SVS Ultra Future Finish Poll - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

View Poll Results: What finish do you think SVS should consider for the Ultra Speaker Line?
Rosewood 17 35.42%
Walnut 9 18.75%
Spalted Maple 2 4.17%
Oak 4 8.33%
Cherry 15 31.25%
Birch 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

post #21 of 37 Old 11-22-12, 03:08 PM
Senior Shackster

Dwight

Re: SVS Ultra Future Finish Poll

and it matches my other speakers

Mains- Goldenear Triton One's
Center Channel- Goldenear Super Centre XL
Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50's
Back Surrounds- Goldenear SuperSat 50c's
Atmos -4 x Goldenear HTR 7000's
Amps- Bryston 4Bsst2/Emotiva XPA-5/2 x Marantz M7025's
Processor-Marantz AV7703 Preamp
Projector- Sony VPL-HW55ES
Screen- Elunevision 140 inch 4K Audio Weave
Bluray/Universal player-OPPO 105D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 37 Old 01-14-13, 05:10 PM
Shackster
Elwin

My System

Brazilian rosewood green.
post #23 of 37 Old 01-15-13, 06:31 PM
Shackster

piano white . I think it pops in dark theater.

I think of doing my DIY in cady pearl white

post #24 of 37 Old 01-15-13, 06:42 PM
Senior Shackster

Even if i like rosewood on guitars when it comes to speakers cherry it's one of my favourites .
post #25 of 37 Old 01-15-13, 06:44 PM
Senior Shackster

Tufelhundin

Fortunately for me Rosewood is not an option for pre-order... or I would be spending money I don't have. LOL!

Samsung 46" LCD/LED, Oppo BDP-83, Wii, PS2, Squeezebox Duet, Onkyo TX-NR1007, Sherwood Newcastle 965A, SVS AS-EQ1, SVS PBU 13 Rosenut x 2, Rocket Onix RS450 Rosewood x 4 Rocket Onix RS200 Rosewood "Bigfoot", Rocket Launch Pad x 4, MU-C Center Speaker Stand Auralax Gramma's x 2
post #26 of 37 Old 01-30-13, 09:42 AM
Senior Shackster
alpha

I voted for Walnut, since too many brands already offer rosewood and cherry. Monitor Audio and PSB have both shown that walnut can be nicely done, and not look reminiscent of the vinyl faux walnut that dominated the 80's.

That said, if SVS can pull off less run of the mill version of cherry/rosewood, I think they'd be great options.

A natural cherry, more along the lines of the cherry for the Quad L/L2 series speakers, would be great... and different from the very bright orange cherry most companies offer (think Aperion Verus).

Same with rosewood - something that isn't so bright red, but more natural in color would be nice to see (I believe Salk Sound has just what I'm thinking of here).

Burled maple would be cool too, but not sure it would be a bit hit with most consumers.
post #27 of 37 Old 02-03-13, 06:54 PM
Senior Shackster

I liked the darker red of the old Rosewood SVS's, but a nice dark walnut would be great as well. My Salamander rack is in a walnut finish and it would be great to get something to match with that.

Overall though, I just hope they bring a wood veneer finish back.
post #28 of 37 Old 04-09-13, 01:54 AM
Senior Shackster

Interesting......

I was looking through some of the show reports from the Bristol show and came across this little beauty.

That is, of course, the UBS, in a nice walnut finish. Hopefully this means that the same finish will be coming stateside soon. I think offering a wood veneer with the Ultra series speakers (and here's to hoping on subs too), will be a boon for SVS. Less dusting/fingerprints than the gloss black, and a little more decor friendly for some than the black oak (especially on a speaker the size of the Ultra tower).

Link to blub.

So Mr. Mullen, anything you'd care to share?
post #29 of 37 Old 04-09-13, 08:06 AM
Senior Shackster
steve1616

Those speakers do look pretty cool. I am guessing that the piano gloss black is the huge seller. I liked SVS previous colors on the M-series speakers, but in the end I went with gloss black. They just seem to go with everything. On another note, do they even make a gloss black veneer? I would assume the gloss black might be the hardest to make.
post #30 of 37 Old 04-09-13, 02:45 PM
SVSound
Ed

Quote:
snowmanick wrote: View Post
Interesting......

I was looking through some of the show reports from the Bristol show and came across this little beauty.

That is, of course, the UBS, in a nice walnut finish. Hopefully this means that the same finish will be coming stateside soon. I think offering a wood veneer with the Ultra series speakers (and here's to hoping on subs too), will be a boon for SVS. Less dusting/fingerprints than the gloss black, and a little more decor friendly for some than the black oak (especially on a speaker the size of the Ultra tower).

Link to blub.

So Mr. Mullen, anything you'd care to share?
This walnut pair is just one example of several finishes we're evaluating - no firm decisions have been made yet on the next finish we'll offer in the Ultra line. I think walnut is very attractive, but with that said cherry or rosenut will likely be the most in demand.

Ed Mullen
Director - Technology and Customer Service
SVS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

"What We Do In Life, Echoes In Eternity"