What's playing right now ? (Include format) - Page 10 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #91 of 405 Old 05-21-14, 10:19 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Re: What's playing right now ? (Include format)

Black Crows Live Downloads Flac : Arrington Va
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 405 Old 05-25-14, 08:55 AM
Shackster

Cars
dangerous type
Flac 24/192
post #93 of 405 Old 05-28-14, 10:59 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

This is playing now:

This is next in the queue:

Lunatic Soul I & II - WAVE files on a USB drive attached to the router.

post #94 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 04:31 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Led Zep 48K sample rate Flac......Bryston BDP-1 to Bryston BDA-2... ....next Deep Purple Made in Japan sample rate 192K Flac
post #95 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 04:46 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Quote:
Bjski wrote: View Post
Led Zep 48K sample rate Flac......Bryston BDP-1 to Bryston BDA-2... ....next Deep Purple Made in Japan sample rate 192K Flac
Oooooops, it actually 96K my fault.
It actually only sounds fair.....I imagine not much an improvement over a regular CD.
post #96 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 04:58 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
Bjski wrote: View Post
Hey, another BDP-1 owner - awesome piece of kit! Hopefully, Chris will get the bugs worked out of the new version of the firmware soon - it's pretty cool.
post #97 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 05:11 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
Hey, another BDP-1 owner - awesome piece of kit! Hopefully, Chris will get the bugs worked out of the new version of the firmware soon - it's pretty cool.
I love it. In fact I have a deposit on a BDP-2......I'll get it in the fall. I'll put BDP-1 in my home theater. Waiting to see if they have DSD by then or if Chris has the bugs worked out of Manic Moose.

Have you downloaded the new firmware? I have, no problems.
post #98 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 05:16 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
My mistake again it's the newest version looney Loon.
post #99 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 05:56 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

I tried the Manic Moose beta a couple of times. I think it's going to be awesome when it works, but it rendered my BDP-1 useless the first time and very quirky the second. It was simple enough to go back to Loony Loon, which works flawlessly.

Prior to buying the BDP-1, I picked up a Marantz NA7004. The Marantz player couldn't transition between files without inserting a three second break. That was a deal breaker. The tech support guy at Marantz stated that it wasn't a firmware issue, meaning that it's a design shortcoming. Needless to say, it went back. My little Sonos can do it, so why shouldn't a higher end player? Oh well, Bryston added NAS support to the BDP's bag of tricks, so I jumped on one. I love mine too. I don't have Bryston's DAC; I'm using mine with an Audio Research DAC7 (which is no slouch).

The funny thing about my holding out for NAS support is that I quickly shifted to attached USB drives after buying the BDP-1. I guess Bryston had the right idea all along.
post #100 of 405 Old 05-29-14, 06:15 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
I tried the Manic Moose beta a couple of times. I think it's going to be awesome when it works, but it rendered my BDP-1 useless the first time and very quirky the second. It was simple enough to go back to Loony Loon, which works flawlessly. Prior to buying the BDP-1, I picked up a Marantz NA7004. The Marantz player couldn't transition between files without inserting a three second break. That was a deal breaker. The tech support guy at Marantz stated that it wasn't a firmware issue, meaning that it's a design shortcoming. Needless to say, it went back. My little Sonos can do it, so why shouldn't a higher end player? Oh well, Bryston added NAS support to the BDP's bag of tricks, so I jumped on one. I love mine too. I don't have Bryston's DAC; I'm using mine with an Audio Research DAC7 (which is no slouch). The funny thing about my holding out for NAS support is that I quickly shifted to attached USB drives after buying the BDP-1. I guess Bryston had the right idea all along.
The Audio Research is a great DAC. I went from a Theta to Bryston BDA-1 and next BDA-2. There are so many great DAC's out there. Like anyone in this hobby your always wondering what's better.

Interesting about the Marantz. Wonder how the Sony is fairing.

I have a question, do you think your Flac files sound better than the same CD played through your DAC?