Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofer Tests - Archived (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/)
-   -   Which subwoofers would you like to see being tested? (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/2435-subwoofers-would-you-like-see-being-tested.html)

Ilkka 11-13-06 03:57 AM

Which subwoofers would you like to see being tested?

Which subwoofers would you like to see tested?

I'd be interested in your thoughts and requests regarding which subwoofers you'd like to see tested.

Please post your ideas and requests right here on this thread.

Though do notice that most of the subwoofers come from the end-users, so we're mainly limited to what people have. Some manufacturers may be willing to lend their subwoofers but that is more of an exception than a rule.

Ilkka 11-13-06 04:02 AM

Ryhtmik Audio

Originally posted by aceinc

Has anyone done any testing on the Direct Servo Sub(s) from Rythmik Audio...

I am about to build a 3 cubic foot sub for HT/Music, and I have been impressed with their concept for some time, but I haven't found much in the way of independent testing data on their subs. If you know where I can find objective data, I would be appreciative.

Paul

Ilkka 11-13-06 04:03 AM

Re: Which subwoofers would you like to see tested?

Originally posted by Exocer

This is a very old review, but its a review.
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...er-4-2004.html

The current kits are capable of more output.

Ilkka 11-13-06 04:18 AM

Re: Ryhtmik Audio

Quote:

Ilkka wrote: (Post 16989)
Originally posted by aceinc

Has anyone done any testing on the Direct Servo Sub(s) from Rythmik Audio...

I am about to build a 3 cubic foot sub for HT/Music, and I have been impressed with their concept for some time, but I haven't found much in the way of independent testing data on their subs. If you know where I can find objective data, I would be appreciative.

Paul

Hi,

I haven't seen any GP tests done on Rythmik Audio products. I know a guy who has their direct servo sub here in Finland, but sadly he hasn't offered it for a testing (he lives quite far away from me though). I'll of course promise to measure one as soon as it's possible.

Eddie Horton 11-13-06 11:46 AM

I'd like to see the HSU VTF-3HO and Mark Seaton's upcoming SubMersive.

adogand6kids 11-13-06 01:05 PM

I would love to see you test the Rhythmic and also any of the servo-controlled subs on the market. Would also like to see a few more tests on sealed enclosure subs.

Geoff Gunnell 11-13-06 04:27 PM

Well, adding to the VTF-3 HO and SubMersive that Eddie mentioned, hopefully in the next 60 days we'll have the AV123 BMF and MFW-15 and the Seaton modded UFW-12, and the new Ultra driver from SVS.

SteveCallas 11-13-06 04:55 PM

I'd like to see the SVS 16-49 Plus in all three tuning varieties, sealed, and also in 12hz tune with the highpass bypassed if possible.

I'd like to see the SVS PB10 both ported and sealed.

I'd like to see a PR sub with relatively low tuning (any model will do).

I'd like to see a small DIY sealed sub using a quality 15" driver that is EQ'd flat.

If you could do any of those, that would be awesome, and I would appreciate it very much. I believe you already have tested a 16-49 Plus and a pb10 both ported and sealed, but I can't find it anywhere.

Vader 11-13-06 05:22 PM

I would like to see tests for the SVS 20-39 PC+ (12.3 driver) in all three tunes. I currently run duals, and the closest I have been able to find are your results for the PB12-Plus/2 20 Hz (Plus 12.3) - AFAIK, that is basically the same thing (am I correct on this??). I would really like to see the differences that would result between the box design vs the cylinder. Also, I have heard that the tuning point of the 20-39 is actually closer to 23 Hz, and that the THD is better in the lower tunes (16, 12 Hz).

F1 fan 11-13-06 06:24 PM

BAG END Infra 12

PMC TLE 1

SVS SB12