Inuke 3000 - Is it faulty or user error - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 22 Old 03-03-15, 03:55 PM
Senior Shackster

morca

Re: Inuke 3000 - Is it faulty or user error

If one volume work,s the B channel input is not used.
In bridge mode you connect A,use volume A and both leds will work so the B channel is on in that case.

Simulation is no substitute for thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 22 Old 03-03-15, 04:27 PM
Senior Shackster

mine works the same way in bridge mode but in the OP's case what concerns me he had the amp bridged using a 4ohm driver now the amp is seeing 2 ohms bridged and from what I understand it cannot do that. Stereo yes but not bridged.
post #13 of 22 Old 03-04-15, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Yes originally it was bridged and working ok. The output dropped off though and that is why I am testing both channels.
I have tried the original Pioneer Receiver and even though channel A seems to have more output (possible because the eq is still on the anthem and there is non on the Pioneer) when I switch to channel B there is no output. I tried testing it hooked up to a speaker too and again no output.
Unless wiring to 2+ and 2- set to stereo full range is incorrect then it would seem I have a blown channel. Whether it is economical to fix I will see.
Why its blown I don't know. Maybe the eq used on the anthem put some extra strain on it or maybe it had gone before that and I just didn't notice.
The driver is 4 ohm and doesn't have an extra coil so why do you think it is presenting as 2 ohm? I am just muddling through with little techie knowledge so any help is appreciated. I did check it with a multimeter when I was deciding which amp to use and it registered about 3.8ohm if i remember correctly. That's why I thought an inuke would be ok in bridged mode. I'll check the driver again when i find the meter.

post #14 of 22 Old 03-04-15, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

I have now googled bridging effect on resistance, probably should have paid more attention a year ago.
post #15 of 22 Old 03-04-15, 01:55 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Quote:
jobby01 wrote: View Post
Unless wiring to 2+ and 2- set to stereo full range is incorrect...
Yes, that is incorrect. It should be 1+ and 1-. 2+ and 2- is only if you used with a single four-conductor cable plugged into Channel A output. In that instance, Channel A would be on pair 1and Channel B on pair 2. This scheme would require the same wiring on the speaker cabinet in order to work (e.g. pair 1 to driver A, pair 2 to driver B).

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #16 of 22 Old 03-04-15, 02:31 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
I have now googled bridging effect on resistance, probably should have paid more attention a year ago.
I will agree with you I personally feel the owners manual is lacking in some important information. What probably happened by running it like you did over time you cooked the one channel, if you decide to get another check around I bought my 3000DSP from Same Day Music for 250 you could probably get the 3000 for under 200. Sometimes it does not hurt to call and find out if they can do a better deal. Sorry to hear that one channel is gone.
post #17 of 22 Old 03-05-15, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

Thanks for the help guys.
Yes I did try 1+ and 1- too but no luck. I basically tried all the combination that are listed on the back and it says channel b 2+ 2- and then under it then says b 1+ 1- (which isn't confusing at all!)
Yes I suspect I was unwittingly creating 2 ohm resistance for the bridge inuke which its not designed for. I suspect the eq of the anthem just pushed it that bit harder at my normally listening levels to do proper damage.
There is a local repair centre I'll drop it in for a free quote to fix. They say they fix a lot these. Whether it is economical or not I'll see but even if its fixed the inuke using one channel isn't really cutting it with the sunfire.
I did speak to a sunfire engineer who told me that the original amp pushes a genuine 1000 watts continues out which I wasn't too sure about but the difference between that driving the amp and the inuke on one channel is huge.
I did read somewhere that real world power of the inuke is actually more like 620 into 4 ohms rather than the current published number.
I was thinking of doing a diy sub build when the sunfire first broke but was too busy. Maybe now's the time!!
Again, thanks for the helps.
post #18 of 22 Old 03-05-15, 05:44 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the help guys.
Yes I did try 1+ and 1- too but no luck. I basically tried all the combination that are listed on the back and it says channel b 2+ 2- and then under it then says b 1+ 1- (which isn't confusing at all!)
Yup, this kind of confusion is not unusual when we hijack pro audio gear for home applications. It’s not confusing to folks with pro audio experience, though.

For instance, lots of pro audio speakers have the capability for active bi-amping, bypassing their internal passive crossovers. Normally this would require two speaker cables from two different amplifiers. However with an amp like the iNuke, which has the capability for independent EQ and crossover filters for both channels, the user could bi-amp using a single four-conductor speaker cable, plugged in to the iNuke’s “B” Speakon jack. Make sense?

Quote:
There is a local repair centre I'll drop it in for a free quote to fix. They say they fix a lot these
Well that's a red flag if I ever saw one.

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #19 of 22 Old 03-05-15, 07:48 PM
Senior Shackster
muzz

Question Re: Inuke 3000 - Is it faulty or user error

Quote:
Wayne A. Pflughaupt wrote: View Post
Yes, that is incorrect. It should be 1+ and 1-. 2+ and 2- is only if you used with a single four-conductor cable plugged into Channel A output. In that instance, Channel A would be on pair 1and Channel B on pair 2. This scheme would require the same wiring on the speaker cabinet in order to work (e.g. pair 1 to driver A, pair 2 to driver B).

Regards,
Wayne
The diagram on the back of the iNuke3000 shows channel A as 1+ and 1-, Channel B shows 2+ and 2-, with Bridge as 1+ and 2+.

Underneath all that separately is Channel B 1+ and 1-

I'm gonna run it in stereo(through a Y cable from the AVR> XLR adapters), should BOTH cables be wired as 1+ and 1- for stereo mode?

This shouldn't be difficult, the manual is rubbish.

Thanks

Buying more cheap stuff to get better sound is like challenging a dragon with a pocket knife.
post #20 of 22 Old 03-05-15, 08:07 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Quote:
muzz wrote: View Post
The diagram on the back of the iNuke3000 shows channel A as 1+ and 1-, Channel B shows 2+ and 2-, with Bridge as 1+ and 2+.
Notice that the diagram is right next to the Channel A jack. So, it’s telling you the three available wiring options for the Channel A jack: Terminals 1+ and 1- for normal use, all four terminals to get Channels A and B on a single four-conductor cable, and Pins 1+ and 2+ for bridging. Make sense?

I’ll certainly agree that it’s confusing for the pro-audio novice the way it’s presented, which frankly is inexcusable, IMO. I get the indication from your confusion that the manual doesn’t clarify anything either, which is doubly ridiculous. As you say, this shouldn't be that difficult - anyone should be able to look at the diagram and figure out what it means. I mean, all they had to do was put the separate Channel B diagram up next the the Channel B jack and it would have all made sense. Simple as that. As you can tell I haven’t studied the whole manual, but I did catch that their idea of “dual mono” is not in keeping with long-held industry standards either.

Quote:
I'm gonna run it in stereo(through a Y cable from the AVR> XLR adapters), should BOTH cables be wired as 1+ and 1- for stereo mode?
Yes.

Regards,
Wayne

|