Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofer Amps | High Pass Filters (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-amps-high-pass-filters/)
-   -   Behringer EP4000 - Pics - Fan Mod - ETC (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-amps-high-pass-filters/23528-behringer-ep4000-pics-fan-mod-etc.html)

cavchameleon 12-28-10 01:57 AM

Re: Behringer EP4000 - Pics - Fan Mod - ETC

The listed one, P9739-ND, is 21db for 24CFM and has the best price (this is pretty quiet). If you are willing to pay more, you can use 381-2502-ND, which is what I did, but it cost's a bit more than twice the other one. I chose it because it only has 12db, but only 19CFM, so reduced air flow -at a considerable drop in noise level. My amp has not gone beyond slightly warm yet with this fan at reference levels, so works fine for my use.

velillen 12-28-10 07:50 AM

I just installed the P9739-ND. Wow what a difference. I could hear the stock fan at quieter portions of movies with the system turned up. But with th new fan dont hear it at all. Didnt get hot at all either driving my tempest-x @ 1000W.

Super easy to switch fans too i was amazed!

jtwrace 12-28-10 08:30 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I wound up purchasing the Samson SX 2800 for the needed extra power.

It uses the same size fans 80mm x 25mm. I've attached the pics below. Do the Digikey fans 381-2502-ND come with the connector or do I need to splice? I'd rather not splice so I can keep the warranty intact just in case.

Also, the Samson is a dual speed. Does this cause an issue at all?

velillen 12-28-10 08:43 AM

Quote:

jtwrace wrote: (Post 332472)
I wound up purchasing the Samson SX 2800 for the needed extra power.

It uses the same size fans 80mm x 25mm. I've attached the pics below. Do the Digikey fans 381-2502-ND come with the connector or do I need to splice? I'd rather not splice so I can keep the warranty intact just in case.

Also, the Samson is a dual speed. Does this cause an issue at all?

The digi key have wire termination. So yes splicing is required. You can buy a cheap pc fan that has that connection and take it off there so you still have the stock fan.
The dual speed shouldnt matter.

jtwrace 12-28-10 09:37 AM

Thanks!

I've just ordered the two fans. Off to the computer store to get some connectors.

Theresa 03-17-11 09:20 AM

While trying to remove the fan's attachment to the circuit board the whole connector came off of the board, it was glued on. Fortunately there were still two pins sticking up and I soldered the fan directly to them. This wasn't easy as I have a pretty severe tremor but it works.

funky_waves 03-17-11 09:45 AM

Quote:

Theresa wrote: (Post 424754)
While trying to remove the fan's attachment to the circuit board the whole connector came off of the board, it was glued on. Fortunately there were still two pins sticking up and I soldered the fan directly to them. This wasn't easy as I have a pretty severe tremor but it works.

Thats how that connector unplugs one side is just pins sticking out of the board, so dont worry about it, you didnt break it.

Theresa 03-17-11 10:28 AM

but your right. I hope that if I need to send it back that the solder doesn't interfeer with the connection. I certainly don't want to ever send it back. I can't believe they use such a fan. It makes more noise than a video card thats maxed out.

Fenny 03-29-11 10:25 PM

we are professional manufacturer of cooling fans(brushless dc fan, axial ac fan and dc blower) in China, if you have any problems on cooling fan, maybe I can help you.

LivingLoud12 04-04-11 12:18 AM

hey, how good are these ep-4000 cause i have 2 ep-2500 and i love them...im powering 8-12 with 1 and the other is powering 2-18.....they give me no problems and have never gotten hot...i just whant to get me a pair of ep4000..thanks