2 Channel Picture Gallery - Page 10 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #91 of 204 Old 10-20-13, 03:59 PM
Shackster

mracoustat

Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery

Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
This is really a dual purpose system, but my original objective was a stereo built around a pair of Magnepans (first 3.6s and now 3.7s). Oh, how I wish I had the room and the cash for MrAcoustat's 8800s! Anyway, while the preamp is multichannel, it is purely analog. The rack is a DIY effort. The object on the right is a clock - photo was taken at 3:19:57. Obviously, the photos weren't all taken at the same time.

the complete system, head on
Attachment 44531

from an oblique angle, revealing one of the subs (Definitive Technology SuperCube Reference)
Attachment 44532

the principle source (Bryston BDP-1) and DAC (Audio Research DAC7)
Attachment 44533

the crossover (Bryston 10B Sub), preamp (McCormack MAP1, SMc modded) and amp (VAC Phi 300.1, VAC modded)
Attachment 44534

a head on shot of the amp
Attachment 44536

the universal disc player (Marantz UD8004) and power conditioner for the digital stuff and cable box (Panamax M5300-PM)
Attachment 44535
Hi Kevin, the DIY Acoustat Spectra 8800s do not belong to me, they belong to my friend Jocelyn he is the guy that revive's the old Acoustats here in Quebec Canada, he as done many pairs he is also the man behind my all steel frame Acoustat 1+1s you may see some of his work on my Flickr photo galery if you wish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/

Chord CPM-2600 amplifier - - - Chord One cd player - - - Acoustat 1+1s speakers - - - ( 1984 )
Life without Acoustat is possible BUT i would never dare
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 204 Old 10-20-13, 04:16 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
MrAcoustat wrote: View Post
Hi Kevin, the DIY Acoustat Spectra 8800s do not belong to me, they belong to my friend Jocelyn he is the guy that revive's the old Acoustats here in Quebec Canada, he as done many pairs he is also the man behind my all steel frame Acoustat 1+1s you may see some of his work on my Flickr photo galery if you wish.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mracoustat/
The Acoustat 1+1s were the first planars I ever heard (many moons ago) and they infected me with the desire to have a pair someday. Although the only stats I've ever managed to acquire are my Stax earspeakers, I do love them. The Maggies aren't a bad compromise - pretty good, actually. In fact, Magnepan's ribbon tweeter is stunningly good! Thanks for the link - awesome stuff.

I'm with you on the MBLs (other thread), but I think I'd rather have the big Scaena system. Either way, I'd be one seriously elated guy.

Last edited by kevin360; 10-20-13 at 04:28 PM.
post #93 of 204 Old 10-21-13, 11:26 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
Kevin... that is very nice. VERY nice! Although I might would try to hide some of those wires for photos. Mine looks like a mess, but my cabinet is not nearly as big and nice, so it hides them pretty well during pics.
With the lights out, as they are whenever I listen to music or enjoy a movie (when a movie is in play, the illumination of the VAC amp is off as well), the cables are out of sight. The photo below is pretty terrible. I'm going to work on getting a decent shot in the dark. I only had one attempt at getting an 11:11:11 shot. Weirdos (nerds) like I am dig clocks like that for the many patterns they paint. I dedicated a special extension of my rack to displaying that clock. I have another one in storage for when/if it dies. I'm not sure how nice the rack is, but it suits my needs perfectly and completely. Besides, it was fun to create. Otherwise, my room is pretty simple and basic. On the plus side, it's in a separate structure (from the house) and well insulated.

lights out = no visible wires
2 Channel Picture Gallery-img_0456.jpg

post #94 of 204 Old 10-21-13, 11:41 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

You should use the glow-in-the-dark sleeves so you can see them.
post #95 of 204 Old 10-22-13, 08:07 AM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
You should use the glow-in-the-dark sleeves so you can see them.
All kidding aside, I did stare up at my ceiling last night and mull over adding 'stars'. After seeing what some folks here have done, that idea won't let go of my brain. If such a thing can be done well while being shallow enough, I have an area that's just begging for it!
post #96 of 204 Old 12-15-13, 11:15 AM
Senior Shackster

My System

New living room speakers.

Piosound Eagle electrostats replacing the Klipsch RF-5 horns.
Attached Thumbnails
2 Channel Picture Gallery-img_20131215_153311.jpg  

2 Channel Picture Gallery-43426d1375867642-2-channel-picture-gallery-rf5.jpg  

post #97 of 204 Old 12-15-13, 11:42 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System
Quote:
mikesp1 wrote: View Post
New living room speakers. Piosound Eagle electrostats replacing the Klipsch RF-5 horns.
Very nice!
post #98 of 204 Old 12-15-13, 11:54 AM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System
Unhappy Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery

Quote:
mikesp1 wrote: View Post
New living room speakers.

Piosound Eagle electrostats replacing the Klipsch RF-5 horns.
Very majestic, nice clean lines. I really like electrostats.

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~
post #99 of 204 Old 02-02-14, 06:36 AM
Shackster

Greg

Not a lot to look at, but in my 15 x 21 living room this Infinity, Denon, Technics, Toshiba combo sounds really sweet.

Home Theater: Onkyo TX-SR702 AVR, Infinity IL-60s & IL-36C, DefTech PF1500 sub, CSW The Surround 5.1 x 2, Draper Cineperm 92", LG PF1500, Behringer BFD, Sony BDP-S570, Pioneer Elite DV-49AV Universal player, Dish 622.

Stereo:Denon PMA-630 integrated amp, Technics SL-1300 turntable, Shure M97xE cartridge, Toshiba SD-4960 universal player, Infinity Overture 3 speakers.
post #100 of 204 Old 02-02-14, 08:27 AM
Elite Shackster

Jack

My System

Hey there Goatfarmer, looks fine to me, its not the looks that make it work, it is the guts and heart of the system that will shine through. Although the fact that it looks good and makes you happy puts it over the top. From one Southern Indiana guy with no goats to another with goats, glad you enjoy it,

Good Listening

Jack

"For those who believe no proof is needed for those who don't believe no proof is possible"
Closed Thread