Behringer iNuke NU1000 Amp Amplifier Fan Swap How To w/ PICS - Page 10 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #91 of 138 Old 03-21-13, 04:14 PM
Senior Shackster

Gerald

Re: Behringer iNuke NU1000 Amp Amplifier Fan Swap How To w/ PICS

ok thnx.. How about the heatsinks will I need them if I take the shroud off now without using the heatsinks temporarily??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 138 Old 03-21-13, 04:19 PM
Senior Shackster
fschris

My System

Quote:
The_Nephilim wrote: View Post
ok thnx.. How about the heatsinks will I need them if I take the shroud off now without using the heatsinks temporarily??
i think you would be okay but i cant be sure....i doubt you will have issues if you are just using in HT setup...
post #93 of 138 Old 03-21-13, 06:39 PM
Shackster

Hi! As I received email, I felt honored to reply

I am the "no fan" person. For my NU3000, I have never tried leaving the shroud on. I say "no". As for the protector (fan grille?) I left mine off, but probably would not impede airflow to leave it in. Are heatsinks necessary? Again, probably no, but they can't hurt as far as I know. My guess: if you are using a quiet fan, you probably want to keep the shroud.

FWIW, I have been experimenting with a NU6000. This is a quite different board. Heatsinks are under the board, as I was told, and you can't use stick-on GPU heatsinks. Easier to "no fan" mod: you just remove cover and unplug the plug to the two fans. Curious: the amp will "thermal" even with lid off, if it is set flat on a shelf ("normal"). I get adequate cooling by having the amp on floor, on its left side (still cover off). Not yet tried: putting the cover on.

"There's no fan like no fan!"

post #94 of 138 Old 03-22-13, 06:55 AM
Senior Shackster

Gerald

Quote:
fschris wrote: View Post
with a noctua fan it is silent or near silent even when its getting hammered.its in my HT as well.
Well I took the shroud off and the rear cover it made it a little bit quieter but I am still using the stock fan.. I will have to wait till payday to get the noctua..

But I am still pondering a NO Fan Mod.. I figure once I get the heatsinks I should be able to run without a fan??
post #95 of 138 Old 03-22-13, 07:28 AM
Shackster

Nephilim, you do know that if you mod it to fanless it will greatly decrease the maximum amount of power the amp can deliver. I don't have lab specs, but my NU3000 fanless could drive two pair of Bose 901 II very loud, but would sometimes thermal shutdown with bass heavy music.
post #96 of 138 Old 03-22-13, 07:48 PM
Senior Shackster

Gerald

OK Looks to be like keeping the fan but I am going to replace it with the Noctua one and some heatsinks I bought. I do NOT want to suffer from thermal shutdown..

I did take out the shroud and the rear cover which helped a little but not a whole lot..
post #97 of 138 Old 03-23-13, 10:13 AM
Senior Shackster

this is the fan i use in mine and it can not be heard.
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...odid=FG-002-XI
also the artic f8 fan is worth looking at as its about the same dbs 15 but it has better air flow.
post #98 of 138 Old 03-23-13, 07:08 PM
Senior Shackster

Gerald

Quote:
StanDingwave wrote: View Post
Nephilim, you do know that if you mod it to fanless it will greatly decrease the maximum amount of power the amp can deliver. I don't have lab specs, but my NU3000 fanless could drive two pair of Bose 901 II very loud, but would sometimes thermal shutdown with bass heavy music.

Even if I put Heatsinks on those mosfets?? that should keep them plenty cool but that fan in the above post should do if I can't go Fanless..

Last edited by The_Nephilim; 03-24-13 at 09:38 PM.
post #99 of 138 Old 03-26-13, 01:02 AM
Senior Shackster

Gerald

Well I installed the Heatsinks today and disconnected the fan.. I don't think that is a good Idea.. altho I did NOt have a thermal shutdown it did get pretty hot.. I guess if I had driven it hard with some more heavy bass music it just might have shutdown.

I plugged the fan back in and even thos it is noisey, it kept the case cooler then with the fan off..not sure I want to risk killing my amp so soon.. hehe!!

I will get the Noctua fan when soon I just have to transfer some paypal cash to my bank..

EDIT: I just ordered the Noctua Fan., I can NOT wait till I can't hear it HeHe..

Last edited by The_Nephilim; 03-26-13 at 07:21 AM.
post #100 of 138 Old 04-02-13, 07:19 AM
Senior Shackster

Gerald

Well I installed the Noctua Fan in yesterday it is soe much more quiet.. I was going to check the db level but forgot. I think this mod will do..

I also want to point out you need to use the old plug on the old fan as the Noctuas plug is too bit and fits real loosly..I would reccoemnd just snipping off the old plug and putting it in the noctua fan.. but make sure the fan works before snipping the plug..