SVSound 5.2 S-Series System / AS-EQ1 Giveaway - Page 9 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #81 of 112 Old 02-10-11, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Re: SVSound 5.2 S-Series System / AS-EQ1 Giveaway

Post padding is against our Forum Rules unless in the Testing forum.

Post padding is not allowed except in the post padding thread and then only for the purpose of getting your minimum five posts requirement.

I believe it was already included, but we moved it to be more prominent since we noticed a few people just padding their posts to get posts and maybe did not read the qualifications. If it were added, it would merely be for clarification anyway, since as stated above, it has been against our rules since day one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:46 AM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

Sonnie

I do apologize for..., I just got a flash message from you reminding me of "PADDING". I am hoping this is a general reminder to everybody and that I was not singled out. For awhile there I actually felt useful almost like I was contributing. As a carpenter I used to get that alot as a social worker that never happened. I was liking it. Anyway I don't know what I am padding for is there another giveaway I am not aware of somewhere.

Besides, If I were padding I would not be writing 300-500 word essays.

Would you please let me know whats what???
post #83 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

I am not sure what you are referring to. I have not sent any flash messages to anyone.

It is very obvious that 300-500 essays would not be padding.

It is far too late to do anything about at this point for this contest, but padding is where you pad your post count with single word or short phrase comments. Generally we say less than twenty-five words should be sufficient to cover you on the contest, but we do not use a calculator. It is not difficult to tell when someone is post padding... it is rather obvious.

Haven't I already covered this with you?

post #84 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 03:08 AM
Senior Shackster

Greg

My System

My memory has been a challenge for me lately. If we spoke about this in Nov-Dec. I may not have given it much thought with everything else I was learning..., this HTS site is a maze of threads and specialty forums, well I don't need to remind you.

I've read the rules several times and remember Padding is not accepted at HTS but thats something I just would not waste any time on. It is childish and petty and I would certainly not knowingly put myself in that situation, but at the same time if I do write something less than 25 words it is because its all I felt was needed. But less than 25 words is probably just an "at a boy" type comment anyway and should not be counted as a real contribution.

If you would like for me to explain how I got your message about padding and when I logged back in I could not find it along with other curious circumstances ..., it all looked like a personal reminder.

Greg
post #85 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System

I assure you it was not pointing fingers.
post #86 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:02 PM
Pending
Ty

So when's the drawing? Huh Huh Huh?
post #87 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:06 PM
Senior Shackster
H

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Post padding is against our Forum Rules unless in the Testing forum.

Post padding is not allowed except in the post padding thread and then only for the purpose of getting your minimum five posts requirement.

I believe it was already included, but we moved it to be more prominent since we noticed a few people just padding their posts to get posts and maybe did not read the qualifications. If it were added, it would merely be for clarification anyway, since as stated above, it has been against our rules since day one.
Sonnie, you're absolutely right and contributing (something with substance as Gregr noted) is the ultimate goal to nurture the forum. Treats like the giveaways are an extra special bonus for devoted members.

Maybe an yearly reminder to read the rules, (optional?) for folks like me with memory ... uh issues... would be helpful. I'd remind myself about reading the rules annually, but sometimes I forget. Of course I don't know the level of effort in implementing something like that, just a thought that there's a lot of us who need refreshers now and then.
post #88 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:16 PM
Senior Shackster
Matt

Quote:
So when's the drawing? Huh Huh Huh?

Now, now... Don't be in such haste to congratulate me. I didn't win the Oppo Blu-ray player, the Emotiva amp, the Axiom speakers, the Apple TV, (or the 2011 Ford Mustang from another site,) so I would like to take my time and enjoy this win. Congratulations may be extended for up to 60 days or whenever I post a full review, whichever comes first!

Matt
post #89 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 12:51 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

i have enough post already but let me make a pad. Pad pad pad pad. lol. Ok I really wont pad. I can't wait to see who wins. I have my fingers crossed. This system is making me drool. I wish everyone who entered good luck.
post #90 of 112 Old 02-11-11, 01:00 PM
Senior Shackster
Jason

Oh i just looked and only 18 people look to be qaulified. The list was larger but i am guessing some people have been removed for not being qualified. I guess it doesn't take long to put 18 names into a hat and have someone pull a name out.( if thats how they do it. ) I am sure we will see who wins soon. It most likely took longer to look and find out who all was qualified.
Closed Thread