What is your dream 2 channel system? - Page 6 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

1Likes

post #51 of 90 Old 01-07-14, 03:50 PM
Elite Shackster

Mr. Rabbit

Dream 2ch...?

1) room custom built for listening

2) audio rack set up for quick change of equipment

3) job evaluating high end audio equipment for a consumer publication like Sound and Vision.

4) new cool stuff every month
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 90 Old 01-07-14, 08:48 PM
Elite Shackster

Andre

My System
Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?

Dream from many years ago

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #53 of 90 Old 01-10-14, 04:23 AM
svi
Shackster

I've to say that my dream has been acomplished. Probably some of you consider it as heretic but it sounds almost perfect. I point out that it was designed for near field only and considering every piece of it for months and comparing with alternatives, but the result hasn't been surpassed by no other setup I've listened to.

Is a PC using Foobar and ASIO drivers. Connected to a Cakewalk UA25-EX soundcard by USB. From the soundcard to the Behringer DEQ2496 through spdif. Yes, the first Behringer piece. It acts as graphic, parametric equalizer and feedback destroyer. Adjusted using REW. From the DEQ2496 by AES/SBU to a DCX2496 and through balanced jacks to a Corda Arietta headphones amplifier. DCX is the second Behringer piece, and not the last one. But an overwhelming piece. It serves as Crossover and limiter. From it to a SPL Volume 8 Control. A multichannel volume controller. And from it to a pair of Behringer's B2030 monitors and a M-Audio SBX10 subwoofer.

I started looking for my near field audio setup 5 years ago and some musicians and sound engineers friends helped me apart of help from different forums.

Probably the only thing I'll change in the future could be the monitors looking for a 8" models and a 12" sub. But for the time beeing it's perfect. And the money saved is being invested in music, more music and some travels

Last edited by svi; 01-10-14 at 04:26 AM. Reason: Wording

post #54 of 90 Old 01-12-14, 07:39 PM
Shackster
Andrew

My System

A local Atlanta investment banker sold me some his room treatments. While there I took a picture of his setup. I think this could do in a pinch.
Attached Thumbnails
What is your dream 2 channel system?-img_0470-copy.jpg  

post #55 of 90 Old 01-12-14, 10:00 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

For me, someday I will have a set of the Soundfield Audio VSFT1 Towers - I have heard them a few times at different shows and they just keep on getting better and better!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

post #56 of 90 Old 01-12-14, 10:19 PM

Ron

My System

Quote:
Andre wrote: View Post

Dream from many years ago
I remember listening to a pair of those Infinity speakers in the late 1970s in Colorado Springs... Man they were great sounding!

Quote:
alatham wrote: View Post
A local Atlanta investment banker sold me some his room treatments. While there I took a picture of his setup. I think this could do in a pinch.
Very nice setup!

My Home Living room Theater
Samsung 65" FP, Yamaha CX-A5100, Xilica XP4080, (5) JBL 8340As, PS3, XBox One, (1) Asus mini pc, (2) Furman Power Conditioners, Darbee Darcet, Oppo UDP-203, and a Project RPM 1.5 Carbon turntable..
post #57 of 90 Old 01-12-14, 10:49 PM
HTS Moderator

Joe

My System

Quote:
alatham wrote: View Post
They look like Focal Utopias - is that right?

post #58 of 90 Old 01-13-14, 06:27 AM
Shackster
Andrew

My System

Quote:
ALMFamily wrote: View Post
They look like Focal Utopias - is that right?
You got it. Yes they are.
post #59 of 90 Old 01-14-14, 12:22 AM
Senior Shackster
Steve

my dream 2-ch system is one that i could actually have in the not so distant future.

Dynaudio Focus 260s
Naim Nait XS Integrated Amp
Naim Stageline phono pre-amp
VPI Traveler with Grado Reference Sonata or Dynavector 10x5 cart
Eastern Electric Minimax Plus dac
N.A.S. connected to a MacMini or laptop
Oppo 103 as a cd transport.

Dynaudio Focus 260, Focus 210C, DM2/6
Marantz SR7007, NaimUniti2, Pro-ject 2xperience, Naim Stageline N
Oppo BDP-103, Hsu VTF2.4 subwoofer
post #60 of 90 Old 01-14-14, 06:11 AM
Senior Shackster

prerich

Quote:
callas01 wrote: View Post
my dream 2-ch system is one that i could actually have in the not so distant future. Dynaudio Focus 260s Naim Nait XS Integrated Amp Naim Stageline phono pre-amp VPI Traveler with Grado Reference Sonata or Dynavector 10x5 cart Eastern Electric Minimax Plus dac N.A.S. connected to a MacMini or laptop Oppo 103 as a cd transport.
how ya doing Callas01!!!! So you want to move up the dynaudio chain

Sent from my iPad using HTShack