SVS SB13-Ultra Owners Thread - Page 4 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #31 of 68 Old 04-10-13, 10:29 AM
Senior Shackster
steve1616

Re: SVS SB13-Ultra Owners Thread

I am sorry I got this thread sidetracked. I just wanted to point out why I will probably never consider any other company except SVS when it comes to audio. They have a better reputation than any company I have seen. I hope many more people comment on the SB13-ultra. I have been thinking about getting this sub, and giving my Mom my PB13/ultra. Her surgeon told us that we should just be thankful that she is still with us. His outlook wasn't good. I was almost done building her a sub, and I haven't finished it yet. I think it is terrible that she might not even get a chance to listen to it so I am going to give her mine, and I hope I never get my sub back because that would mean good things for my Mom. In the mean time, I look forward to hearing about the SB13/ultra because I might just buy this sub when I get the funds. I don't know whether I will just save a little bit more to get a PB again or whether the SB will keep me happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 68 Old 04-11-13, 10:01 PM
Shackster

I just listened to Dire Straits Brothers In Arms 20th anniversary edition SACD and was blown away by track 7 'The Man's Too Strong'. I have listened to this many times, but this is the first time I guess with the SB13 Ultra. If you have this disc give it a whirl.

Update: Just realized that the strong bass on that track is only present in multi-ch surround.

Last edited by whitey019; 04-13-13 at 11:08 PM.
post #33 of 68 Old 04-11-13, 10:27 PM
Shackster

My System

I have dual SB13 Ultras and that Dire Straits SACD so i guess i should give it a whirl asap! Thanks

post #34 of 68 Old 04-12-13, 04:35 AM
Senior Shackster

Tufelhundin

By far my favorite track off of that SACD.

Samsung 46" LCD/LED, Oppo BDP-83, Wii, PS2, Squeezebox Duet, Onkyo TX-NR1007, Sherwood Newcastle 965A, SVS AS-EQ1, SVS PBU 13 Rosenut x 2, Rocket Onix RS450 Rosewood x 4 Rocket Onix RS200 Rosewood "Bigfoot", Rocket Launch Pad x 4, MU-C Center Speaker Stand Auralax Gramma's x 2
post #35 of 68 Old 05-14-13, 08:13 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

Quote:
gordog wrote: View Post
but also the glowing reviews of customer service- pre and post sale!
Very responsive and knowledgeable, I've heard they even respond on the week-ends! Great company to deal with.
They sure will

Quote:
gordog wrote: View Post
Rest assured, based on all comments I've heard and in my own experience, SVS will take care of you!

I think if a competitor's sub performed similarly for a similar price, I'd still go with SVS because of this!
Working as a Auto mechanic for many years, I always recommended that once you find a shop that you trust and enjoy doing business with stop searching for lower prices. That grass across the street is not always greener

Quote:
Tufelhundin wrote: View Post
I hate to say it but they do :0), Saturday morning "early" I sent in an email to Tech Service actually to Jack whom I normally chat with, Ed responded through out the day & we emailed each other back and forth, Sunday morning "poof" Doug is emailing me to follow up.
I can attest to this,
After learning/reading and acknowledging that I had won the SB13-Ultra Giveaway last Friday, Sonnie contacted SVS to sort out the delivery. The first email arrived from Ted Sindzinski @ 2:59am Sat. morning
Dan "the man" Marks took it from there and asked what finish I desired / kept me up to date as to when it would ship.
I went with the real wood black oak, it will match my 1st gen pio speakers perfectly and that beautiful metal grill should too.

The sub left SVS yesterday to begin its new life with us and the last tracking info has it just out of walking distance (30 miles north)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #36 of 68 Old 05-18-13, 05:42 PM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

It arrived 5-14-2013

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #37 of 68 Old 06-05-13, 07:39 AM
Shackster

Ah. Yesterday i ordered a SVS SB13-ultra from L-sound. It will be used with my living room stereo that contains:
B&W CM9
NAD C390 (with sub management and HDMI, yummy).

I sold my B&W DB1, since it gave up way to easy. I will write a "mini review" of the SB13, and my impression of it against my previous subs in the same room (BW DB1, Definitive Tech SuperCube reference (this one was totally madness)).

Ill be back .
post #38 of 68 Old 06-05-13, 07:51 AM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

Welcome to HTShack Skorob ,
Can't wait to read your impression and "mini review".

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #39 of 68 Old 06-05-13, 08:53 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

Quote:
skorob wrote: View Post
Ah. Yesterday i ordered a SVS SB13-ultra from L-sound. It will be used with my living room stereo that contains:
B&W CM9
NAD C390 (with sub management and HDMI, yummy).

I sold my B&W DB1, since it gave up way to easy. I will write a "mini review" of the SB13, and my impression of it against my previous subs in the same room (BW DB1, Definitive Tech SuperCube reference (this one was totally madness)).

Ill be back .
Yes, welcome to the forum and looking forward to your review- especially your comparison to your DB1 and DefTech Supercube Reference. Both very well reviewed and heavy hitting subs to be sure and I'm wondering which of the 3 sounds most musical once you get a chance to do some critical listening.
post #40 of 68 Old 06-06-13, 04:11 PM
Shackster

Hey All, I figured this might be the appropriate place to ask about this. I had convinced my self that the SVS SB13 was the sub I was going to jump on after reading so many reviews, then I started enter'ing Danny from GR Research's world and am now debating between that or the Rhythmik F12G. Here is a little back and forth he and I had: http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-period-5.html his arguments are very convincing And ultimately making my choice much harder.

If the rhythmik unit should indeed have better response/better punch than the SB13, and would only be a difference in volume, then I think I'd have to shy towards Rhythmik simply because I am totally cool with buying more than one sub if volume ever becomes an issue. Keep in mind my room is very small (13'x13'x10', however I like to future proof my stuff and could easily see myself using a bigger room in the future).

However it'd be great if I got some feedback from you proud owners as well. Thanks much.