What is your dream 2 channel system? - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com
 2Likes

post #11 of 90 Old 09-13-13, 10:32 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?

I'm still curious what other folks dream system are. I've never had more than mid-fi, but I've heard a few audiophile systems that let me know I'm a long way off. I've thought about tube base system and had a tube amp for a period of time, but its not for me, so the one I chose in post #1 has all the elements that make it my dream system for me...emotional involvement, purity, simplicity, and good looks. I'm sure there are others with a dream system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 90 Old 09-13-13, 11:24 AM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System

Here is an ultimate dream system that belongs to one of my friends. I'm talking over a million dollars in this room.

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~
post #13 of 90 Old 09-13-13, 11:36 AM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System

The picture above shows Rockport Arrakis speakers and two pair of VTL Siegfried Reference Series 2 monoblock amplifiers.

The rest of the system is:
MSB Signature Data CD IV
MSB UMT Universal Transport Transport
Audio Quest Diamond Ethernet Cable Interconnect
MSB Diamond DAC IV
Purist Audio Anniversary PC
Echole Signature Power Cord
Absolare Purifier power conditioner
Steve Dobbins The Beat
Reed 2A Tonearm pic
Shunyata Anaconda Alpha PC
Minus K BM-8 Vibration Isolation Platform
Allnic Puritas MC cartridge
Lyra Olympos SL Cartridge
Allnic H 3000 phono stage
Echole Omnia XLR IC
Adona Zero GXT Turntable Rack
Absolare Passion Signature Balanced
Echole Signature XLR IC
Echole Omnia Power Cord
Appogg Systems Breve Reference Isolation (4)
VTL Seigfried Series 2 mono block amps - Pair #1
Echole Signature Power Cords (2)
Pyon Audio Heavy Duty Spira Ultra Tuning Feet
VTL Siegfried Series 2 mono block amps - Pair #2
Weizhi Gold Glory Footers
Silent Source Signature Power Cords (2) Interconnect
Echole Signature XLR IC
Echole Signature Speaker Cables
Absolare Purifier speaker bullets
Rockport Technologies Arrakis 2 External crossover Speaker
Echole Signature PC with inline Purifier
Echole Signature XLR IC
Echole Signature XLR IC
Rockport Arrakis 2 pic
REL Acoustics Studio III sub bass system (2)
Blinn Double wide component rack
Blinn Amp Stands
Stillpoints Ultra SS footers
Stillpoints Ultra 5 footers
Loricraft PRC 4 Deluxe RCM
Custom LP Record Cabniets Stand

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~

Last edited by Wardsweb; 09-13-13 at 11:41 AM. Reason: add equipment

post #14 of 90 Old 10-07-13, 10:15 PM
Shackster

It starts with the speakers. I have a friend who constructed a pair of line arrays from twelve Jordan JX92 full-range drivers per side ($200 each driver), with several Raal ribbon tweeters added per side (over $400 each) for the very high freq's. Low freq's are played by a pair of Jordan 8" woofers per channel (over $200 per driver). The whole setup is bi-amped, with custom-made line level crossovers using Intact Audio inductors and transformers (no capacitors, I understand).

The amps are custom-built tube jobs. The bass amps use push-pull 300B's (DC-coupled, three-stage), for about 15W per channel, class A. The mid-high frequency amps are single-ended, using RCA 50 tubes (two-stage, DC-coupled), about 4W per channel, class A.

The source is mostly vinyl, using a very rare Mitchell Cotter direct-drive turntable with a Schroeder tonearm. The RIAA preamp is another custom design. The RIAA eq is attained using Intact Audio inductors and transformers, again with no capacitors used.

I'm not a super-wealthy audiophile who's owned everything that ever got a Class A rating in The Absolute Sound, but this is the best audio playback system I have ever heard, including the time I was at Mark Levinson's place in Manhattan to record a demo. If I had that system, I wouldn't leave my living room for a week!

Anyway, that would be my dream system. I can't afford anything even close to that, so it will remain a dream.

--
post #15 of 90 Old 10-19-13, 09:07 AM
Shackster

mracoustat

Well the only system that i would own WITHOUT electrostatic speakers would be this one, i have heard it many times and it is the only system that gives me goosebumps like my Acoustats, first my system then my dream system. MrAcoustat

Chord CPM-2600 amplifier - - - Chord One cd player - - - Acoustat 1+1s speakers - - - ( 1984 )
Life without Acoustat is possible BUT i would never dare
post #16 of 90 Old 10-19-13, 09:00 PM
Senior Shackster

Outlaw

My System

A dream speaker system that would actually fit in my current dedicated room would be a pair of Krell driven Apogee Studio Grands. For a larger room it would be either Infinity IRS-Vs, Apogee Grands or, for truly cost no object speakers, Genesis 1s. The Apogees and Infinities are only available used which makes them "relatively" affordable.

ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300, Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon cartridges: Marantz CD63SE, Yamaha DVD-S1800,, MSB Link D2A, Emotiva XDA-2, Accuphase T101 tuner, TEAC V7010, Emotiva UMC-200: Front speakers: Acoustat Spectra 22 ESL's, DBX223sx, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2 12" Transmission Line Subs, Behringer DSP1124P, 2 Crown XLS-402 Rear speakers: Acoustat Model 1 ESL, Paradigm X-30, 2 Adcom GFA-545, Acoustat SPW-1 Woofer.
post #17 of 90 Old 10-20-13, 11:53 AM
Senior Shackster
Steve

Dynaudio Confidence C4 Sig, Octave Phono Module, Octave RE 290, diy NAS, Naim DAC, Naim NDS & XP5 XS, Naim CDX2, Linn Sondek LP12 Lingo w/ Linn Klyde

That would be my dream system. However its way outta my budget.

However my setup is a hybrid HT/2-ch setup because it all happens in the same room. My Naim has a ht-bypass so it keeps 2-ch seperate from HT. The TT is way down the line, I used to have a Pro-ject but my son kept damaging my cartridges, so I sold it for now and will get one when he is older and wont be so touchy.

So Im trying to build the following over time.

Dynaudio Focus 160, Naim Nait XS-2, Naim Stageline MM, Oppo 103, Eastern Electric Minimax DAC Plus, Mac Mini w/ diy NAS, Linn Sondek LP12 Basik w/ Adikt cartridge

Dynaudio Focus 260, Focus 210C, DM2/6
Marantz SR7007, NaimUniti2, Pro-ject 2xperience, Naim Stageline N
Oppo BDP-103, Hsu VTF2.4 subwoofer
post #18 of 90 Old 10-20-13, 01:04 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
mjcmt wrote: View Post
What is your dream 2 channel system?
3 speakers (i.e., my dream is that people stop conflating "channels" with "speakers").

Sanjay
post #19 of 90 Old 10-20-13, 01:23 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Quote:
Wardsweb wrote: View Post
Here is an ultimate dream system that belongs to one of my friends. I'm talking over a million dollars in this room.
That's pretty impressive.
post #20 of 90 Old 10-20-13, 06:19 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

For me, it would be a tough choice between an MBL system (their electronics are astoundingly good) with the Radialstrahler X-tremes or this.

What is your dream 2 channel system?-scaena_room_1.jpg

VAC's new Statement monoblocks feature constant autobiasing to keep the output tubes in their 'happy ' zone at all times - no small feat, that. To my ears, the big Scaena speaker system sounds phenomenal!

Hey, if you're going to dream, dream big.