Help with connecting Denon AVR-3801 to AVR-2311CI for multi zone use 3801output zone - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #1 of 5 Old 11-26-12, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Help with connecting Denon AVR-3801 to AVR-2311CI for multi zone use 3801output zone

I am presently using a Denon AVR-2311CI for main output in Zone 1 in home theater room and wish to add a Zone 2 for the patio powered by a Denon 3801 to the speakers. I am confused as to where to connect the inputs (if there are any) from the 2311CI. Or do I have to use a strait amp only and not a receiver?

Thanks for any info or suggestions. Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-27-12, 05:13 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt
Re: Help with connecting Denon AVR-3801 to AVR-2311CI for multi zone use 3801output zone

The Zone 2 outputs from the 2311 will connect to a vacant input in the 3801. Keep in mind that the 2311’s Zone 2 output is analog (red/white RCA’s) and will only send analog signals. So if your source components are only connected with HDMI, or digital coax / optical, you’ll have to add the analog RCA cables in order to hear that source in the second zone.

Regards,
Wayne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
|

post #3 of 5 Old 11-28-12, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Re: Help with connecting Denon AVR-3801 to AVR-2311CI for multi zone use 3801output zone

Wayne, Thank you for your help. If I understand you correctly I cannot broadcast in stereo in zone two? If that is the only solution I will separate the two systems and use a Denon DVD changer for CD's and DVD music and use the 3801 internal ability for AM/FM Music in 5.1. That is all I want on the patio any way. I would like the convenience of playing on the main source for parties to match inside and out. If I am not comprehending please refresh my old mind. lol

Thanks, Jack

post #4 of 5 Old 11-29-12, 05:15 PM
HTS Senior Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Quote:
kimisdad wrote: View Post
If I understand you correctly I cannot broadcast in stereo in zone two?
It would be pretty unusual for a receiver not to send a stereo signal to the second zone. It has two outputs labeled “L” and “R” after all...

Regards,
Wayne

|

post #5 of 5 Old 11-29-12, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

Wayne, your not working with a mental giant when it comes to me lol. I am a very uneducated 75 year old trying to continue DIY stuff while still physically able. After a year I continue on working on finishing setting up AVR-2311CI. Time just keeps on keepin on. I wish to thank you so far as you see I have a long way to go lol. Tomorrow, if I can after Dr.'s appointments I will install banana plugs and hook it up. You already have gevin me the vision of completion.

I am so very thankful, Jack aka "Kimisdad"