ChromaPure 3.0 Announced - Page 3 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #21 of 25 Old 05-06-16, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Re: ChromaPure 3.0 Announced

ChromaPure 3.0.8 is now available for download. It is free for license v3 users.

This is a small release that addresses some workflow issues and adds support for a new JETI spectroradiometer.

New Features

Added support for the JETI 1501 spectroradiometer.

Improvements

Enhanced support for JETI 1211.
Added user selectable wait times between generated test patterns.

Explanation: Some displays require some extra time to settle in after switching test patterns. This option allows to user to increase the default wait time. This feature is set to zero by default and should only be used in special cases when explicitly needed.

Added support for signal generator intensity in session files.

Explanation: If the user saves a calx file after taking measurements with a 75% intensity, then changes to 100% intensity (or vice-versa), continues to work, and then loads the saved calx file, reporting and dE calculation will be incorrect because they will be based on the currently-selected intensity, rather than the intensity used when the file was saved. With this build the intensity is saved in the calx file and restored when loaded.

The measurement order in the Gamma module is now high to low.

For those using a signal generator, when switching between modules the test pattern now updates to reflect whatever color is selected in the active module.

Bug Fixes

The data recovery feature was not working properly and could result in loss of data after a bad shutdown. This has been fixed.

Known Issues

Switching rapidly between already-open modules using the navigation toolbar can result in a benign null fatal exception. Switching more slowly or using the tabs for navigation avoids this issue.

Please use DVDO Duo auto-cal with 100% intensity test patterns only. Support for 75% patterns will be restored in 3.1 when auto-cal in general will receive a substantial refresh.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Software: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
Video Processors: eeColor 3D LUT Box, Darbee DVP-5000 - Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1Display PRO, Chroma 5 PRO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 Old 12-19-16, 06:23 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ChromaPure 3.1 Announced!

ChromaPure 3.1 is a major release. The software was largely re-written on a new platform.

ChromaPure 3.1 is free for 3.x users, it will be available for download within the next 24 hours.

You can read the Release Notes on CP News page.

You can also view a couple of video demos highlighting some of the changes.

ChromaPure 3.1 User Interface

HDR Calibration

A new user manual will be available later this week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Software: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
Video Processors: eeColor 3D LUT Box, Darbee DVP-5000 - Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1Display PRO, Chroma 5 PRO
post #23 of 25 Old 01-23-18, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ChromaPure 3.1.8 is now available for download. It is free for license v3 users.

New Features

Added support for Lumagen Pro LUT HDR/2020 Auto-calibration.

Added white pattern insertion between test patterns. This mitigates the tendency of some displays to lose luminance when screen content is insufficiently dynamic.

Added RGB/Gamma chart to Raw Data module. This allows users to perform gamma/grayscale calibration for a user-customized test patterns (e.g., LG OLEDs).

Enhancements

Lowered luminance requirement for HDR10 - Projector to accommodate more projectors.

Added options for 709, SDR2020, and HDR2020 to Color Space selector on Lumagen Pro setup.

Added luminance, saturation, and gamma information to bottom of screen.

Added information about Reference Gamut, Target Gamma, and Color Intensity to Custom Report.

Improved method for DVDO Duo grayscale auto-calibrate.

Added information about Meter Correction to exported data.

Created reports for HDR calibrations.

post #24 of 25 Old 02-16-18, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ChromaPure 3.1.9 Beta 2 is now available for download. It is free for license v3 users.

Release Notes

This preview of 3.1.9 significantly improves Rec. 709 advanced auto-cal for both Lumagen and Lumagen Pro, especially on displays with many out-of-gamut colors.

It also simplifies running reports after an advanced auto-cal session.

post #25 of 25 Old 03-26-18, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

ChromaPure 3.1.9 is now available for download. It is free for license v3 users.

New Features

This release adds a new Spectrum module that displays the raw spectrum that is returned from a spectroradiometer and displays on a chart.

Currently, this feature supports the following devices:
- X-Rite i1Pro/i1Pro 2
- JETI 1201/1211/1501/1511
- Colorimetry Research CR-250/CR-300

We have added support for laser projectors for our Display 3 PRO meter.

Enhancements

This release adds a Dark Reading button to the i1Pro setup. After the initial dark reading for an i1Pro 2 subsequent dark readings are not generally necessary. However, for the i1Pro periodic dark readings are advisable.

Bug Fixes

The following issues have been fixed.

In HDR mode the 100% saturation versions of the tertiary colors would return a NaN for the dE value.

The Meter Correction feature would be vertically cropped on 1366 x 768 laptop displays.