SVSound 5.2 S-Series System / AS-EQ1 Giveaway - Page 10 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Closed Thread

post #91 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:37 PM
Senior Shackster
Matt

Re: SVSound 5.2 S-Series System / AS-EQ1 Giveaway

I didn't do very well in statistics. I do hope if you run your program a thousand times with limits of 1 through 18 and graph the output, you don't get a bell curve centered around 9.5. Being entry number 18... I'm just sayin...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:37 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Nope... we use a computerized random number generator with each entry assigned a specific number.

Hey... someone did say the rules could change, right? I think I should change the rules to NOT give away the system and have them send it to me instead. Beautimous idea...
good idea for you but not for us. i would have to have a
post #93 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 03:14 PM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

There is a good reminder about padding in the Giveaway qualification statement. But I wonder who reads all of that, I know I did because everything I have read here has been important. I don't want to assume anything in my life..., I would rather understand. I do forget stuff but it is not in my nature to be petty and I believe for the most part here I see that people who care enough about others to reach out to help a fellow traveler simply is not the type to undermine anything like a "Giveaway". I believe when the men and women here wish people "Good Luck" they really mean it. I don't want to start profiling a personality type that might consciously scheme to win at any cost or simply would do whatever it takes to win without giving a thought about any body else. I will say this sociopathic personality disorder is not born, they are created..., and I believe simply, we all want to be happy. Some people just need a little extra help getting there without hurting anybody else.

Anyway, I think Emu had it right about this memory thing..., I explain it this way: "I don't forget stuff - I just don't think to remember.

I'm sitting here and between lines I am imagining where I am going to put my new speakers..., its going to be great. Matched speakers all around WOW! what a concept. I can't wait.

I hope you all get one of these too. Best of luck to all..., Don't forget to have some fun!

Greg

post #94 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 03:37 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
Gregr wrote: View Post
There is a good reminder about padding in the Giveaway qualification statement. But I wonder who reads all of that, I know I did because everything I have read here has been important. I don't want to assume anything in my life..., I would rather understand. I do forget stuff but it is not in my nature to be petty and I believe for the most part here I see that people who care enough about others to reach out to help a fellow traveler simply is not the type to undermine anything like a "Giveaway". I believe when the men and women here wish people "Good Luck" they really mean it. I don't want to start profiling a personality type that might consciously scheme to win at any cost or simply would do whatever it takes to win without giving a thought about any body else. I will say this sociopathic personality disorder is not born, they are created..., and I believe simply, we all want to be happy. Some people just need a little extra help getting there without hurting anybody else.

Anyway, I think Emu had it right about this memory thing..., I explain it this way: "I don't forget stuff - I just don't think to remember.

I'm sitting here and between lines I am imagining where I am going to put my new speakers..., its going to be great. Matched speakers all around WOW! what a concept. I can't wait.

I hope you all get one of these too. Best of luck to all..., Don't forget to have some fun!

Greg
What you talking about! They are mine. LOL My stuff is so far from matching right now. Most of it is used items I picked up cheap. My only issue is I dont have a 7.2 channel receiver. If i win this will cost me money. I have two 5.1 channel receivers. One in the bedroom and one in the livingroom. I was just looking at 7.1 and 7.2 channel receivers on ebay. I am not bidding yet. I know not to counting my chickens before they hatch. If i buy one I won't win the speakers.
post #95 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 04:24 PM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

You know I can't respond to that without jinxing my chances..., Oh what the hell. You did help clarify a few things. I thought the EQ was also a sub amp/crossover etc ..., Oops! I didn't even check. But now that I have that straight my image is even clearer. My 7.1 will deliver the goods. Now lets see...,

I am begining to wonder who..., and when????

Greg
post #96 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 04:46 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:
Well..., it looks as though in ten minutes I will no longer qualify for the SVSound give away unless I write 6 more Posts but it seems everything has slowed to a crawl.
Gregr
So, did you actually make it?
post #97 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 05:01 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

I'm sure you know Sonnie has to beta test the speakers for a few years before you receive them or until he gets the newer better ones to beta test! Only after that time they will ship to you. As long as his dog isn't lifing his leg on the subs you should receive them in good working order.
post #98 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 05:03 PM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

I had made a small donation a few days after getting here 11/4/10. I had to read the rules about 40 times to finally figure out (earlier this month) I am qualified. Unless your going to tell me I still need posts for every month. Because lately it seems to read differently to me again. I'll know for sure after I win..., I am qualified.

Greg
post #99 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 05:12 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Quote:
I had made a small donation a few days after getting here 11/4/10. I had to read the rules about 40 times to finally figure out (earlier this month) I am qualified. Unless your going to tell me I still need posts for every month. Because lately it seems to read differently to me again. I'll know for sure after I win..., I am qualified.

Greg
It looks like Greg was the 9th person down on the entry topic. I think some of my post look like padding but I have more then enough post that have more then 25 words in them per month. Way more then 10 per month. I am a forum junkie.
post #100 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 05:55 PM
Elite Shackster
Mike

My System

Quote:

Greg

Here's the rule:

You MUST have an additional 10 posts from December 1 to December 31, 2010.

I was just following up on what you said on December 31st:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tml#post333543

I am not saying, I'm just saying.
Closed Thread