SI 24HS D2 quad - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #51 of 77 Old 12-25-14, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Re: SI 24HS D2 quad

Yep you're right let's do it in thier name

Last edited by cowboyup; 12-25-14 at 02:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 77 Old 01-01-15, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Slowly making progress. After I get proper connectors to power up, I'll place them in their permanent individual positions in a different room which is 60Wx45Dx9'H (30" squares barely fit through the only basement door I didn't measure smh). After they're moved/squeezed/scraped through the only 30" door frame, AGAIN as seen in the pics; I'll sand, re-stain with a sprayer and eq. Initial impressions are still several weeks away
Attached Thumbnails
SI 24HS D2 quad-2left.jpg  

SI 24HS D2 quad-2right.jpg  

Last edited by cowboyup; 01-01-15 at 01:06 PM.
post #53 of 77 Old 01-01-15, 04:10 PM
Senior Shackster

morca

4 time,s a SI 24
Awesome !!!

Simulation is no substitute for thought.

post #54 of 77 Old 01-01-15, 06:11 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Looks great so far

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #55 of 77 Old 01-09-15, 08:54 PM
Shackster

Looking forward to listening impressions!

That is some serious BOOM!!!

Those are great amps and those subs could take one per woofer though 1 per 2 will likely be plenty. ENJOY!

I probably have missed it, but you will likely need some e.q. per channel to even everything out... minidsp works great.
post #56 of 77 Old 01-12-15, 11:28 AM
Senior Shackster
DD

Everything looks great so far! Can't wait to hear your impressions.
post #57 of 77 Old 01-16-15, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks for the compliments!

I couldn't resist waiting before I moved them in their perment places so I had to connect them to hear how they sound. Thing is I'm using a 8 year old yamaha receiver. I get this terrible hum and the volume is very low. I have them connected from the receiver's rca sub output to minidsp to cv-5000 amp to speaker. I've tried several times configuring the minidsp but I still get the hum and low volume. I wish Yamaha would've given their cx-a5000 10hz up adjustability and xlr subwoofer outputs! That was going to be my next head unit, but more importantly, that would've eliminated the need for minidsp to connect to pro audio amp. It'll be another few days before I can try again.
post #58 of 77 Old 01-18-15, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I'm pretty good at figuring things out, especially electronic hardware. I'm starting to think I need to replace this brand new balanced minidsp with another one. My receiver is Yamaha's HTR-5990 and for its day, pretty good. I turned up the LFE to 0 and connected it directly to the XLR inputs of 1 cv-5000, turned the receiver's subwoofer output up to +5 (supposedly only .9v peak) put in the movie 9 and let her rip. I started at the scene when the leader doll is telling the new doll about the humans fighting the machines. Unbelievable! the ceiling paint started raining down!!! This was only 2 of the 24's using 1 amp. It isn't EQ yet but, the entire house shook, literally!!!! I have to figure this minidsp out so I can bring the 10-17HZ up (my preference plus they are sealed) but there's plenty in the movie 9. I'm speechless!!! I'll write a review once I get it all dailed in but those sitting on the fence about these 24's, trust me and all of those before me, these are the real deal! There's nothing else out there to compare them to. The clean quick heaviness of the bass is amazing!!! I'm still in awe!!! I see why people go silent on the forums after receiving their 24. They're too busy watching movies over again! WOW SI you hit this driver out of the park!!! I'm delightfully SPEECHLESS
Electrodynamic likes this.

Last edited by cowboyup; 01-19-15 at 04:31 PM.
post #59 of 77 Old 01-18-15, 07:24 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

That movie rocks!!!!!!!. And I will be watching it again as soon as I have my subwoofers built. Great to see you liking an awesome product from SI. Those 24's are amazing. I only wish I could find a place in my room for a pair. jelly

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.
post #60 of 77 Old 01-21-15, 09:30 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Apparently it was operator error on figuring out the minidsp. I'm not sure what I did wrong but after restoring the unit to default setting I put in same values and it works. It works great actually! I can't express enough how good these SI 24's are! They sound great at very low volume as well as very high volume! They are very consistent in their sound at all levels of volume! I'm so happy with them! They sound AWESOME from 10HZ all the way to 200HZ. I have them crossed over at 80HZ on the receiver. I'll definitely go with bookshelf speakers, al lot of bookshelf speakers, to complete the home theater speakers. Ill write a better review a little later but just know they sound AWESOME!!!