Yung SD500-6 500W Class D vs Behringer NU1000DSP iNuke - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 15 Old 09-16-13, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post

Most consumer receivers don't put out enough voltage to drive pro amps to full power. The unbalanced only puts out .9 volts. The nukes require more. You could get a low sensitivity amp like the peavey ipr2 3000 but it would cost more. The IPR 1600 would work too
Great

Thanks for the explanation

I think i will go for the balanced one. I did some research and i could not find a better option ib terms of price/specs

I don't know why the Behringer with DSP can't be adjusted below 20 hz. If it were possible takes would be perfect
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 Old 09-16-13, 07:09 PM
HTS Moderator
Reviewer

My System
Quote:
alfa-74 wrote: View Post

Great

Thanks for the explanation

I think i will go for the balanced one. I did some research and i could not find a better option ib terms of price/specs

I don't know why the Behringer with DSP can't be adjusted below 20 hz. If it were possible takes would be perfect
Yeah the mini DSP is a nice device. The reason a lot of pro amp dsp's don't go below 20 hz because in a pro environment most sub's or speakers don't drop below 30 hz or so. Even some non DSP pro amps have a 20 hz hpf built in. Us home theater nuts have to use devices like the mini DSP and pro amps without a high hpf to get sub sonic LFE
post #13 of 15 Old 09-16-13, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Mike Edwards wrote: View Post

Yeah the mini DSP is a nice device. The reason a lot of pro amp dsp's don't go below 20 hz because in a pro environment most sub's or speakers don't drop below 30 hz or so. Even some non DSP pro amps have a 20 hz hpf built in. Us home theater nuts have to use devices like the mini DSP and pro amps without a high hpf to get sub sonic LFE
Thanks, you've been very helpful!

post #14 of 15 Old 09-17-13, 04:16 PM
Shackster

Re: Yung SD500-6 500W Class D vs Behringer NU1000DSP iNuke

Purely from an input sensitivity stand point the inuke DSP isn't as picky as the non dsp version if you havn't got enough output voltage earlier in the signal chain.
Seeing as the dsp version has a dsp between the input and amplifier stage you can just add a litte boost or gain to the weak input signal and have enough voltage after the dsp to fully drive the amp.

But seeing as you need HPF lower than the dsp can offer you would be better off with another dsp unit that can perform the HPF you need.
But if you choose the non-dsp inuke you will have to ensure you have enough voltage to drive the input stage of the inuke fully.
post #15 of 15 Old 09-17-13, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Henke wrote: View Post
Purely from an input sensitivity stand point the inuke DSP isn't as picky as the non dsp version if you havn't got enough output voltage earlier in the signal chain.
Seeing as the dsp version has a dsp between the input and amplifier stage you can just add a litte boost or gain to the weak input signal and have enough voltage after the dsp to fully drive the amp.

But seeing as you need HPF lower than the dsp can offer you would be better off with another dsp unit that can perform the HPF you need.
But if you choose the non-dsp inuke you will have to ensure you have enough voltage to drive the input stage of the inuke fully.
Thanks Henke

I will go with iNuke without DSP and also i will get the mini dsp as per other recommendation