Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/)
-   Two Channel Audio (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/two-channel-audio/)
-   -   What is your dream 2 channel system? (https://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/two-channel-audio/69781-what-your-dream-2-channel-system.html)

mjcmt 09-12-13 04:23 PM

What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

What is your dream 2 channel system?

Since I like small intimate listening spaces, minimal equipment, and love vinyl mine would be:

DartZeel CTH8550 integrated amp w/ phono
Evolution Accoustics MMmicro1 speakers
VPI Classic 3 turntable (cartridge to be determined)

Wardsweb 09-12-13 04:32 PM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

The one in my living room. :D

mjcmt 09-12-13 05:57 PM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Funny you! Mine is 2 channel but hardly worth mentioning, and your "My System" is multi-channel.

Wardsweb 09-12-13 08:37 PM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Quote:

mjcmt wrote: (Post 638190)
Funny you! Mine is 2 channel but hardly worth mentioning, and your "My System" is multi-channel.

My avatar is my home theater. This is my main 2-channel system.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/gall...le.php?n=12493

From the top:
Clearaudio Champion II table fitted with an SME 309 arm and Benz Micro Glider cart
Shanling CD-T1500 SACD
McIntosh C36 preamp
Music Fidelity M1DAC
PS Audio Quintessence power center

On the floor:
Shanling SP-80 mono blocks fitted with Electro Harmonix 6CA7EH output tubes
Tascam BR-20 reel to reel
DIY speakers you can read about here:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-way-horn.html

Sonnie 09-12-13 10:46 PM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Well there you go... that is my dream system. And Luther could afford to give it to me if he had any love for me at all.

Wardsweb 09-12-13 10:53 PM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Quote:

Sonnie wrote: (Post 638297)
Well there you go... that is my dream system. And Luther could afford to give it to me if he had any love for me at all.

I will be sure to add you to the list for my wife. Upon my death, she will be distributing all my gear among the list of friends.

Sonnie 09-12-13 11:04 PM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Awesome... the only problem is I don't think I will outlive you. lol

Peter Loeser 09-12-13 11:19 PM

B&W 802D with McIntosh amplification would be a good place to start.

Oh and Luther, be sure to let your wife know I'm a couple years younger than Sonnie. I live closer too :D

mjcmt 09-13-13 06:32 AM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Quote:

Wardsweb wrote: (Post 638234)
My avatar is my home theater. This is my main 2-channel system.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/gall...le.php?n=12493

From the top:
Clearaudio Champion II table fitted with an SME 309 arm and Benz Micro Glider cart
Shanling CD-T1500 SACD
McIntosh C36 preamp
Music Fidelity M1DAC
PS Audio Quintessence power center

On the floor:
Shanling SP-80 mono blocks fitted with Electro Harmonix 6CA7EH output tubes
Tascam BR-20 reel to reel
DIY speakers you can read about here:
http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-way-horn.html

Very nice system. I can see why it's your dream system.

Wardsweb 09-13-13 06:39 AM

Re: What is your dream 2 channel system?
 

Quote:

mjcmt wrote: (Post 638340)
Very nice system. I can see why it's your dream system.

Thank you. I know there are more expensive systems out there but for me better is a relative term. Audio has a law of diminishing return. The better your systems gets, the more money it takes to get noticeable improvement. So, yes there are better systems out there but for 10x or 100x the money, it isn't worth it to me. Every person must decide for themselves how good is good enough. Remember the only person who has to like your system is you. That and serenity comes not from what you have but knowing what you can live without.

Now go listen to some music, because that is what it's all about.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright ©2006 - 2019, Home Theater Shack, LLC.


vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

 


For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome