REW Sound Card Database - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 119 Old 02-18-13, 04:14 AM

Re: REW Sound Card Database

REW is working great with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and supplied ASIO driver!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 119 Old 02-18-13, 08:02 AM
Shackster

GREAT... I am sure the mic pre's meet your need, and the flexibility of the design allows for other use!
GENELEC makes a proprietary, measurement specific breakout USB card/mic pre...but I feel for similar money the Focusrite will do. The Genelec maybe more precise, but unless you are tunning a studio or concert hall, or have the ability to tune speakers like a GENELEC, and or getting deep into proper acoustical treatments, i.e., RPG diffusion & absorption tools, it is moot. (Just like using a B&K or Soundworks mic or a behringer). Glad to hear it works fine
post #43 of 119 Old 03-28-13, 08:23 PM
Shackster

My System

Behringer UCA 222
Radio Shack digital SPl meter 33 2055
Win XP, HP laptop
Working well, up to about 1KHz.

Theater -- Revel F52 and C32, B&W LM1, Lexicon MC1, McIntosh MC7106, Pioneer BD, Popcorn Hour, Direct TV, Panasonic Plasma

Two Channel -- Infinity Betas, RSIIa, McIntosh C2300, MC452, MC352, Shanling T-100MKIII, Sonos ZP90, Marantz SA8004, TT42

post #44 of 119 Old 04-21-13, 04:15 PM
Shackster

Steve

My System

Just getting in to the measurement thing with REW. I have the BFD and a Dayton EMM6 mic, also have a Behringer uca202. have a Nady SMPS-1x phantom power supply. Okay guys what else do I need to get this project going? Waiting on Cables for the BFD. Do I get rid of the Nady and get the Tascam? What Mic cables do I need? From reading the connection site I guess I need the Tascam or the M-Audio is this correct? Guess I need help!
post #45 of 119 Old 04-21-13, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster
John

Quote:
labman1 wrote: View Post
Just getting in to the measurement thing with REW. I have the BFD and a Dayton EMM6 mic, also have a Behringer uca202. have a Nady SMPS-1x phantom power supply. Okay guys what else do I need to get this project going? Waiting on Cables for the BFD. Do I get rid of the Nady and get the Tascam? What Mic cables do I need? From reading the connection site I guess I need the Tascam or the M-Audio is this correct? Guess I need help!
1. You should start a thread; this thread is meant to provide a list of working configurations.
2. In your thread you should include more information on what you are trying to achieve overall. For example if all you want to do is run REW, then having a BFD is irrelevant. It'll probably be one step at a time anyway--get REW running, make sure you understand it a bit, and only then work on running the BFD or whatever else you want to do. You may find that having REW opens a whole new world of acoustic exploration.
3. The Tascam (or MobilePre etc) is really just a mic preamp, phantom power supply, and USB sound card in one convenient package. You have everything except a mic pre (which would also convert the balanced mic to the unbalanced signal for the uca202). In that thread you should note what equipment you are committed to using, what you can return for refund, etc. If you can return the Behringer and Nady and just get the Tascam you'd be set. You could also get a small mixer with a mic input to go between the mid and the uca202, and if the mixer had phantom power you could get rid of the SMPS. Basically there are many ways to skin this cat; some ways just put more of the "stuff" into one box which not only tends to have better portability but is typically better for n00b-proofness. Getting REW running can be confusing enough--it's usually better to not have to deal with too many extra boxes, knobs, cables, etc.
post #46 of 119 Old 04-21-13, 08:41 PM
Shackster

Steve

My System
Thumbs up Re: REW Sound Card Database

Thank you for the help! I originally going to use the RS spl meter to just do the sub. After more reading on this site thought I would get more detailed. I can return the Behringer and the Nady so the Tascam looks like the way to go. Once again thank you for your reply and help!
post #47 of 119 Old 05-04-13, 03:02 AM
Shackster
bomholt

Has anyone tried Steinberg interfaces with REW?
I'm considering buying Steinberg UR22 USB interface, but saw someone mention at amazom that the Asio driver didn't work with ARTA.
post #48 of 119 Old 05-04-13, 04:57 AM
REW Author

John

Quote:
omholt wrote: View Post
Has anyone tried Steinberg interfaces with REW?
Post #8 mentions the UR824 and the MR816x, the CI1 has also been used. Make sure you use the latest REW V5.01 beta, there was a fix a couple of versions ago to address an ASIO interface bug that affected some Steinberg cards.
post #49 of 119 Old 08-25-13, 08:09 PM

Hello, although I am new to this project, for measurements I set the following setup:

Mic: Behringer ECM8000 (Uncalibrated)
Mixer: Behringer XENYX QX2442 USB
Soundcard: Asus Xonar Essence STX PCIe

Has worked well, I hope it is useful
post #50 of 119 Old 09-03-13, 02:04 AM
Shackster

Quote:
cicastol wrote: View Post
REW is working great with my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and supplied ASIO driver!
Hello cicastol, I am not able to get my Scarlett 6i6 to work. The soundcard calibration shows ugly values and then there is an warning/error in REW.

What I am doing wrong? I connect an TSR cable to Mon1 and the XLR end to Mic1, use ASIO in REW and selectes the right INPUT/OUTPUT in REW.

Are my scarlett mixer settings wrong? Could you please post a screenshot of your settings ?

somm