TC Sounds LMS-5400 18" sealed 75L vs. 200L *special test* - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 23 Old 07-29-08, 03:13 PM
Noah

Re: TC Sounds LMS-5400 18" sealed 75L vs. 200L *special test*

"It depends on shipping company and how fast you want to get it here. But it's definitely in the range of $300-$500 (one way) because only air freight is currently available in between USA and Finland (don't ask me why)."

That's crazy!

For $525 I shipped a 350-lb crate, 8 ft x 5 ft x 6'' from California to Norway; trucked to east coast, then by ship.

I used www.freightquote.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 07-31-08, 09:18 PM
Elite Shackster

Josh

I'm still in HK at the moment, so I really haven't had a chance to look into things. I don't know if I'm planning to send a XXX to Illka. I'd love to see it tested but a 2 way trip is a LOT of dough. Maybe I'll get a few quotes and think about it. XXX #3 is on the way to my residence now. I don't have a tree it's just that no one else buys them, or has any experience with them, except me apparently. After experiencing what 1 can do, I decided I like them. I'm going for 1 more, so I can have 4 total and besides there's no more LMS's. I've picked up the first three for roughly the MSRP of 1 and that's with shipping included..
post #23 of 23 Old 08-11-08, 11:47 AM
Elite Shackster

Josh

I looked at some quotes for shipping a XXX to Illka and I just can't do it. . DHL came back over $1000 one way! UPS was like $600. I'd definitely want the driver back. I was hoping maybe $250 -350 one way. RE Audio does have some European dealers. There's 1 each in Sweden, Norway, Germany and England. It's probably be cheaper to have Illka buy one there and test it, then send it back to me. Unfortunately who knows what they will charge for one, or even if they carry them.