2 Channel Picture Gallery - Page 15 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes

post #141 of 204 Old 06-21-14, 12:11 AM
Shackster

Quote:
Bjski wrote: View Post
My 2 channel stuck in the basement. Nothing like having the Legacy Aeris speakers. You can adjust to what sound you prefer.The home theater is upstairs.
Wao! Those are the gods of audio. Great setup right there. Are those three mono blocks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #142 of 204 Old 06-21-14, 09:44 AM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery

Quote:
fiezdude wrote: View Post
Wao! Those are the gods of audio. Great setup right there. Are those three mono blocks?
Those are 2 Bryston 7BSST/2. The one in the back is a Bryston Bit-20. It's a 20 amp power conditioner. The Bryston 7's are coasting. The Legacy speaker's have 2, 500 watt amp's per side for the woofer's. The Bryston's are ratted at least 900 watts 4 ohm's and the speakers are 95db 1 watt at 4 ohms.
post #143 of 204 Old 06-21-14, 04:59 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
My 2 channel stuck in the basement. Nothing like having the Legacy Aeris speakers. You can adjust to what sound you prefer.The home theater is upstairs.
My, oh my! That is quite a splendid 2 channel system that's 'stuck in the basement'! That photo also clarified the 'ski' part of your moniker - must be you in the photos of someone skiing. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to post something besides a cellphone photo (I'm assuming) - or play with the lighting to capture things better with the cellphone's camera. The beauty of (especially) the speakers just isn't being properly conveyed. Since I know how beautiful they are to behold, both visually and aurally, I can fill-in the missing detail. Others may not be able to appreciate what a work of art those Aeris speakers are (without the help of Google).

The ST2 series amps are fabulous, as are the rest of those Bryston pieces. Topping it off with the BAT preamp is an interesting choice - that I bet works a treat.

I have a couple Bryston pieces - the BDP-1 and a 10B Sub XO. A week ago, I moved my speakers into an arrangement that I hadn't tried before - and fell in love (all over again). It's a setup that violates a few of what I took to be rules, but it produces stunning results. Planars are interesting beasts - work in so many different arrangements, but this one produces the best imaging I've ever heard from a stereo system. The tweeter ribbons are to the inside of the room and are 35" off the side walls with the speakers absolutely perpendicular to those walls.

These aren't great photos either - hard to see to focus and I didn't bracket enough (getting old is so much fun, but it does have some advantages).
Attached Thumbnails
2 Channel Picture Gallery-img_0978.jpg  

2 Channel Picture Gallery-img_0965.jpg  

post #144 of 204 Old 06-21-14, 06:17 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Quote:
kevin360 wrote: View Post
My, oh my! That is quite a splendid 2 channel system that's 'stuck in the basement'! That photo also clarified the 'ski' part of your moniker - must be you in the photos of someone skiing. Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to post something besides a cellphone photo (I'm assuming) - or play with the lighting to capture things better with the cellphone's camera. The beauty of (especially) the speakers just isn't being properly conveyed. Since I know how beautiful they are to behold, both visually and aurally, I can fill-in the missing detail. Others may not be able to appreciate what a work of art those Aeris speakers are (without the help of Google). The ST2 series amps are fabulous, as are the rest of those Bryston pieces. Topping it off with the BAT preamp is an interesting choice - that I bet works a treat. I have a couple Bryston pieces - the BDP-1 and a 10B Sub XO. A week ago, I moved my speakers into an arrangement that I hadn't tried before - and fell in love (all over again). It's a setup that violates a few of what I took to be rules, but it produces stunning results. Planars are interesting beasts - work in so many f the different arrangements, but this one produces the best imaging I've ever heard from a stereo system. The tweeter ribbons are to the inside of the room and are 35" off the side walls with the speakers absolutely perpendicular to those walls. These aren't great photos either - hard to see to focus and I didn't bracket enough (getting old is so much fun, but it does have some advantages).
Having a couple of Martini's right about now. I am not taking this the wrong way but actually laughing! I took the photo's with a Nikon camera with a 28-150 zoom lens. Part of the problem is me and the dungeon. I had to transfer to a lower resolution when I posted the photo's. I also didn't take the photo's to show off the system more for Insurance. Big mistake is I didn't include the headphones.

I have a deposit on a BDP-2. I'll move the BDP-1 to the home theater system. I originally went with the black with the BDA-1 and the BDP-1 because of the Bat preamp, Silver and Black. When I decided to move to the BDA-2 I went with the silver. When I finalize the order on the BDP-2 I'll go with silver.

I love this hobby but it definitely it hurts the wallet. I'm thinking of upgrading the Bat 32SE to the 33SE. I also have a credit with Legacy so I'm also thinking of getting the Legacy Extreme subwoofer. Decision's, Decision's.

You have a great room. As I said before once I move I'll have a better dedicated 2 channel room. Not sure that I mention I had Infinity IRS Epsilon which were mostly planar. One of the reason's I went with the Legacy's. Hopefully one day my room will look like yours! Great Job!

Getty old has certain advantages.LOL! I think I might take youth because I was 16 when I started the quest. LOL!
Cheers
post #145 of 204 Old 06-21-14, 10:21 PM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

I think I was 11 or 12. It was around that age when I earned a red rump in the pursuit of an audio objective. Much to my mother's displeasure, I turned a nightstand into a turntable plinth for a Perpetuum Ebner PE2040. I thought it was really cool. The diametrically opposed nature of her opinion became clear to me, but it was a small price to pay. I cut grass to earn the table with a broken plinth from a nice neighbor. I bought my first pair of 'real' speakers from Radio Shack because they financed - yes, the same mother who introduced a belt to my rear over the nightstand co-signed a finance agreement for my speakers. Of course, that was the preface to her repeated cries, "Turn that noise down!"

Ah, youth was fun. Music got its hooks in me early and I think I was born with an affinity for gadgets. It was a long road to here. I'm quite happy with here. Looking back, however, I don't remember a time when it wasn't fun - when I didn't enjoy it.

The theater build threads on this site have lots of amazing spaces. Comparatively, mine is minimalist, bland and 'in your face' with the gear. It hardly matters as it's usually pretty dark in the room. I'm more into the stereo than the home theater anyway, but mine is a dual purpose system. It's fun to see all of the audio systems folks have put together in this thread - great stuff!

---

The resolution reduction always seems to make my less than stellar photos even blurrier. I tried my son's camera with a wide angle lens, but I couldn't get anything worth seeing. I think the lens on my camera covers the same range as yours. I usually bracket the (expletive deleted) out of each shot - hoping one of them will be focused properly (and I don't know which one it is until I transfer them to a PC - can't tell a thing from the display on the camera). I wear glasses at times - usually, I don't really need to bother. I couldn't put contacts on my eyes if my life depended on it.

---

Legacy's Extreme sub is properly named - never heard it, but wow! Is the 33SE much of a step up from your 32SE? I know what the BDP-2 has over the BDP-1 - it was released a couple of months after I bought my BDP-1, which still suits my needs...although...

Last edited by kevin360; 06-23-14 at 07:34 AM.
post #146 of 204 Old 06-23-14, 06:27 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Quote:
I think I was 11 or 12. It was around that age when I earned a red rump in the pursuit of an audio objective. Much to my mother's displeasure, I turned a nightstand into a turntable plinth for a Perpetuum Ebner PE2040. I thought it was really cool. The diametrically opposed nature of her opinion became clear to me, but it was a small price to pay. I cut grass to earn the table with a broken plinth from a nice neighbor. I bought my first pair of 'real' speakers from Radio Shack because they financed - yes, the same mother who introduced a belt to my rear over the nightstand co-signed a finance agreement for my speakers. Of course, that was the preface to her repeated cries, "Turn that noise down!" Ah, youth was fun. Music got its hooks in me early and I think I was born with an affinity for gadgets. It was a long road to here. I'm quite happy with here. Looking back, however, I don't remember a time when it wasn't fun - when I didn't enjoy it. The theater build threads on this site have lots of amazing spaces. Comparatively, mine is minimalist, bland and 'in your face' with the gear. It hardly matters as it's usually pretty dark in the room. I'm more into the stereo than the home theater anyway, but mine is a dual purpose system. It's fun to see all of the audio systems folks have put together in this thread - great stuff! --- The resolution reduction always seems to make my less than stellar photos even blurrier. I tried my son's camera with a wide angle lens, but I couldn't get anything worthy irate seeing. I think the lens on my camera covers the same range as yours. I usually bracket the (expletive deleted) out of each shot - hoping one of them will be focused properly (and I don't know which one it is until I transfer them to a PC - can't tell a thing from the display on the camera). I wear glasses at times - usually, I don't really need to bother. I couldn't put contacts on my eyes if my life depended on it. --- Legacy's Extreme sub is properly named - never heard it, but wow! Is the 33SE much of a step up from your 32SE? I know what the BDP-2 has over the BDP-1 - it was released a couple of months after I bought my BDP-1, which still suits my needs...although...
My first system was my brothers old Lafayette intergraded amp. I purchased Utah speaker's to go with the Lafayette because they had a 12 inch woofer. LOL! I also saved from cutting grass and bought a Fisher receiver, Rectilinear speakers, Thorns TT with a Shure M95. That was the start. College was great because of the parties we would throw. Funny because everybody had a decent stereo then......kinda even a competition. We would combine some of these system together for our parties. The sound was all about impact and making sure no beer got on the records and equipment. Funny because some of the systems out there now are still all about impact.

You have a fantastic room. I would want that equipment in my face and isn't the best sound with the lights out? I also prefer 2 channel.

I have to laugh but I had bi-lateral cornea transplant and the only way I can see is with hard contacts. So the contacts go in and the readers are on.

I figure I can move the BDP-1 to the home theater system. During an email exchange with JT he suggested the BDP-2 sounds better. I'll be getting the BDP-2 soon.As of now it would be only 1 Extreme subwoofer and I'm not sure how much better the Bat33SE would sound.
post #147 of 204 Old 06-24-14, 08:59 AM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
My first system was my brothers old Lafayette intergraded amp. I purchased Utah speaker's to go with the Lafayette because they had a 12 inch woofer. LOL! I also saved from cutting grass and bought a Fisher receiver, Rectilinear speakers, Thorns TT with a Shure M95. That was the start. College was great because of the parties we would throw. Funny because everybody had a decent stereo then......kinda even a competition. We would combine some of these system together for our parties. The sound was all about impact and making sure no beer got on the records and equipment. Funny because some of the systems out there now are still all about impact.
The latter part sounds awfully familiar. It's fun to read the stories about how others got started.

My journey truly began before I turned 10. My parents went out of town, leaving me with the neighbors across the street. Their son was about 7-8 years older than I, and he had the basement as his lair. I'd never seen a stereo system like he had, nor had I heard the music that he played for me. I was in awe. I was in love. I knew right then and there that I had to get one of those for myself...and so the journey began...with a Garrard Masterwork portable record player.

Quote:
I have to laugh but I had bi-lateral cornea transplant and the only way I can see is with hard contacts. So the contacts go in and the readers are on.
It's good that you can laugh about such a thing. I imagine that was/is 'fun'. (Read this in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.) Still, could be worse. I have, thus far, been incredibly fortunate. Yet, somehow, I find it possible to gripe when I put on my glasses - in a grumpy old man (and I'm not old yet), sort of way.

Quote:
I figure I can move the BDP-1 to the home theater system. During an email exchange with JT he suggested the BDP-2 sounds better. I'll be getting the BDP-2 soon.As of now it would be only 1 Extreme subwoofer and I'm not sure how much better the Bat33SE would sound.
I'm interested in your impression of the BDP-2. It has a few tricks up its sleeve which the BDP-1 lacks. I love how you say, "...only 1 Extreme subwoofer..." That's kind of like saying, "I only have one billion dollars." You already have a pair of subwoofers built into your main speakers - each comprised of a pair of 12" drivers. In full regalia, the Xtreme is quite beautiful, as well as potent. I won't be playing any sad violin music in recognition of your plight.
post #148 of 204 Old 06-24-14, 09:47 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System
Quote:
The latter part sounds awfully familiar. It's fun to read the stories about how others got started. My journey truly began before I turned 10. My parents went out of town, leaving me with the neighbors across the street. Their son was about 7-8 years older than I, and he had the basement as his lair. I'd never seen a stereo system like he had, nor had I heard the music that he played for me. I was in awe. I was in love. I knew right then and there that I had to get one of those for myself...and so the journey began...with a Garrard Masterwork portable record player. It's good that you can laugh about such a thing. I imagine that was/is 'fun'. (Read this in Jeremy Clarkson's voice.) Still, could be worse. I have, thus far, been incredibly fortunate. Yet, somehow, I find it possible to gripe when I put on my glasses - in a grumpy old man (and I'm not old yet), sort of way. I'm interested in your impression of the BDP-2. It has a few tricks up its sleeve which the BDP-1 lacks. I love how you say, "...only 1 Extreme subwoofer..." That's kind of like saying, "I only have one billion dollars." You already have a pair of subwoofers built into your main speakers - each comprised of a pair of 12" drivers. In full regalia, the Xtreme is quite beautiful, as well as potent. I won't be playing any sad violin music in recognition of your plight.
If I had a billion dollars I would get 2 Extreme subwoofers. LOL!

Physically I'm the 6 million dollar man......kinda getting sick of it. Today I learned I need an MRI of my brain. Maybe to much RFI. LOL!
post #149 of 204 Old 07-04-14, 08:20 AM
Senior Shackster

Kevin

My System

Quote:
If I had a billion dollars I would get 2 Extreme subwoofers. LOL!

Physically I'm the 6 million dollar man......kinda getting sick of it. Today I learned I need an MRI of my brain. Maybe to much RFI. LOL!
I didn't mean to ignore this - just couldn't quite figure out how to respond. I can imagine that physical repairs would get very old very quickly. So far, I've been extremely fortunate on that front, but as I progress through my mid-50s, I'm becoming increasingly aware of the ravages of time (and the damage that I've done to myself over its course). Of course, nothing is worse for us than stress and how many of us haven't lived with chronic stress? Cortisol is one massively destructive hormone when it's secreted chronically.

If you don't mind my asking, why was the brain MRI recommended?
post #150 of 204 Old 07-04-14, 12:36 PM
Senior Shackster

BJ

My System

MRI yesterday now waiting for results which won't be till Monday.
Closed Thread