Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofer Amps | High Pass Filters (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-amps-high-pass-filters/)
-   -   what suggestion to set HPF (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-amps-high-pass-filters/119066-what-suggestion-set-hpf.html)

apilon 04-10-15 06:29 PM

what suggestion to set HPF

Good evening

I am almost done with buiding a micro marty and i need to tune the port to 23 Hz ..........I will be using a Behringer EP4000 to drive that sub so my question is what do you recommend to set the HPF to 23 Hz ??

Thanks

Alain

nova 04-11-15 12:29 PM

Re: what suggestion to set HPF

I'm no expert but I thought you'd set it 1/2 octave below your tuned frequency, so 17 Hz?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the subject than me will be able to provide you with a better answer.

apilon 04-11-15 02:59 PM

Quote:

nova wrote: (Post 1171626)
I'm no expert but I thought you'd set it 1/2 octave below your tuned frequency, so 17 Hz?

I'm sure someone with more knowledge on the subject than me will be able to provide you with a better answer.

Hi Mark

Thanks for the answer, what i am looking for is mot in term of what additional equipment do i need to get to setup the HPF

muzz 04-11-15 06:33 PM

MiniDsp is what most folks use when they don't have onboard DSP.

I assume that when you modeled your sub that you know where to set the HPF, I'm not sure what you mean by "Tune the port" though.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt 04-11-15 10:03 PM

Quote:

apilon wrote: (Post 1171786)
Hi Mark

Thanks for the answer, what i am looking for is mot in term of what additional equipment do i need to get to setup the HPF

Are you looking for a DIY solution or something off-the-shelf?

Regards,
Wayne

apilon 04-12-15 12:36 AM

Quote:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt wrote: (Post 1172153)
Are you looking for a DIY solution or something off-the-shelf?

Regards,
Wayne

Off the shelf unless the DIY solution is easy to implement

apilon 04-12-15 12:41 AM

Quote:

muzz wrote: (Post 1172026)
MiniDsp is what most folks use when they don't have onboard DSP.

I assume that when you modeled your sub that you know where to set the HPF, I'm not sure what you mean by "Tune the port" though.

Hi

I need to set it at 23hz since it will be vented

mikmaz 04-12-15 04:49 AM

I use a balanced minidsp 2x4. I use it to set hpf for my ported ultimax 18. I can set it at anywhere from 10hz and up at whatever slope you want. You can experiment with it get it where you want
Excellent product

Wayne A. Pflughaupt 04-12-15 08:35 PM

Another option is the Yamaha YDP2006 digital parametric equalizer. It has 24 dB/octave HP and LP filters. Not as flexible as the miniDSP, but easier to operate and connect. And it looks good in an equipment rack. :D

Regards,
Wayne

apilon 04-13-15 09:28 PM

Quote:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt wrote: (Post 1173138)
Another option is the Yamaha YDP2006 digital parametric equalizer. It has 24 dB/octave HP and LP filters. Not as flexible as the miniDSP, but easier to operate and connect. And it looks good in an equipment rack. :D

Regards,
Wayne

Hi Wayne

I have been on the lookout for this one for over a year without succes it seem to be rare to find at a reasonnable price