PS4 and xbox One dillemma (kind of)... - Page 2 - Home Theater Forum and Systems - HomeTheaterShack.com

post #11 of 19 Old 09-01-13, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Quote:
GeorgioDavid wrote:

You can maybe set up cd player to ps4
I don't feel that benefits the space saving I'm looking for. My shelves are already cramped with a/v equipment, and I was initially looking to purchase one game system this time around

When do you know your subwoofer is loud enough? When the Bass Hz ...padding is fun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 Old 09-03-13, 02:12 AM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: PS4 and xbox One dillemma (kind of)...

I ripped my CD collection into WAV files on an 1TB external that is hooked up to the PS3 for two reasons:
  1. To save space on the E.C.
  2. Got tired of swapping out discs
750Gbs of music without all the crowding of a separate player or CD cases.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #13 of 19 Old 09-03-13, 06:03 AM
Shackster

Don't forget that if sound quality is what you are concerned about with ripping music, all you have to do is change the settings in the software to rip at 328kb/s per file. You'll still get CD quality.

post #14 of 19 Old 09-03-13, 07:54 AM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
Quote:
jstanley214 wrote:
Don't forget that if sound quality is what you are concerned about with ripping music, all you have to do is change the settings in the software to rip at 328kb/s per file. You'll still get CD quality.
You are right about changing the settings, but my concern lies with my previous history of play stations. Since I have had a play station going all the way back to the first one, it has been hooked in to my stereo/HT setups and sound was always richer. Even when Xbox came about in my life I always preferred the sound from the PS systems, I had deeper bass notes and cleaner highs... Overall a better dynamic range than Xbox and some of the previous CD components owned.

If I'm the only one who felt this way so be it, but I hope all understand what I am talking about.

When do you know your subwoofer is loud enough? When the Bass Hz ...padding is fun!
post #15 of 19 Old 09-03-13, 10:21 AM
Shackster

I meant as far as space saving goes. Rip your CD's to an external drive and plug that drive into either the Xbox or PS, whichever you go with. Both systems can read the external thus eliminating the need of a dedicated CD player.
post #16 of 19 Old 09-03-13, 08:38 PM
Elite Shackster

Tony

My System
Re: PS4 and xbox One dillemma (kind of)...

For the upcoming gen the Xbox One will not be able to read an external HDD at launch and as to when it will be able to is still in question.

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. -Ralph Waldo Emerson
post #17 of 19 Old 09-03-13, 09:50 PM
Shackster

Yeah I was just reading that a few minutes ago. But I can't imagine it taking long for an update to add support. Overall, I think the new Xbox has better value because of all of the new entertainment options like NFL network but man both systems are beast.
post #18 of 19 Old 07-02-14, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
Shackster

My System
So to bring this thread back from a long hiatus, I just want to state I purchased the Xbox One!!! Happened by chance as I was watching a movie one day and 15 minutes in my 360 decided it was time for RROD...for good. Had it for a couple weeks now and so far no regrets, but a PS4 may accompany it someday soon.

post #19 of 19 Old 07-02-14, 04:28 PM
Elite Shackster

Jeff

My System
Quote:
Bass Hz wrote: View Post
So to bring this thread back from a long hiatus, I just want to state I purchased the Xbox One!!! Happened by chance as I was watching a movie one day and 15 minutes in my 360 decided it was time for RROD...for good. Had it for a couple weeks now and so far no regrets, but a PS4 may accompany it someday soon.
Happy with my PS4 on the gaming side of things but a little disappointed with the slow moving updates on the media side. Drives me crazy I can't control it with my Harmony One remote or see cover art when loading Blu-ray movies!