Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Subwoofer Tests - Archived (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/)
-   -   LMS-5400 buy-in (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/subwoofer-tests-archived/4652-lms-5400-buy.html)

steve nn 05-11-07 12:44 AM

LMS-5400 buy-in

Since the LMS-5400 has been such a hot topic amongst many of us DIY'ers.. we thought why not take advantage of Ilkka's expertise and have a group buy-in for a single 18" LMS-5400 to be tested by Ilkka... Ilkka has agreed to such and I would think this should be most informative! Lets see what this driver has?

The details will need to be decided as we move along. It's a group participation kind of deal, so everyone has a/their say.

NEW INFO!!

I have some VERY good news.

With the help from my very special friend, I managed to arrange a cheaper transportation for the LMS-5400 18" driver. :kiss:

And while were at it, I also ordered two of their TC-VMP passive radiators - naturally 18". :bigsmile:

Now let me see those donations! Paypal account: irissane (at) REMOVESPAMlut.fi

Thus far I haven't got a single donation from the Home Theater Shack. What does that mean? Don't you want to see new and exciting drivers/subwoofers being tested? Without some support from you guys, my tests may not last very long. Think about that for a second...

Ilkka 05-11-07 12:58 AM

Re: LMS-5400 buy-in... Ilkka test Thread!

And I will drop $200 myself.

WillyD 05-11-07 01:04 AM

Just curious, how much extra does TC charge for shipping to Finland, Ilkka?

Ilkka 05-11-07 01:23 AM

Quote:

WillyD wrote: (Post 35972)
Just curious, how much extra does TC charge for shipping to Finland, Ilkka?

Depends of the weight. In the case of 75 lbs LMS, I'd guess something around $200.

RuneW 05-11-07 02:20 AM

Quote:

Ilkka wrote: (Post 35973)
Depends of the weight. In the case of 75 lbs LMS, I'd guess something around $200.

Doesn't TC Sounds use FedEx only? Using the "shipping rate calculator" on the FedEx website I got closer to $400...:holycow:

Do you have a service ala JetCarrier (warning: swedish text) in Finland, Ilkka? It might be a much cheaper alternative (although it's by seas so it's slow...).

Just a thought...

Ilkka 05-11-07 02:35 AM

Quote:

RuneW wrote: (Post 35977)
Doesn't TC Sounds use FedEx only? Using the "shipping rate calculator" on the FedEx website I got closer to $400...:holycow:

I will try to get an accurate quote from TC-Sounds. Weren't they supposed to change to something cheaper when it comes to international shipping?

Quote:

Do you have a service ala JetCarrier (warning: swedish text) in Finland, Ilkka? It might be a much cheaper alternative (although it's by seas so it's slow...).

Just a thought...
Unfortunately no.

mike c 05-11-07 02:44 AM

is the 5400 even in stock? did Kyle guarantee its availability?

I wanted to buy one and couldn't even get anyone to quote me a price or give the time of day on its availability.

Sonnie 05-11-07 09:23 AM

Since this has more to do with Ilkka's testing, I think we should move it to his forum.

I will also announce this in the next newsletter that should go out in the next few days.

jmcomp124 05-11-07 10:33 AM

I will chip in $50.

Ilkka 05-11-07 03:23 PM

Quote:

mike c wrote: (Post 35980)
is the 5400 even in stock? did Kyle guarantee its availability?

I wanted to buy one and couldn't even get anyone to quote me a price or give the time of day on its availability.

It's not yet in stock. They have said it should be in stock in ~3 weeks.