SVS SB13-Ultra Owners Thread - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #51 of 68 Old 08-23-13, 07:30 PM
Shackster
Ken

Re: SVS SB13-Ultra Owners Thread

Mine finally arrived yesterday afternoon.

Ive quickly dialed it in and taken a random stab at the best location and all i can say is WOW.

Im replacing a DIY 2x15" setup running off a small 350WRMS amp. Im really proud of my cheapo DIY setup. It served me well and gave plenty of kick and surprisingly kept up with the SR706 and Klipsch reference speakers.

After about 24hours with the SVS SB13U now it is an amazing sub. So much SPL and the bass is so deep, clean and accurate. Im sure once i get it dialed in it will sound even better.

Im so happy with the sub so far and with my living room it fill it with absolute ease which is the part that still amazes me. Im driving my wife nuts as im cycling through all my movies. Tron sounds incredible and Terminator Salvation when that huge teminator starts destroying the gas station. Those low freqency pulses when it steps around is just insane. The bass is just so deep and loud.

I might write a more formal review once i get a week or so with it.

Cheers and thanks for all the advice on this forum.

Pioneer LX87 THXU2 | Klipsch RF35 Mains | Klipsch RC62II Centre | Klipsch RS52 Surrounds | SVS SB13-Ultra Subwoofer | Pioneer BDP-150 Bluray / SACD | Tivo320HD | WDTV | Apple TV Gen 3 | Xbox360 | Sony V5500 40 LCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 68 Old 09-06-13, 04:52 PM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

Quote:
kenmck15 wrote: View Post
Mine finally arrived yesterday afternoon.

Cheers and thanks for all the advice on this forum.
Congrats Kenmck and welcome to the club

P.S. After winning my SB13-Ultra here in May, I have finally sold my old Bic F12 subwoofer today for 1/2 of what I paid for it a year ago . I tried to get them to play nice together but the Bic was holding the SB13-U back from it's full potential and had to go

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #53 of 68 Old 09-06-13, 04:55 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System

Quote:
Gary jp4 wrote: View Post
Been messing with it for a week now. So far I am slightly disapointed. It is not quite doing what I think it should. Haven't had much time to work with it yet. Basicly just ran audesy. Changed some settings, including various cross over frequencies, and ran again. Still needs a lot of work I am sure. I think I have a spike in the low frecquency some where making it slightly boomy and weak in other areas. Hard to tell when it is source material or system because some sources sound a lot better then others. Overall it sounds pretty good though.

I listened to some music, watched Top Gun BD and Avatar BD. I was happier with HT sources then with music.
Haven't tried moving the sub around much, but don't have many options either. I have it under the LH front speeker. ADS L810's are basicly very large bookshelf speekers.
Give it a good month to break in and run Audessy again, also try the crawl test by placing the sub at the listening position and crawl around the outside of the room till you hear the best sound from it. Thats a good place to start for placement.

Home theater:
Onkyo 805, Yamaha YDP2006EQ, Samson Servo 600 amp
3 EV Sentry 500 monitors across the front, 4 Mission 762i's Surrounds, SVS PB13U sub, Panasonic BDT220, Harmony 1100, Nintendo WiiU
Panasonic PT-AE8000 on a 120" 2,35:1 fixed screen

Living room system:
Sherwood/Newcastle R972, Mission 765's, SVS SBS02's, A/D/S MS3u sub, Yamaha YDG2030EQ
Yamaha KX-393 Tape deck, CDC 805 CD changer, Panasonic BD60, Sony turntable PS-T20
Panasonic TC-P50ST60, HD-PVR & WDTV Live, Harmony 900

post #54 of 68 Old 09-11-13, 01:14 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Gary jp4 wrote: View Post
Been messing with it for a week now. So far I am slightly disapointed. It is not quite doing what I think it should. Haven't had much time to work with it yet. Basicly just ran audesy. Changed some settings, including various cross over frequencies, and ran again. Still needs a lot of work I am sure. I think I have a spike in the low frecquency some where making it slightly boomy and weak in other areas. Hard to tell when it is source material or system because some sources sound a lot better then others. Overall it sounds pretty good though.

I listened to some music, watched Top Gun BD and Avatar BD. I was happier with HT sources then with music.
Haven't tried moving the sub around much, but don't have many options either. I have it under the LH front speeker. ADS L810's are basicly very large bookshelf speekers.
No matter how large sub you got, it can sound and tiny when its misplaced. I gained around 6db+ when i moved it from my "favorite" placement into the "right place" .
post #55 of 68 Old 01-09-14, 08:00 PM
Shackster
Victor

just switched from one SB12-plus to two SB13-Ultra.
Boy, what a difference ...
post #56 of 68 Old 01-10-14, 09:31 AM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Victor wrote: View Post
just switched from one SB12-plus to two SB13-Ultra. Boy, what a difference ...
Nice. I want to add a second SB13 Ultra to my set-up by June.
post #57 of 68 Old 02-22-14, 06:05 PM
Shackster

To any of the owners of a SB13 Ultra in the US.

Do the US models of the SB13 Ultras have multi-voltage PSUs? ie will it accept 240V/60Hz?

TIA
John
post #58 of 68 Old 02-23-14, 06:33 PM
Senior Shackster

Tufelhundin

Not sure if this will help, when I moved to Italy I had to send my amps to SVS so they could convert them over to 240 "very easy process" then prior to returning to the States I had them convert them back over to 220. I actually have PBU's and like I say this may not help, SVS is an outstanding company, they tend to reply rather quickly if you were to contact them.

Good luck.

Samsung 46" LCD/LED, Oppo BDP-83, Wii, PS2, Squeezebox Duet, Onkyo TX-NR1007, Sherwood Newcastle 965A, SVS AS-EQ1, SVS PBU 13 Rosenut x 2, Rocket Onix RS450 Rosewood x 4 Rocket Onix RS200 Rosewood "Bigfoot", Rocket Launch Pad x 4, MU-C Center Speaker Stand Auralax Gramma's x 2
post #59 of 68 Old 02-23-14, 06:35 PM
Shackster

Quote:
Tufelhundin wrote: View Post
Not sure if this will help, when I moved to Italy I had to send my amps to SVS so they could convert them over to 240 "very easy process" then prior to returning to the States I had them convert them back over to 220. I actually have PBU's and like I say this may not help, SVS is an outstanding company, they tend to reply rather quickly if you were to contact them.

Good luck.
Yes.. that helps a lot.. Thanks very much.

Cheers,
John
post #60 of 68 Old 06-08-14, 12:34 PM
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman

Greetings to all SB13-Ultra owners, I hope this post finds you'll well.

It has been a year and a month since I received my SVS sub and it still puts a on my face even when my system is off. I'm hoping to add a second sometime later this year if I don't upgrade my TV 1st due to its smallish size (34").

hyghwayman

F.S. SB13-Ultra