iNuke 3000 DSP fan mod question - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 3 Old 04-25-14, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Ender

My System
iNuke 3000 DSP fan mod question

So I am about 99% dialed into a "MartyCube" build using a Dayton 460HO 18" driver with a iNuke 3000 DSP. The iNuke will be bridged and set to give a max of 1100 watts to the Dayton.

Here is my question.

I see some differing info on what the stock fan's voltage is on the iNuke. I plan to replace it with a Noctua NF-R8-1800 which is MUCH quieter.

However have read that the stock fan is 17v rather than the 12v the Noctua is. If so I believe I need to add a resistor between them so as to lower the voltage to the Noctua to the 12v it is looking for.

Is this right?

Also I plan to install these heatsinks on the existing ones to help the amp dissipate heat better.

In addition I plan to add dynamat to the fan shroud (and possibly make the front part less constrictive) as well as the chassis of the amp. I believe that should further reduce the noise the amp makes to almost non existent.

Does anyone see ANY problems with this scenario?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-26-14, 04:02 PM
Shackster

Re: iNuke 3000 DSP fan mod question

I have an inuke 3000 dsp also.
It sits about 9 feet from my listening position.
It was very loud stock. I replaced the fan with a $5 Dynex fan from best buy Model: DX-FAN101. 26 dba and 31 cfm. Can't hear it now at all unless I put ear within a foot of it.

I used heatsink about your size also. Still use unmodified stock shroud and no other modifications.

Amp works great with no heating issues.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-30-14, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Ender

My System
Re: iNuke 3000 DSP fan mod question

Decided to go another route. Going with a Dayton SA1000. Works for me as my sub (now purchased) is a Stereo Integrity D2. @ 4 ohms its only rated for 600 wpc and the Dayton (on paper) has lots more power than it needs.

So I should be fine and this way no mods needed. Just have to purchase a MiniDSP for the EQ aspect.