2 Channel Picture Gallery - Page 20 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

3Likes
Closed Thread

post #191 of 204 Old 10-23-15, 06:51 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System
Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery

I can only imagine how sweet it is to the ears. It certainly is easy on the eyes. Ear and eye candy in one!
Love those lighted equipment platforms.

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 204 Old 10-23-15, 03:49 PM
Senior Shackster

Quote:
Wardsweb wrote: View Post
It has been years since I posted in this thread. All my systems have changed somewhat. Here is the latest for my main 2-channel system.
Very nice.
post #193 of 204 Old 11-06-15, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

My room as of late 2015.

2 Channel Picture Gallery-living-room-2015.jpg

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks

post #194 of 204 Old 11-06-15, 08:35 AM
Elite Shackster

Lou

My System

Nice work! Looks like a carefully planned and sonically logical fit into a what seems to be a challenging space.

I try to be as good as my dog thinks I am

post #195 of 204 Old 11-06-15, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System

Quote:
Lumen wrote: View Post
Nice work! Looks like a carefully planned and sonically logical fit into a what seems to be a challenging space.
Thanks, Lou. My room is very challenging, but I have managed to get decent imaging and fairly flat room response with only a single cut @ 35 Hz using the sub amp parametric EQ. My Trinnov DSP is not being used.

Recently took this system into surround sound (5.1), but am still using it for 2 channel music listening 99% of the time, or better. Next evolutionary steps will likely be an Emotiva XMC-1 for the Dirac Live capability (You can't tailor Trinnov, which why I am not using it. Just sounds better without it.), some treatments to help bring the room symmetry, and possibly bass traps.

Oh, and an OPPO universal player, swap out my Emotiva XPA-3 for an XPA-5, or possibly add a pair of XPA-1L monoblocks, build out my third 18" subwoofer, and, and, and...

It is a never ending story. Here is where this room was 7 short years ago, and there have been 3 other full systems in the room following this one.

2 Channel Picture Gallery-room-2008.jpg

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." - Bill Hicks
post #196 of 204 Old 01-30-16, 08:43 PM
Shackster
Couchy

Re: 2 Channel Picture Gallery Altec 605's in custom cabinets

These sit in my theatre room and have phenomenal sound !!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
2 Channel Picture Gallery-20151107_000318.jpg  

2 Channel Picture Gallery-20151107_000509.jpg  

post #197 of 204 Old 02-27-16, 08:07 PM
Shackster

My System

Quote:
tesseract wrote: View Post
My room as of late 2015
Been following your rig for a bit and love it. Love the room, diggin the L/R speakers (not sure why there's a center speaker in a 2 channel system?), the subwoofers look ruthless wow and the furniture seems comfy but please ditch the cheap Emotiva junk. You have all this good gear and you cheap out big time on what powers and controls all of it. Totally counter productive and short sighted. Yeah we all like to save a buck but c'mon.

Last edited by TheHills44060; 02-27-16 at 08:07 PM. Reason: clean format
post #198 of 204 Old 02-27-16, 09:21 PM
Senior Shackster

Bob

Quote:
TheHills44060 wrote: View Post
Been following your rig for a bit and love it. Love the room, diggin the L/R speakers (not sure why there's a center speaker in a 2 channel system?), the subwoofers look ruthless wow and the furniture seems comfy but please ditch the cheap Emotiva junk. You have all this good gear and you cheap out big time on what powers and controls all of it. Totally counter productive and short sighted. Yeah we all like to save a buck but c'mon.
I'm not sure you made yourself clear on that one. Please tell us how you really feel.

post #199 of 204 Old 03-03-16, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

2 channel view

My System
Quote:
TheHills44060 wrote: View Post
Thanks for the complements.

I was using a Sherwood/Newcastle R972 as a pre/pro, and recently swapped it out for... an Emotiva XMC-1, adding an XPA-2 Gen 2 for the mains, letting the XPA-3 Gen 2 handle center and surrounds.

About the center channel. There are surrounds, too, but it is a 99% music system, the surround and HDTV rarely come on. The difference the Dirac enabled XMC-1 makes overshadows any small differences between capable amplifiers. Dirac is like oxygen to me, and much more user friendly than the Trinnov enabled Newcastle.

Initially I preferred to try a Parasound Halo A21 or Odyssey Stratos for my mains, but couldn't justify the expense over choosing Dirac. My amplifier decision was further aided by our findings in this ABX amp evaluation. I have no regrets... and I still have the Exposure 2010S to play with.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...on-thread.html

post #200 of 204 Old 03-13-16, 09:29 AM
Elite Shackster

Luther

My System

Here is the latest setup in my back room. It is a combination of new, old, vintage and DIY. I made the turntable, amplifier, linestage and horns,

~There are many roads to nirvana, while the ultimate goal is the destination, don't forget to enjoy the ride~
Closed Thread