Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofer Tests - Archived (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/)
-   -   LMS-5400 buy-in (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/4652-lms-5400-buy.html)

ISLAND1000 05-11-07 03:24 PM

Re: LMS-5400 buy-in... Ilkka test Thread!

I'll donate an additional $50.00 I need to see this tested by knowledgable DIYers. Who will build the box/es?
1) sealed
1) vented
I recently ordered one and I am on the back ordered list. I intend to use a 6 cu ft sealed box with ELF and approx. 2000 watts for home theater. I'm looking for useable response down to 15Hz @ 100db

Ilkka 05-11-07 03:24 PM

Steve,

I think you should make a list of people who have promised to donate? That way we can see how much we have.

steve nn 05-11-07 03:53 PM

Quote:

I think you should make a list of people who have promised to donate? That way we can see how much we have.
Yes good idea, it's my intention to do so this afternoon. As of now we're looking at $350 so far. There were some pledges in the other Thread where all this started, that haven't been transposed over to this Thread. I'll give it a few days and then send some PM's to let them know the pledge will need to be posted over here if the interest is still there.

Whoops! ISLAND1000, what is your total pledge then?

Ilkka 05-11-07 04:07 PM

Quote:

ISLAND1000 wrote: (Post 36035)
I'll donate an additional $50.00 I need to see this tested by knowledgable DIYers. Who will build the box/es?
1) sealed
1) vented
I recently ordered one and I am on the back ordered list. I intend to use a 6 cu ft sealed box with ELF and approx. 2000 watts for home theater. I'm looking for useable response down to 15Hz @ 100db

As now we're thinking of building a single sealed box (around 5 cu ft). Later we might also try a larger PR box.

I will self build the box(es).

ISLAND1000 05-11-07 10:11 PM

I will donate a total of $50.00 regardless of the number of running threads. If I donate any more I won't be able to build my own. LOL Oh, AND I'll donate some of my favorite old mattress stuffing for the interior of the boxes. I can air mail that to Ilkka because of it's light weight.

ISLAND1000 05-11-07 10:21 PM

Quote:

Ilkka wrote: (Post 36046)
As now we're thinking of building a single sealed box (around 5 cu ft). Later we might also try a larger PR box.

Ilkka, that's close enough to my own size decision to be able to understand the LMS-5400's behavior in a sealed box. Excellent!
I'm also interested to see how the factory T/S parameters/specifications compare to those of a delivered unit.

Ilkka 05-15-07 02:32 PM

We may have a green light regarding the discount. :bigsmile:

More info coming soon.

steve nn 05-15-07 02:55 PM

Quote:

We may have a green light regarding the discount.

More info coming soon.
Excellent!.. nice to hear Ilkka. I know I'll never buy one unless It's proven to me it's a worthy buy. :cool:

Ilkka 05-22-07 04:14 PM

TC-Sounds will give me more information about the discount after the backorders have been cleared out.

At this moment it looks like they will have to give us a pretty hefty discount... :no:

Drizt 05-22-07 11:51 PM

Quote:

Ilkka wrote: (Post 36046)

Sounds awesome, can't wait for the results :) Been interested in this driver for a long time. Unfortunately I'm not financially able to assist, would like to if I had more disposable income.

Just curious as to why you chose 5 cu ft ??

From TC's site it suggests

Small Box
18LMS-5400
Type Volume
Sealed 3.8 ft3

Large Box (Low Extension)
18LMS-5400
Type Volume
Sealed 7.5 ft3