Ilkka goes Genelec - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 28 Old 12-17-08, 12:41 AM
Senior Shackster

steve

Re: Ilkka goes Genelec

I'm glad for you Ilkka, although I'm sad to see you go. You deserve it, all your hard work is paying off. It has been a great pleasure viewing your work along with it being so informative. Knowing you has been a treat, aside from that, a real asset! I can only hope your attitude of giving over the years is directed back your way. Thinking back, we also had some fun Congrats my friend..

br Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 28 Old 12-17-08, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ilkka

Quote:
rick57 wrote: View Post
Hi Ilkka

Do a number of Genelec speakers use PHL drivers; is it possible to make any sort of general (unbiased) statement about the quality of PHL drivers, vs their competitors JBL/ B&C/ etc ? (PM if you prefer)

Thank you
Hi,

You are being correct, we use PHL woofers in our larger main monitors. Though I can't really answer to your second question, other than by saying that the PHL woofers are extremely high quality, though expensive. There's certainly a reason why we are using them.
post #23 of 28 Old 12-17-08, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

Ilkka

Quote:
steve nn wrote: View Post
I'm glad for you Ilkka, although I'm sad to see you go. You deserve it, all your hard work is paying off. It has been a great pleasure viewing your work along with it being so informative. Knowing you has been a treat, aside from that, a real asset! I can only hope your attitude of giving over the years is directed back your way. Thinking back, we also had some fun Congrats my friend..

br Steve
Hi Steve!

So nice that you dropped by. And thank you, my friend! It has certainly been a treat to get to know you too, but please don't sound like this is the end (of anything), because it isn't. Well of course things are going to change a bit, but in general I'm not going anywhere.

I will reply to that PM of yours in a minute.

And you are spot on about that fun part. Oh the days...

post #24 of 28 Old 12-17-08, 04:03 PM
Senior Shackster

steve

Quote:
Well of course things are going to change a bit, but in general I'm not going anywhere.
Oh, somehow I sort of figured you were out of here under some sort of time frame. I'll let you fill me in then. I am glad things are changing, but not so much of a change that your going to be gone.

Last edited by steve nn; 12-17-08 at 09:18 PM.
post #25 of 28 Old 12-17-08, 07:33 PM
Shackster
Rick

Illka,

A wise answer

Cheers & Season’s Greetings from Down Under
post #26 of 28 Old 12-28-08, 11:39 AM
jhughes
Inactive

A belated congratulations from a long time lurker on these forums. Along with ATC, Genelec is one of the speaker manufacturers that I respect the most. Basically, any speaker manufacturer that recommends soffit mounting large full range speakers into a wall has physics on their side. Those that ignore this simple acoustical fact are simply controlled more by their marketing departments than their R&D engineers.

Your announcement means I can continue to expect excellent products from Genelec. Good Luck!

Last edited by jhughes; 12-28-08 at 11:42 AM. Reason: typo
post #27 of 28 Old 12-30-08, 11:49 PM
Sam

Not meaning to be rude Ilkka but when will we see more tests? Im really interested to see tests on the Mach 5 IXl 18? I understand first attemp didnt work out but any news on the recone or prehaps a new speaker? Regardless as i have all ready said i wish you all the best for the future and hopefully everything works out well at Genelec... Were all waiting for the first heads up on new genelec products
post #28 of 28 Old 12-31-08, 08:40 AM
myn
Senior Shackster
myn

Quote:
a1161979 wrote: View Post
Not meaning to be rude Ilkka but when will we see more tests? Im really interested to see tests on the Mach 5 IXl 18? I understand first attemp didnt work out but any news on the recone or prehaps a new speaker? Regardless as i have all ready said i wish you all the best for the future and hopefully everything works out well at Genelec... Were all waiting for the first heads up on new genelec products
X2