO I would expect panel flex if using 2" panels. Any vibration or flex is a loss of spl. So you may have a dancing box when playing.
You know, I'm glad you chimed in! I thought about adding angle brackets. Hmm...?
post #33 of 77 Old 04-01-14, 04:42 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Angle brackets?

Those would work also.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.

post #34 of 77 Old 04-01-14, 05:06 PM
Shackster

Yeah, I'm trying to decide on stuffing with mine too, that's why I figured i'd bring it up here for the pro's to chime in with. Diamond definitely seems to enjoy his without stuffing, and is in a smaller box, so I often wonder if it's needed.

Stuffing on partsexpress will get pretty pricey if I need to order 12-15 lbs... that's like $150. Gotta be a cheaper option. Walmart maybe....

If it's not needed or beneficial, I'd definitely rather not worry about it. Although most the research I've done seems to point out that it helps the box act larger... which for this woofer has to be a plus right?
post #35 of 77 Old 04-01-14, 07:47 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
Fazorcat wrote: View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to decide on stuffing with mine too, that's why I figured i'd bring it up here for the pro's to chime in with. Diamond definitely seems to enjoy his without stuffing, and is in a smaller box, so I often wonder if it's needed.

Stuffing on partsexpress will get pretty pricey if I need to order 12-15 lbs... that's like $150. Gotta be a cheaper option. Walmart maybe....

If it's not needed or beneficial, I'd definitely rather not worry about it. Although most the research I've done seems to point out that it helps the box act larger... which for this woofer has to be a plus right?
I read a really good explanation about stuffing on data-bass. I spent $7.00 per 5 lbs bag of loose polyfil from walmart and will stuff a few pillow cases in each enclosure. I would've bought several cheap pillows but I already purchased the loose poly from thier arts and craft section. I have to seal, (maybe brace with large angle brackets) and stain before I'm ready to stuff. I'll wait until the last 2 are complete before I seal any.

Last edited by cowboyup; 04-01-14 at 07:56 PM.
post #36 of 77 Old 06-16-14, 07:25 AM
Shackster
Jeff

Have these been finished? How do they look/sound?
post #37 of 77 Old 06-16-14, 02:46 PM
Senior Shackster
DD

Bueller???
post #38 of 77 Old 06-16-14, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

The boxes are complete. The are solid and HEAVY without the 24's. My wife's to do list uncovered water damage in the basement that required foundation repair. I'm almost complete and will get back to the 24's. Thanks for your patience
Attached Thumbnails
SI 24HS D2 quad-quad24-s.jpg  

post #39 of 77 Old 06-17-14, 09:00 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Take your time and dont forget about us. Cant wait to see the final pictures.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #40 of 77 Old 06-18-14, 07:33 PM
Shackster

Here's my 24" Sounds great, gets real low. Powered by INuke 6000. Box Dimensions 30x30x24. Double walls all around. Black carpet on outside. Rubber Feet. No Bracing...which I thought would be a problem but isn't.

I'm a happy camper with Stereo Integrity and this sub. They did an excellent job and had great customer service.
Attached Thumbnails
SI 24HS D2 quad-beast-box.jpg  

SI 24HS D2 quad-beast-box-stuffed.jpg  

SI 24HS D2 quad-beast-finished-2.jpg