inuke 1000dsp on/off solution??? - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 7 Old 04-23-15, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

inuke 1000dsp on/off solution???

Hi everybody. I'm looking for solution to automatically power on / off inuke 1000dsp amp with the receiver?
Really appreciate any suggestions. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-23-15, 07:25 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: inuke 1000dsp on/off solution???

You’ll need a power director that turns on the outlets with a 12-volt trigger. Panamax and Monster make some (the former will probably be much cheaper).

Alternately, if your receiver has a switched convenience outlet on the back, you can get a vintage Adcom ACE-515 on ebay, typically for under $75. Cool thing about it is will delay on and off for the amp, which can avoid a "pop" in the sub when powering up the system.

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #3 of 7 Old 04-23-15, 07:35 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Papi

Here is a close up view of the slave/master power strip. Master would be to the right out of picture. When you use your AVR you just plug into Master. Then all the slave switched will power on when the AVR is turned on. When the AVR is turned off the AVR will go to standby like normal and the salve points will turn off the power completely.

That is one option or you can build a relay box yourself. For just powering on one amp I would use the power strip. Thats how I am turning on my subwoofer amp. But my amp can turn off power or turn on power silently. Not sure the Berry does that or not.

"Music is the space between the notes"
[T]o talk well and eloquently is a very great art, but that an equally great one is to know the right moment to stop.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-24-15, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Thank you guys for quick respond. Definitely like power strip idea. Never saw something like that. I'm really glad I found this website. You guys are the best. Thank you so much.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-24-15, 01:15 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Just make sure whatever you go with has enough current (amperage) capacity to handle the amplifier. If it doesn’t have at least a heavy-duty power cord it’s probably suspect.

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #6 of 7 Old 04-30-15, 08:54 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

I am wondering if there would not be a better way to auto power on/off by tying into the actual power switch on the Inuke. So that rather than power being connected or disconnected at the outlet, that it would actually get switched on and off at the same location as the physical on/off switch. Maybe this would be better than what is effectively plugging and unplugging the unit while power up? I would think that it would eliminate the power thump.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-30-15, 02:56 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

If the iNuke is like most devices with a hard power switch, the hot lead from the power cable goes first to a fuse, and from there directly to the power switch. I.e., the power switch switches only the hot lead, not the common and ground. Any power management device (e.g. from Adcom, Panamax or Monster etc.) does the same thing, switching only the hot leg. So they aren’t “effectively plugging and unplugging the unit.” Thus, most likely tapping directly into the iNukes power switch won’t make a difference.

Now, if your personal experience shows that the iNuke does not have a thump when manually turning it off and on, then it might be a worthwhile endeavor...

Regards,
Wayne

|