Ps4 - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 89 Old 02-21-13, 04:33 PM
Senior Shackster
steve1616

Re: Ps4

Quote:
JBrax wrote: View Post
From their cloud service yes but the physical disc no. That's what I read anyway.
That is exactly the way I read it, also. It says that the PS4 doesn't have native compatibility, but the cloud service makes it compatible with everything. I think this is a win, except if it costs people from being able to share games. I remember when I was younger, a friend would bring over a game and I would like it and buy it. I have heard that games may or may not be licensed to a single ps4. Times have changed, and I usually just go rent the game from redbox before I buy it now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 89 Old 02-21-13, 08:39 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
steve1616 wrote: View Post
I have heard that games may or may not be licensed to a single ps4. Times have changed, and I usually just go rent the game from redbox before I buy it now.
Exactly, how will single license games effect the game rental business??

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #13 of 89 Old 02-21-13, 11:10 PM
Shackster

Sony released that the ps4 will not block used games. 4k media playback will be possible for photo and video only, no 4k games. Some people are bummed about that but I don't think it's a bad thing. Games running native 1080p at 60fps with all the new power is gonna be a solid upgrade. Most games now run native sub hd up converted by the system. Psn purchases won't be carried over and no backwards compatibility. As a long time console gamer, I'm very much looking forward to adding this and the next Xbox to my setup

post #14 of 89 Old 02-21-13, 11:56 PM
Senior Shackster
steve1616

I figured they wouldn't block used games since that market also helps boost sales in general and total profit for Sony. This entire concept did give me an idea about how to make awesome video games with hardware just the same way as most mapping services provide my desktop pc for my business.
post #15 of 89 Old 02-22-13, 03:27 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

Quote:
beefo wrote: View Post
Sony released that the ps4 will not block used games. 4k media playback will be possible for photo and video only, no 4k games.
Can you point me toward the article that says it will be 4K playback?? Is it 4K upconvert or 4k passthrough?

Home Theater System Denon AVR4520CI, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 2, Polk CSi A6 Center, Polk RTi A9 Front, Polk RTi A7 Front Wide, Polk RTi A1 Front Height, Polk FXi A6 Side, Polk RTi A3 Rear, SVS PB12-NSD x2 Front, SVS PC12-NSD x2 Rear, Panasonic PT-AE7000U, Visual Apex CineWhite 100" Screen, PS4, Dish Hopper, Darbee Darblet DVP 5000.My Home Theater Build
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 signatures.
post #16 of 89 Old 02-22-13, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
post #17 of 89 Old 02-23-13, 10:42 AM
Shackster

Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post

Can you point me toward the article that says it will be 4K playback?? Is it 4K upconvert or 4k passthrough?

Sorry dude, i tried to post the link from ign but im so new it wouldnt let me yet. They haven't really stated if it will just be 4k streaming capabilities or 4k blu ray. I'm sure we'll know more around e3. Just said media playback of photos and video only and that 3d isn't a focus right now
post #18 of 89 Old 02-23-13, 10:56 AM
Senior Shackster

Yeah I read it too, look it up on ign, it is pass through.
post #19 of 89 Old 02-23-13, 03:35 PM
Elite Shackster

My System

What I would like to see is a 128 GB SSD drive in the PS4. Would make boot times and loads faster...especially if your going to be putting nice memory and processor like they are.

post #20 of 89 Old 02-23-13, 03:37 PM Thread Starter
Elite Shackster

My System
Quote:
phillihp23 wrote: View Post
What I would like to see is a 128 GB SSD drive in the PS4. Would make boot times and loads faster...especially if your going to be putting nice memory and processor like they are.
I think I read that there's no load up time