The Official $1,000 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event - Page 38 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

View Poll Results: Which pair of speakers do you think will be chosen? (Please read details before voting.)
Arx A5 19 5.37%
Focal Chorus 716V 75 21.19%
HTD Level THREE 12 3.39%
Klipsch RF-62 II 71 20.06%
Magnepan MG12/QR 42 11.86%
MartinLogan Motion 12 51 14.41%
Tekton Model Lore 23 6.50%
Vandersteen 2Ce 61 17.23%
Voters: 354. You may not vote on this poll

post #371 of 376 Old 09-14-13, 11:42 AM
Shackster

mracoustat

Re: The Official $1,000 Speaker Evaluation / Home Audition Event

Quote:
lcaillo wrote: View Post
The adage "you get what you pay for" is certainly not reliable. I prefer to say that you get what you pay for if you do your homework and you are lucky. Doing your homework takes much of the luck out of the equation.
For ME the adage ( you get what you pay for ) is reliable 99% of the time and yes there are exceptions, so is the adage ( when it's to good to be true, most of the time it isn't )

Chord CPM-2600 amplifier - - - Chord One cd player - - - Acoustat 1+1s speakers - - - ( 1984 )
Life without Acoustat is possible BUT i would never dare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #372 of 376 Old 09-14-13, 09:16 PM
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System

I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all who contibuted to this informative and detailed listening evaluation. I wasn't concerned which speaker would win, in my honest opinion I know the A5 is a winner for me, every day I am reminded of that when I sit back and enjoy what I'm hearing and not thinking to myself should I have purchased a more expensive model? I don't let these things get in the way of my enjoying what I have. Thanks again to all you guys for this remarkable adventure, looking forward to the next one.
Best Regards, Jeff
post #373 of 376 Old 09-15-13, 12:43 PM
Elite Shackster
Wayne Myers

Quote:
needspeed52 wrote: View Post
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all who contibuted to this informative and detailed listening evaluation. I wasn't concerned which speaker would win, in my honest opinion I know the A5 is a winner for me, every day I am reminded of that when I sit back and enjoy what I'm hearing and not thinking to myself should I have purchased a more expensive model? I don't let these things get in the way of my enjoying what I have. Thanks again to all you guys for this remarkable adventure, looking forward to the next one.
Best Regards, Jeff
We appreciate the feedback. Obviously we are having a good time with it. But we also approach it with a sense of responsibility to HTS members and other readers. We will certainly give you our best in November.

And congratulations on being an A5 owner.

post #374 of 376 Old 09-15-13, 01:19 PM
Senior Shackster

bundini

My System

Quote:
AudiocRaver wrote: View Post
We appreciate the feedback. Obviously we are having a good time with it. But we also approach it with a sense of responsibility to HTS members and other readers. We will certainly give you our best in November.

And congratulations on being an A5 owner.
I expect nothing less from you guys, the service you provide is priceless to experienced as well as newcomers to this fascinating hobby, keep up the good work, believe me it is greatly appreciated. Now I have to start saving up for the next speaker class winner
Cheers Jeff
post #375 of 376 Old 04-29-17, 04:22 PM
Soundtique

What ever happened to the review? This tread was linked in the newsletter I got today...
post #376 of 376 Old 04-30-17, 09:12 AM

I can't post a link because I don't have enough posts, but, look in forums_two-channel-audio.