No sound from surround speakers after tv swap. - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 4 Old 11-17-18, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Cleo

No sound from surround speakers after tv swap.

I just bought a Vizio smart tv to replace a tv hooked up to older Onkyo receiver with surround sound speakers. After hooking up all the cables into Vizio, I have no sound coming out of surround speakers. What did I miss? I had optical cable from receiver hooked up to DVD player previously. Should I have hooked that up to new TV?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 11-18-18, 07:31 AM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: No sound from surround speakers after tv swap.

Please post links to manuals of the equipment in question – thanks.

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #3 of 4 Old 01-05-19, 02:58 PM
Shackster

had this problem with my 5.1 and I searched for the answers everywhere. Nothing worked for me. I had changed the jacks, switched environment into room mode. Nothing worked. When you change environment into room it will play all the sound in the configure tab. But those sounds are not exactly from the right speaker. Even if we only connected via one cable,ie 2.1 it will play all test sounds, which means the system is not surround actually. I ended up with this and was thinking not to play via 5.1, instead just use 2.1. But I finally found a real solution which worked for me. CONNECT ALL WIRES CORRECTLY. Instead of turning the speaker system into 5.1 just keep it in thr initial condition when it is on. You dont have to change any settings. Just turn on yhr speakers. It worked for me and I'm very happy now. You dont want to change the environment too.. perfectly working. I hope this will help.. sorry for my bad english. Try this method. Thank you !!

Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher

Last edited by natelivliv; 01-06-19 at 04:37 PM.

post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-19, 03:44 PM
Shackster

Are the drivers new?