LightSpace DPS (up to 21-Point Cube 9.261 Colors Free Display Check Version) - Page 5 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #41 of 58 Old 07-08-17, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Re: LightSpace DPS (up to 21-Point Cube 9.261 Colors Free Display Check Version)

LightSpace CMS 8.0.0.2625 (08 July 2017) has been released.

As is usual for Light Illusion's continued development process for LightSpace CMS a raft of new developments have been released.

Release Notes

Fixed issue with Java App introduced in last update.

Corrected RGB Bars Widget when using BT1886 colour space.

Added BMD cameras to camera options.

Download Link

Note: All LightSpace related guides which are available online has been updated to reflect changes the latest released version of LightSpace introduced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Software: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
Video Processors: eeColor 3D LUT Box, Darbee DVP-5000 - Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1Display PRO, Chroma 5 PRO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 58 Old 08-01-17, 04:36 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Re: LightSpace DPS (up to 21-Point Cube 9.261 Colors Free Display Check Version)

LightSpace CMS 8.0.0.2640 (01 August 2017) has been released.

As is usual for Light Illusion's continued development process for LightSpace CMS a raft of new developments have been released.

Release Notes

This is a quick fix the main issues with the new ‘Patch Scale’ function earlier build introduced.

All is not yet fully correct, but the outstanding issues will not cause users problems.

A complete fix will follow the next days.

Download Link

Note: All LightSpace related guides which are available online has been updated to reflect changes the latest released version of LightSpace introduced.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.

Software: LightSpace CMS, SpaceMan ICC, SpaceMatch DCM, CalMAN 5, CalMAN RGB, ChromaPure, ControlCAL
Video Processors: eeColor 3D LUT Box, Darbee DVP-5000 - Pattern Generator: DVDO AVLab TPG
Meters: JETI Specbos 1211, Klein K-10A, i1PRO2, i1PRO, SpectraCAL C6, i1Display PRO, Chroma 5 PRO
post #43 of 58 Old 08-02-17, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

LightSpace CMS 8.0.0.2643 (02 August 2017) has been released.

Release Notes

This release is including the complete fix/changes for the new ‘Patch Scale’ function.

Download Link

post #44 of 58 Old 08-15-17, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

LightSpace CMS 8.0.1.2662 (14 August 2017) has been released.

Release Notes

Added correct Icon for Uninstaller.

Increased i1D3 Integration Time to max 6 seconds.

Changed functionality for ‘Stimulus Level’ filter in CIE charts.

Added ‘Clip’ graph, to be used in conjunction with the Gamma graphs. What the graph shows is the 'rate of change' for each grey scale point, which in turn means showing when the tangent of a point has deviated from the expected value. It should be viewed in conjunction with the Gamma and DifGamma graphs.

Added ‘Drift’ graph accessible via ‘Manage Colour Spaces/Display’. The Drift tab shows just the 'Drift' patches held within a profile, enabling display/probe drift over time to be assessed.

Download Link

post #45 of 58 Old 08-24-17, 03:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

LightSpace CMS 8.0.1.2673 (23 August 2017) has been released.

Release Notes

Changed functionality for ‘Stimulus Level’ filter in CIE charts and changed to ‘Luma Levels’.

New ‘Map Space’ LUT generation option.

Improved Fit Space (was Fit Chroma) LUT generation option.

Download Link

post #46 of 58 Old 09-11-17, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

LightSpace CMS 8.0.1.2687 (07 September 2017) has been released.

Release Notes

Changed functionality for ‘Stimulus Level’ filter in CIE charts and changed to ‘Luma Levels’.

Additions to 'Custom Filters', with pre-population of selected standard filters

Save and persist selected Patch Size in Network Manager

Added Convert Colour Space 'Colour Space' and 'Camera' features to LUTs+ license

Changed i1D3 sync mode info

Added re-start after initial licensing to guarantee license enabled

Fixed LUT generation issue with Map/Fit Space and Hybrid profiles

Fixed hang with Map/Fit Space with profiles with non-monotonic data

Download Link

For X-Rite i1Display PRO users, the new names of Sync Modes are explained here.

Last edited by ConnecTED; 09-12-17 at 03:19 AM.
post #47 of 58 Old 09-25-17, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

LightSpace CMS 8.0.1.2696 (22 September 2017) has been released.

Release Notes

Added ‘Intelligent Integration’ for i1D3 probe.

Fixed BT1886 operation with Fit/Map Space.

Download Link

post #48 of 58 Old 01-12-18, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

There as an Alpha version available by request.

Steve Shaw has posted about this here.

''We have a new Alpha version of LightSpace available for the new Gen3 colour engine.

We have one addition/change to make, which will improve black/near blacks.

(The improvements in the Gen3 Engine have highlighted an issue with the way near backs are handled, which the older Gen2 engine masked.)

That will be re-developed for the final release - of which there may be a 'Beta' version prior to release.''

post #49 of 58 Old 01-23-18, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

We have an update from Steve Shaw:

''Another update, with some background information.

We have been working on the new Gen3 Colour Engine for some months - nearly a year in total.
When we announced the work we were of the view were were a few weeks away from a final release.
However, the improvements made at that time have further revealed additional areas of potential improvement, which in turn have revealed yet more areas for improvement... a cyclical process of increasing improvements!

We have been working hard on those additional areas since our first announcement of the Gen3 engine.

Right now, we have a new Alpha available that is extremely close to a final release.
We have some small additional changes still to be made, but this is now virtually finalised.

As always, send a request for access to this new Alpha.

Steve''

post #50 of 58 Old 01-31-18, 05:58 AM Thread Starter
Senior Shackster

Steve Shaw has just posted an update about the status of development for the new Gen3 engine here.

''Hopefully, this will be the last 'update' before we fully release the new Gen3 Colour Engine!

This has been a lot more work that originally expected, as every time we made improvements in the calibration results, another area for improvement was revealed. And we have no intention of leaving anything that could compromise the final results.

Basically, each individual improvement revealed other areas where the results were potentially less than optimal, but were being masked by the previous areas of less than perfect results.

And yet, all independent tests show the existing LightSpace Colour Engine is more accurate than alternative calibration systems...

To define all the different areas where improvements were possible we had to develop a totally new set of 'stress tests' for calibration processing, which included writing new tools to assess each and every step in the process... that has been a lot of work in itself, and required the development of new software tools, as well as synthetic generators to mimic different display issues.

I am presently testing a new Alpha, provided by the dev. team last night.

This does look like a serious candidate for full release.

Steve
''