SVSound SB13-Ultra : User Review - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 19 Old 05-23-13, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System
Send a message via Yahoo to hyghwayman
Re: SVSound SB13-Ultra : User Review

Your welcome Asere...

I changed my crossover from 80 before to 100 when calibrating the new sub into my system based on what SVS's Merlin tool recommended. To set the crossover 30 to 50 Hz higher than the rated bass extension for each of my speakers.

I went my weakest speaker rated @ 80w, Pioneer offers only 80, 100, 150 global crossover points, so 100 seemed the best. The sound coming from my Pioneer speakers is so alive, pleasingly clean and more detailed now. Can't wait to hear it after EQ'ing the sub properly

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

Last edited by hyghwayman; 05-23-13 at 02:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 05-23-13, 02:29 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
hyghwayman wrote: View Post
Your welcome Asere...

I changed my crossover from 80 before to 100 when calibrating the new sub into my system based on what SVS's Merlin tool recommended. To set the crossover 30 to 50 Hz higher than the rated bass extension for each of my speakers.

I went my weakest speaker rated @ 80w, Pioneer offers only 80, 100, 150 global crossover points, so 100 seemed the best. The sound coming from my Pioneer speakers is so alive, pleasingly clean and more detailed now. Can't wait to hear it after EQ'ing the sub properly
Yes it is amazing what a nice sub can do to the speakers. They come alive with cleaner crisp sound.
post #13 of 19 Old 05-25-13, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

Even voices sound better, more natural, all of these improvements in sound above the LFE crossover were not expected with an addition of a sub. Thinking it would be all in the lower bass and ULF areas and then my speakers would be the weak link in the audio chain but it's the total opposite.

F.S. SB13-Ultra

Last edited by hyghwayman; 05-25-13 at 04:03 PM.

post #14 of 19 Old 05-25-13, 10:00 PM
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:

Even voices sound better, more natural, all of these improvements in sound above the LFE crossover were not expected with an addition of a sub. Thinking it would be all in the lower bass and ULF areas and then my speakers would be the weak link in the audio chain but it's the total opposite.
Oh yes subs greatly improve any speakers!
post #15 of 19 Old 05-27-13, 09:40 AM
Banned!

Loved reading your review and well done, looks like the SVS certainly went to a good home
post #16 of 19 Old 05-27-13, 02:07 PM
Senior Shackster

My System
Quote:

Even voices sound better, more natural, all of these improvements in sound above the LFE crossover were not expected with an addition of a sub. .
That was the first thing I noticed when I upgraded to my xv15. Male voices especially sounded much better.

Nice review. It's always nice to see someone else combining the pioneers with a high quality sub.
post #17 of 19 Old 05-28-13, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

Quote:
recruit wrote: View Post
Loved reading your review and well done, looks like the SVS certainly went to a good home
Thanks recruit..
I was told I went above and beyond what HTS ask of winners with my review but I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
TheLaw612 wrote: View Post
That was the first thing I noticed when I upgraded to my xv15. Male voices especially sounded much better.

Nice review. It's always nice to see someone else combining the pioneers with a high quality sub.
Thanks Law...
I can't say enough about how it has changed my audio experience. Never understood the saying, "get the best sub you can afford" before but I do now. It made my Pioneers really come alive

F.S. SB13-Ultra

post #18 of 19 Old 05-28-13, 05:12 PM
Shackster
Luke

My System

Nice! SB13 Ultra's are sweet!!!
post #19 of 19 Old 05-28-13, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Donnie

My System

Quote:
luke202 wrote: View Post
Nice! SB13 Ultra's are sweet!!!
Thanks Luke...
It is an awesome little beast. Did you ever get your duels to play nice together?

F.S. SB13-Ultra