2 Channel Picture Gallery - Page 12 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #111 of 204 Old 02-07-14, 08:33 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery

Wow, that is simply spectacular!
Would you happen to have a photo from the speakers back to the seats?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #112 of 204 Old 02-07-14, 08:41 PM
Elite Shackster

Brandon

My System
Very impressive those speakers look gorgeous
post #113 of 204 Old 02-07-14, 09:13 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

And I thought I had a lot of treatment. Some particular guys in another forum would say you are crazier than me for setting up a two-channel system in a room treated for home theater. What they failed to realize is that I added extra treatment for two-channel, not home theater. Of course they did admit they were snobs (their words, not mine). Can I just simply agree, at least that they just don't get it.

Very nice Peter... very nice indeed!

Those SVS subs are fine little subs too. My room is slightly larger and I only used one when I had it setup, want two now. I think I am going all out with a pair of the SB13's.

post #114 of 204 Old 02-07-14, 11:41 PM
Shackster

Peter

Quote:
Bob in St. Louis wrote: View Post
Wow, that is simply spectacular!
Would you happen to have a photo from the speakers back to the seats?

Hi, yes have spme...
Attached Thumbnails
2 Channel Picture Gallery-4a8d21f78b710bf5b6fd3831643c7526.jpg  

2 Channel Picture Gallery-e5b5c75c2841322d9c263f0fcf61d739.jpg  

post #115 of 204 Old 02-07-14, 11:54 PM
Shackster

Peter

Quote:
B- one wrote: View Post
Very impressive those speakers look gorgeous
Yes, the funny thing is, they sound really good too. I`ve had quite a few speakers the last 10 years of so, always getteing new ones in the house ( I\ve bought second hand ) because I never get satisfied with the sound i had. There this company from France came with a beautiful speaker the Tringle Celius 202 and I eas hooked. I hvae tried different brands of speakers therafter, but always endid up with Triangle`s Magellan Chello is the smalles floorstand speaker in they`re best line.

I dont know If anyone has heard Triangle before, but if you like acoustic music, rock`n Roll or vocal music, you really should lend your ears to these speakers.

Mix them up with valve or hybrid amplifiers and it is a match made in heaven....
post #116 of 204 Old 02-08-14, 12:06 AM
Shackster

Peter

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post
And I thought I had a lot of treatment. Some particular guys in another forum would say you are crazier than me for setting up a two-channel system in a room treated for home theater. What they failed to realize is that I added extra treatment for two-channel, not home theater. Of course they did admit they were snobs (their words, not mine). Can I just simply agree, at least that they just don't get it.

Very nice Peter... very nice indeed!

Those SVS subs are fine little subs too. My room is slightly larger and I only used one when I had it setup, want two now. I think I am going all out with a pair of the SB13's.
Hehe. Theres al lot of treatment and panels. But how shall I put it, the room is a little bit softend up. When you walk into the room while talking. You realize that in the music room your voice doesen stay n the room as long as i does outside. The sound is shortend up. But there is still lot of life in the room, espessaly since i don`t have a carpet on thefloor.

There is so mucth difference between no damping/treatment to some treatment but it has to be placed in the right place, and use the right type Every one of these panels has been placed with the help of REW so every one of these os meassured.

To finish off the room, with speaker, sub, sweetspot acoustic treatment has taken me about 250 hours. But I`m glad I was abel to finish what I started.. Now I really like spending time here, and so does the girlfriend.
post #117 of 204 Old 02-08-14, 03:34 AM
Senior Shackster

Mike

My System

Very nice looking rig/room there.

Many hours of pleasure in that space I bet.

Congrats!
post #118 of 204 Old 02-08-14, 07:53 AM
Senior Shackster

Bob

More great photos, thank you! That room looks very comfortable.
I agree 100% with what Sonny said. My room is very heavily treated as well.
I recommend it highly.

Rock on men.

post #119 of 204 Old 02-12-14, 04:56 AM
Shackster

Peter

Quote:
Sonnie wrote: View Post

A friend of mine uses 2xsb13 ultra in his room. He has a room where he want to have best sound for both cinema and hifi. His room is about

500cm by 400cm and with his subs and Dali Helicon 400mk2 he gets a stunning 105db easy all the way down. We tied my Sb12nsd in his room. And the sound was equal, the meassurments was very much alike. But the SB13 Ultra had more DB/headroom.

The strange thing was when we tride his subs and mine at the same time... He then got 9db ekstra sound, an we only used about 1minute to integrate my subs and his...

He now wants 2 more of the Sb13...
post #120 of 204 Old 02-13-14, 11:41 PM
Senior Shackster

My System

Quote:
Bowers wrote: View Post
A friend of mine uses 2xsb13 ultra in his room. He has a room where he want to have best sound for both cinema and hifi. His room is about

500cm by 400cm and with his subs and Dali Helicon 400mk2 he gets a stunning 105db easy all the way down. We tied my Sb12nsd in his room. And the sound was equal, the meassurments was very much alike. But the SB13 Ultra had more DB/headroom.

The strange thing was when we tride his subs and mine at the same time... He then got 9db ekstra sound, an we only used about 1minute to integrate my subs and his...

He now wants 2 more of the Sb13...
Do you keep your subs on ALL THE TIME or do you sometimes turn them off if they get in the way? I'm guessing you are running them at 2 different levels for music and HT.
Closed Thread