Should I Continue My Tidal Streaming Service? - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

2Likes

post #21 of 36 Old 02-29-16, 09:41 AM
Elite Shackster
Quenten

My System
Re: Should I Continue My Tidal Streaming Service?

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
I assume that you can stream from anywhere that you can login with your account and have the Tidal app downloaded and running on a proper device. I do have the Tidalapp running on several devices already.
I can see where that would be a very nice feature. With your speaker evaluations, you could use your own music for critical listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 36 Old 02-29-16, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

I believe that a number of rooms used Tidal for their program source at RMAF and AXPONA last time around.
post #23 of 36 Old 03-05-16, 12:14 PM
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

$20/month might seem steep to some, but I use Tidal streaming more than any other medium I have and it gives me much more enjoyment than cable TV would, if I had cable TV. There is a $10/month 320 kbps option, too.

I have not used Tidal video streaming much, mostly when company is over. It is an enjoyable experience, as well.

The only downside I have is the occasional buffering hang ups.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks

post #24 of 36 Old 03-05-16, 04:20 PM
Shackster

Hey guys,

Love that many share my opinion of west....what a jerk!!!

I build my my library with ripping to my music server...still a better deal than a monthly cost...

Cheers,

Last edited by lcaillo; 03-06-16 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Rule violation for profanity.
post #25 of 36 Old 03-11-16, 05:46 PM
Senior Shackster

I love Tidal. I use it daily and it not only sounds great but is so gosh convenient. I have over 1000 blurays and right now am going through a Kaleidescape nightmare trying to catalog everything i have (Kaleidescape is not a nightmare. It is a dream just the effort needed to put forth dealing with a data cap on my ISP is the crux) i love the idea of having all this content at my disposal in a lossless format without having to spring for and house another grand collection. Plus when i demo my stereo for people they can search for whatever their heart desires instead of relying on me to have content or whatever discs they have in their car. My $.02
post #26 of 36 Old 03-13-16, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Quote:
lmagoo wrote: View Post
I build my my library with ripping to my music server...still a better deal than a monthly cost...
You are probably a tad better organized than I am. My ripped files are all over the place. Tidal makes that a non-issue... for me. Then there is the question of tag management...
post #27 of 36 Old 03-13-16, 02:24 PM
Shackster

Not a fan of the people who own it but I have to say if you are an audiophile it will probably make you think about it as an optional solution to Pandora because of its Hi-Fi Audio quality. Flac format unfortunately is not something you can easily enjoy online.

Our specialty is home theater installation for audiophiles
post #28 of 36 Old 03-13-16, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Interesting all the commentary on the ownership. I guess my question, all due respect to my esteemed colleagues, is - Is your like or dislike level of the owner or CEO of the business your first criterion for deciding whether or not to make a purchase from... Sony? Yamaha? Onkyo? Toyota? Owens Corning? Johnson and Johnson? If so, I guess that is a personal decision. It is not for me, unless it could affect the future of that business and its ability to provide the level of service I value and expect.

So far, I have liked Tidal when I have used it and value the ease of use vs. ripping and fixing tags and organizing and backing up files, at lest with my usual state of disorganization. Looks like I will keep it for now, knowing that if I hit a bump with it, I can discontinue the service with no penalty at any time.

Streaming is the way of the future, right?
post #29 of 36 Old 03-13-16, 11:49 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Well for me, no. I don't consider the owner, or ceo, etc of a company when I make purchases.(Tim cook seems nice though) However, I don't see them in the news acting like self important, pompous, narcissistic little babies. Kanye actually boycotted the Grammy awards, saying he would not go unless he got "album of the year". Wah!!! That kind of thing is supposed to be earned. And how has he treated other celebrities? I'd like nothing more than him and his family to get on a boat and sail away into the Bermuda Triangle. What a waste...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ellisr63 likes this.
post #30 of 36 Old 03-14-16, 06:33 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Quote:
willis7469 wrote: View Post
Well for me, no. I don't consider the owner, or ceo, etc of a company when I make purchases.(Tim cook seems nice though) However, I don't see them in the news acting like self important, pompous, narcissistic little babies. Kanye actually boycotted the Grammy awards, saying he would not go unless he got "album of the year". Wah!!! That kind of thing is supposed to be earned. And how has he treated other celebrities? I'd like nothing more than him and his family to get on a boat and sail away into the Bermuda Triangle. What a waste...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No argument. I guess I pay so little attention to it all that the comments just surprised me a little. Cheers!